HHN XX VIP Lounge

Oysterhead00

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the VIP lounge this evening (Thursday, October 7th) and it was amazing! The amount of fantastic HHN memorabilia they have in there will make you cry tears of joy. This weeks presentation was on Legendary Truth and the files of Dr. Mary Agana, and it was fascinating! It was a little over an hour of A&D speaking about the history of all the HHN interactive websites and the history of Legendary Truth and so on. The drink service was great, and the icons from Fear Revealed do their cast change through the building so they took their time to interact with us on a very personal level. It was great! At the end of the experience, we all got special Legendary Truth badges/lanyards with the date and the name of the experience printed on them...that was fantastic! I got a bunch of great photos, and memories. Money well spent!

...And yes, it is now open to ALL AGES.

We skipped last night's presentation. Anyone else go? Got some highlights or key points you remember? I'm glad Universal listened to the feedback and opened the lounge to those under 21. Let's just make sure not to do anything to make them regret that decision. (;

We skipped last night's presentation. Anyone else go? Got some highlights or key points you remember? I'm glad Universal listened to the feedback and opened the lounge to those under 21. Let's just make sure not to do anything to make them regret that decision. (;

Go to the Event Reviews section under my post called "HHN VIP Oct 1st Review" or whatever I called it....someone put a follow up about the 7th where they had Legondary Truth there to talk about Mary Agna and they handed out LT Lanyards afterwords. Would copy and paste, but at work with limited goof off time so don't want to go find it and come back. :P

They did a shout-out to the vault and to all of the fans who participated in Legendary Truth and the related games in the past, and pretty much had a great time. The shift change going through the building was awesome. Especially when Eddie snuck up behind some poor unsuspecting girl and growled loudly or barked or something, and she about jumped out of her skin....and the entire room began clapping.

When I went up they first told me it was still 21+, then the staff member literally chased me down and told me "Sir! Sir! It's just changed, you can come in now" I was very pleasantly surprised. I really want to keep coming to these, it's very interesting to chat with the creative team and hear about the past that I've "geeked out" over so many times from the people who've created it. Such amazing stuff. And the props were nothing short of amazing.

The fact that they recreated the journal JUST for the presentation absolutely made my night. Oh, that and:

Especially when Eddie snuck up behind some poor unsuspecting girl and growled loudly or barked or something, and she about jumped out of her skin....and the entire room began clapping.

That girl is a friend of mine, and Eddie managed to scare both of us. Really, they should sneak scareactors into more mundane locations, like restaurants, the complete lack of expectation genuinely made that one of the best scares I've ever experienced at Horror Nights.

I was there last night. I'll upload my pictures a little later in the day.

For what it's worth (and I'm not sure if this has already been related), I believe TJ said that last night's presentation was NOT restricted to those 21 and up. I would assume that would apply to future lectures as well.

EDIT: And yes, Michele said this just a handful of posts ago. Sorry for the redundancy.

Edited by BigChippah

I've finally uploaded my photos from last night's lecture (& the Lounge, in general). They can be found at my new HHNXX VIP Lounge Flickr set. You can find higher-res versions of these there, as well.

5063521854_61e0fd1906.jpg

5063521946_e328d703af.jpg

5063522408_a73165e71e.jpg

5062913829_da82fa44bf.jpg

5062915049_2434624e99.jpg

5062912411_33d17877b1.jpg

5062912141_7b2957778d.jpg

5063523768_a0d9a2465e.jpg

5062913491_da87ef34f6.jpg

5063523440_ccc5ef49e2.jpg

5063523298_1ea65c3a74.jpg

And lastly, it would appear that my work is on display in the lounge as well! These are two of my photos from 2008. How flattering!

5063524196_ec7d34d9d8.jpg

5062913923_d0563831f5.jpg

Edited by BigChippah

And lastly, it would appear that my work is on display in the lounge as well! These are two of my photos from 2008. How flattering!

So you took pictures...of your own photos...in the exhibit. That's soooo cool! And I took particular notice of your first photo when looking around thinking "Damn, wish I could have gotten that shot last year!".

A few pictures from last night's Secrets of the Past lecture (the entire set can be found HERE):

5085014218_3cd568b97e.jpg

5085018382_3aca9193a8.jpg

Thank You So much for these! they are really nice pics, so I see people taking pictures but, was anyone recording? would they allow that, I doubt it but I'm just curious

seems really interesting, I wonder do they do this every year?

The talks are at 8 and 10pm. It doesn't seem like the VIP Lounge opens up much earlier than that (I think it opens at 7:30, but I could be wrong). If you're looking for a seat (and possibly a front-row seat), I would recommend getting there when the Lounge opens, just to be safe.

From what I've seen from the last two weeks, the 8pm talk is usually full, whereas there's plenty of room during the 10pm session.

Thank you, I am planning on doing the Icons show too and just dont want to miss it but I guess I will plan on doing the 10pm show then so I dont have to worry as much about a seat! Can't wait, I might even stop in on Wednesday just to take a look around at some of the neat props and such

I wasn't there for the first week's presentation, but the past two seem to have lasted somewhere between an hour to an hour and a half, followed by a short Q&A session. The 8pm session tends to run a little longer, as they get more concise and efficient at the 10pm talk.

I was in the VIP Lounge this past Thursday and it was great. It was over The Thing house that Universal did. It was really informative and fun QA session.

I recorded the entire thing with my camcorder. Jack and the Usher came into the Lounge and hung out for a while it was really cool.

I was in the VIP Lounge this past Thursday and it was great. It was over The Thing house that Universal did. It was really informative and fun QA session.

I recorded the entire thing with my camcorder. Jack and the Usher came into the Lounge and hung out for a while it was really cool.

Mike Aiello posted on his twitter that he was looking for a video of the presentation.

Yes, I am an awesome twitter stalker, tyvm.