Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

Giant: Great job man, all you had to do was stand there and I was scared. Very imposing (I was the idiot that called you out)

C_D: I think this was you, not tottally sure (I tried to call you out)....you actually touched my leg with the chainsaw bro....That gets props from me. :)))))

Some guy pointed out my shirt in saws and Steam before revving his chainsaw

2 Plague doctors teamed up to make me do the scared mans limbo...thry had their hands outstretched so I had to duck dodge and weave so I wouldnt touch them

In Zombie Gras 2 teamed up. I was dancing and some zombie looked at me so I stared back....then another one said hows this for a nightmare in my ear. I just about jumped out of my skin.

overall great job from everyone there tonight!!!!! MASSIVE PROPS

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that by Sam Meetz you mean the scareactor (sp?) that played him... So until I hear different I will hold in my excitement ha ha.

Yep, Team A Sam Meetz although he looks very different now. He's in a totally different role (not scareactor)), so I didn't even recognize him till he said "Sausages!" He was in the area by the Mummy, and we've only seen him once. I have a camera phone photo that I'll post later.

My husband is going in Zombiegeddon now just to see the barker in the second room, who always harrasses the hell out of him (team A). He miscalculated and took me through Catacombs on team B last night; not a bad experience at all, but I love the love from team A (we saw them twice as well...it was a very busy night for us).

Here's my list of appreciation form last night (10-22)... let's see if I can remember everyone...

C_D for setting up a great time for Gabby in Saws & Steam. Big thanks to his partner in crime for jumping Gabby even after informing her to not focus on one CDT. Also, about 6 other CDT members of Saws & Steam for keeping her trapped on the sidewalks!

Laz for the awesome surprise in Psychoscarapy.

Ron in Zombiegheddon (or however the hell you spell it... I'm tired give me a break) for grabbing Gabby.

Emmy on Orfanage, even though we only saw her on cast change... she still waved so that was cool.

J'ena as Cindy in Orfanage... great way to start out that house.

Andrew in Havoc... couldn't have asked to see Gabby get a better treatment from a Dog of War. (She "loves you too")!

The zombies in the Dead Exposure room of Hallow'd Past as that ALWAYS freaks Shalisa out.

To the entire cast of Catacombs at around 7:30 ish... you all had Gabby totally freaked out. I personally Love Catacombs.

As always to Kim and her entire cast of Fear Revealed (especially Jack for scaring Shalisa again).

And I must not forget Jordan on 20 Years of Fear... always fun to watch.

The biggest Kudos from us last night has to go to the Body Collector's Assistant as that's the one that freaked Gabby out the most... hands down. Both casts has Gabby terrified.

Valdez as the Mad Hatter in Hallow'd... you never cease to impress.

All the scare actors in all the houses and all the zones were simply amazing. A big thank you for making our daughter's first trip to HHN totally unforgettable.

Edited by Barbaric Derek

20 Years of Fear.

Justin and Alice you guys rock. Alice I loved your sidewalk song and your new joke. Both were awesome. Justin just keep rocking that chainsaw.

Saws N Steam

I can't say anything that I haven't said, and that everyone else hasn't said but keep on keeping on.

PS

You guys know I love you.

Edited by Jakemeister

Last night in one of the early rooms in Psycotheraph. The guy that snuck up to the side of my daughter

and said "stabby stabby" to her made our night.

It will go down as one of the greatest line since "I like cheese"

"Stabby stabby" - I totally forgot that I encountered that one too - how fun!

Now if someone could just get that spoon to me...

Thanks guys for honestly making this the best year ever. Ive never had so much fun at HHN before :) You all are amazing. Keep up the great work!

What she said. While it may or may not be the best event year that Uni has put on, for me also this is the most fun year I've ever had here. Thank you all, three thumbs up!

LT::

Travis, amazing job. Idk if you heard me call out to you or not, but you jumped out at us either way

Thanks for the appreciation. I try my hardest to get as many people as possible. I get a lot of "What the fuck was that?"

It will go down as one of the greatest line since "I like cheese"

The scareactor who said that in PS:HFTH is actually in that house. She enjoyed that line as well!

Right... I have never been as scared EVER in my entire life of going through haunted attractions as I was in psychoscareapy this year! I was in express and am currently going to horror nights on my own as my family are coming out next week for it. The guy at the merge point stopped the line just before I went in to let the line inside the house move forward a bit. Then he starts it when the line is like a few rooms ahead so I start walking through and the people behind me start getting slower and slower and I end up loosing them. So I'm walking through by myself in the house and I'm actually shaking! I've never been that scared before so absolute kudos to all of you in there!!! Especially the guy who jumped out at me in the part after the electric chair scene (the guy on the other side of it). You scared the crap out of me!

I don't know if this photo link is going to work but I posted a photo of myself so that you all might recognise me for Sunday/ Wednesday/ Thursday as I will have my family with me (my dad will be joining us at HHN for his first time) and I want them to see everything! :D I will definitely be wearing last years lanyard and most probably last years shirt until I buy this years.

Click here for my photo please

Thanks again guys for making my stay one I will NEVER EVER forget! :P

Giant: Great job man, all you had to do was stand there and I was scared. Very imposing (I was the idiot that called you out)

C_D: I think this was you, not tottally sure (I tried to call you out)....you actually touched my leg with the chainsaw bro....That gets props from me. :)))))

Some guy pointed out my shirt in saws and Steam before revving his chainsaw

2 Plague doctors teamed up to make me do the scared mans limbo...thry had their hands outstretched so I had to duck dodge and weave so I wouldnt touch them

In Zombie Gras 2 teamed up. I was dancing and some zombie looked at me so I stared back....then another one said hows this for a nightmare in my ear. I just about jumped out of my skin.

overall great job from everyone there tonight!!!!! MASSIVE PROPS

I was wondering who that was hehe....you looked a little scared LOL

You found Mr. Meetz? I love him, that was one of my favorite parts of Leave it to Cleaver. Where was he?

Here he is (cast A), but you can see he's undergone quite a career change.

Stabby, stabby is good but I enjoyed getting serenaded with Rubber Ducky in Pscyho last night quite a bit.

sam.jpg

Edited by atigeg

Just wanted to say the cast who was in Echoes of Shadybrook last night was amazing! The girl who was at the beginning of the house behind the counter just moaning creeped me out and the girl who said "peekaboo" after I said hi was pretty nice. So kudos to the cast the was on around 1 in the morning last night.

Quite a few shout-outs from last night (10/22)...

Kim (Storyteller) in FEAR Revealed - my first time actually approaching an actor I knew was on this forum since I was absolutely certain it was you (remembered you said it was the blonde Eddie in your cast). I was the guy who asked if you were the Storyteller from my nightmares. I'm sorry for my hesitant nature, but I did enjoy our conversation - and the scare you got out of me later that night when I was watching FEAR! Well done, love that you move around as much as you can to get scares.

Cindy & Usher in FEAR Revealed deserve shout-outs as well... they were very much in character (The Usher kept adjusting his bow tie and hat, as if he was about to go see his beloved Universal Palace, while Cindy was jingling her little locket). I had a brief conversation with one of the Cindy's about some dude with a plastic knife. Great job you guys - everyone in FEAR Revealed was doing quite well!

Queen of Hearts in Twenty Years of Fear - I'm very rarely targeted (since I have the appearance of one of those douchebag teenagers) and you went for me anyway, managing to surprise me with that axe of yours. Thanks! Most (if not all) of Twenty Years of Fear was doing really well when I past through (and I made an effort to come through several times since I was enjoying myself so much). You guys all really commit to your characters.

The entire cast of Hallow'd Past, whichever cast right before midnight... I went through essentially alone (other group was wayyyy ahead of me) and you guys really delivered. The Midway clown knew I saw him coming, so he yelled "He's gonna cut your legsss off!" (cue Marvel Chainsaw) followed by a "You need a friend - you look lonely!" (cue Frankenstein pushing a dummy in my face). Made my night! Everyone else did beautifully, with the Dead Exposure zombies really trying their asses off despite the shortcomings of their set. I'd also like to give specific kudos to the hiding (nonripping) Body Collector - you usually don't target me despite my affixed gaze on the spine-rip, so I wasn't expecting you... you must've waited for a good 5 seconds before I turned and saw you right in my face. Bravo! Everyone in this house was great.

Catacombs, again. I don't know what else to say - most consistent house of the event, I get jumps every single time.

HAVOC - like Catacombs, your casts are great. I went through twice, both times in whichever cast has the strongly-built black guy in the red tarp room. That female DOW right after the chainsaw gets me EVERY EFFING TIME! Also a shout-out to the guy in the first room with the air-tube... you didn't get me, but you got my HHN n00b, who was very "I'm not gonna get scared" about the entire event. Well done. ;)

Legendary Truth - Shout out to the chair - you got the same jaded friend I mentioned in the HAVOC listing. He kept insisting afterwards he was only "startled", not "scared" - mhm... ;) The girl in the bed was also doing a pretty good job being very creepy when her e-prompt wasn't going off. I don't think I've ever seen that scene with the e-prompt, sadly, but no matter.

Psychoscareapy - I still have to put this house at the bottom, but I'd be lying if I said you guys weren't giving it your all last night. A lot of you were making serious efforts to act more "insane", and I really appreciated that. In particular I loved the guy who screamed with the Straitjacket Pepper's Ghost - made me chuckle. The guy across from the Electroshocktherapy room was harvesting some screams quite effectively as well.

Hades - Another great run. I saw massive improvement (at least in my runs, mind you) from the Cyclops & Stygian Witches scenes - these guys were going everywhere, and got me several times! Great work!

Zombiegeddon - Whoever plays the instructor in the second room (scrawny w/ glasses), you are my hero - "hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cuz they're infecting everyone out there" was absolutely hysterical. The guy with the alarm (or something?) at the end nailed me as well.

Jack at the photobooth. You are AMAZING. Great interaction (managed to scare me on-camera...), and while I was waiting to check out my pic, I guess there was no one else in line, so you snuck up behind me and started breathing very slowly in my ear... didn't even notice... and then I look and BOOM. Everyone laughs, I get my scare of the night. Bought my photo w/ frame just so I could remember that. Kudos. :)

Thanks for the appreciation. I try my hardest to get as many people as possible. I get a lot of "What the fuck was that?"

The scareactor who said that in PS:HFTH is actually in that house. She enjoyed that line as well!

Cool---send my kudos. It was the perfect mix of great line AND great delivery.

"I like ....(short pause) cheese"

When we went on the daytime tour that year we stopped in that room and the guide said "there is usually a scaractor near this tree"

Everyone in my group interupted and as one said "I like cheese". From that point forward people that didn't know each other

in our tour group acted like old friends...it was a beautiful thing. We were "bound" together by cheese :D

Zombiegeddon - Whoever plays the instructor in the second room (scrawny w/ glasses), you are my hero - "hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cuz they're infecting everyone out there" was absolutely hysterical. The guy with the alarm (or something?) at the end nailed me as well.

The guy at the end of Zombie with the bullhorn is supposed to be the same guy you like in the beginning, but zombified (guess they got him after the float crash disaster). My husband loves him too, if it's Cast A you're talking about. We were very much underwhelmed by Zombiegddon early in the year. Usually that happens with Disaster queue houses (Doomsday, Cleaver) where we hate them in the beginning and they become a favorite by the end. This year I swore "No way!" but it's really growing on hubby because he loves that first (well, second) room. I do have to say the zombies have turned more vicious and aggressive too.

I forgot all about the peach cobbler line! Thanks for reminding me, it always surprises me what sticks in people's heads.

Blonde Eddie=my cast. This seems to be the easiest way to tell one cast from the other, because the Eddies look so different.

Thank goodness it's another FFP night, because you guys really make my night. The true fans, who are well-behaved, appreciate what we do, and know who we are, is what makes this job so wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I get good guests on Saturday nights too, but not like the other nights. Rarely, rarely do the "regular" guests know who any of us are in Fear Revealed.

To the chainsaw guys(one in 20 years of fear sz and another in Hallow'd Past) that screamed out "cut your hair"... thank you and no because I'm recognized by that it seems(don't even know if they know me via this site or not either way it was fun)

And to the Mary Shaw in HHN:20 years of fear sz keep targeting me and scaring the hell out of me also running into my foot with your "heelys" . Funny thing is my first ever house of HHN was Dead Silence:Curse of Mary Shaw so I wonder do i know this individual?

Matt, omg! I guess its your mission in life to make me piss myself. The other night I was with my group by the lagoon side of Saws N Steam, and I was trying to pretend not to be scared.. I failed. Some guys surrounded me. My friend pushed me into them, and I ran. I turned around and my friends were gone. I met up with my other friend, and walked down past the lagoon side of the scarezone again. Matt, you came up to me and told me that I was being selfish, and that I didn't need both of my legs.. or my arm.. and swiped at me with your chainsaw. I freaked out and ran away. My friend Stephanie was just standing there with you when I turned around. You were looking at me like "What did I do?" LOVE you and your zone!

Also, many kudos to the blonde Chance! The first time we met we improved off of each other other for a good 3 minutes, then ran away. The next weekend I'm walking through and I hear "HEY! I remember you!" And it was her! I LOVED it. It made me feel special. ;)

Casey

Edited by TeenageHorror

First off, I just want to say that all the scareactors are doing a FANTASTIC job this year, as always. We really appreciate all your hard work and dedication!

A special thank you to Cast B of the 20 Years of Fear scarezone. You guys are amazing every single time I go through. Thank you to the Mary Shaw who tried to eat my cake I bought from the bakery! It was hysterical. I had no idea there was a slit in the mask for you to stick out your tongue. Also, when I said "You're amazing, by the way," I totally meant it! Your heelie skills are mad crazy! Another thank you to the Gentleman/Body Collector who responded to my "Ooo, you're my favorite" by blowing me a kiss. :wub: Absolutely made my night..if not my whole HHN season. ^_^

Both casts of Hallow'd Past always impress me each time I go through this house. It's especially great to get recognition from the spine-ripping Gentleman whenever I clap for him...which is pretty much every time I go in. Can't deny that he does a fantastic job! ;)

Edited by RedGoddess

I gotta say, I had a horrible night. Not because of the scareactors. No, I decided to hang with a friend who had a few friends of hers who came by. I decided to not do my whole lone wolf thing. Well, every time I"d make a single suggestion, I'd get shot down, and insulted. While we were in front of catacombs they wanted to hit the mummy...instead of going through fear revealed, they wanted to go allll the way around the park to avoid scarezones, because apparently they're an "annoyance" and a "waste of time." :blink: So yeah. That's not what this post is about though.

I finally broke away from them at 12:50, and beelined to Catacombs while cutting through Esqueleto and 20 years. Well, nothing interesting happened in Esqueleto for the first time...ever. But 20 years got me grinning again. I get to the end and the pumpkin man approaches me, and starts making gestures. I figure that he wants to pet the stuffed flamingo be brought with me, but he shakes his head, and points at my shirt, then points behind me. Lo and behold, a HNN member is sitting on the bench (Hi Amber!). We chatted for all of 15 seconds (lol) and I tried to get the wolfman to eat my stuffed flamingo. He pantomimed eating it, then runs off. Wrong wolfman, I guess (I believe it was army who snatched away my stuffed kitten the other night and ran off with it :D). Anyhow, Pumpkinhead, you rock. You made my night right there. I totally was NOT expecting that. You overwrote the entire bad night that I had, and made my grumpy mood turn into my usual HHN-high mood.

Cutting through fear revealed, I see the caretaker doing his :D *SNIP* :D *SNIP* :D *SNIP* routine which is AWESOME to see in person, when the lady he's chasing is truly terrified.

I hit Catacombs, and with the power of my cat and my comb, I have a great time. Almost all of the plague doctors are having fun snatching up the kitty, slapping the kitty, taking and throwing the kitty, pecking the kitty, and calling me out because of the kitty. Thank you plague doctors! All in all, the last ten minutes of my stay defined my night. The only reason I wasn't having fun was because my group was avoiding the scareactors! And it only took ten minutes of exposure to them to change my mood around. Kudos to the scareactors, you are all very amazing entertainers.

THANK YOU TO CAST B OF HAVOC TONIGHT!!!

Ok, I wasn't scared... I was terrified, not in my usual boo someone got me scared but I was literally terrified one of you guys was going to rip me to shreads, that was AMAZING! I had been missing out. I LOVED It, thank you all for making my first run though awesome.

I have some more shout outs for tomorrow but I have got to be getting to bed now.