Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Amber

I know it has been said before but I will say it again. The girl that played Cindy last night was awesome. Played the part to the hilt and her quirky movements and way of speaking was perfect for the role. I really got a kick out of talking to her. So kudos to her whoever she is.

IMG_0632.jpg

Edited by dkrfla

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some shoutouts to the following in regards to yesterday (10/8/2010):

The cast of 20 years of Fear (i don't know which one), which included Alice (from Asylum in Wonderland), One of the cheerleaders, and the wolfman who snarled my username ("figment").

for Fear Revealed, the brunette Chance who attempted to "stab" 2 of my Pal Mickeys, and both Storytellers.

Legendary Truth's shrieking ghost from the scene with the clear floor who made me scream

Both casts of Saws and Steam especially one of the leaders on the mini-stage who took the time to single me out for both my Pal Mickeys and my Nemo Hat (which made it's scareactor target debut with a bang)

and finally, Scott at Zombiegeddon who told the tutorial zombie not to "touch me" as i was already "plagued"

I know I wrote here already but I feel like I have to write about today, I was never scared by two actors at once

I went to Catacombs today around 6-6:30 and at first I dont know exactly where I was but one Plague doctor got me, then at the same time another plague doctor came and put his hand near me, it freaked me out so much I yelled a little,

Plague doctors are becoming my favorite actor in a house this year :)

To start with, thank you to everyone - scareactor and guest alike - for the HNN shout outs. Special thanks to the male patient in Psychoscareapy at the end who yelled something like "It's the nightmares!" as I was leaving. <3

Someone on Saws 'n Steam Cast A has an awesome snarl, you got me with it again tonight.

More harassment from the Directors in Fear Revealed - I got three scares from them, bringing the total up to five. The last one was funny. I was watching Fear take pictures with people when some guy came over and was like "He has something to show you". I was like "Huh?" and turned to find the Director leaning over my shoulder. Startled me good.

Thanks to invader_butters for the "welcome back" my second time through Zombiegeddon.

To a certain CDTer... ugh, YOU AGAIN. I had managed to dodge you for most of the night and I thought I would be okay... I took a chance watching the CDT disperse and it bit me in the rear. I think you got a better reaction this time, I freak out when I get chased like that. D: Thanks for the shout out too.

I had the privilege of going through Catacombs alone, Cast A. Thanks for all the scares - the best one was when I had two plague doctors get up in my face at once. Got me really good.

Cast A (correct me if I'm wrong) in 20 Years of Fear pretty much made me their personal bitch tonight. I can count on one hand the number of times I went through and didn't get attacked by at least ONE person. I got ganged up on at least three times. Even the stilt walkers got in on it (the one from HHN13 actually chased me, and THAT was scary). It was crazy. I also had my most epic scare of the night here. I was going through, had a couple of scares, and then the cheerleader showed up (OMG, she followed me ALL NIGHT). Of course she started to follow me, I walked faster, Alice saw us and shouted "Run!" I ducked down instinctively. "That's not running, that's cowering!" The stilt walkers attempted to block me, but I dodged around them and started to leave. Unfortunately, I didn't see the chainsaw sneaking up behind me. He revved it, surprised me, and I bolted.

He shouted after me. "THAT'S RUNNING!" LOL. You guys are merciless, but I really love your zone. You take many pictures with people, yet still manage to get a ton of scares. I always enjoy coming through, so thanks. :)

To the Havoc actors in the closing set: You guys made the night, you were by far the favorite house of the night! The rest of the houses were really good and brought their own things to the table, but we haven't been able to see Havoc as our 'main event' house yet, being the final house we see before closing time. We were practically alone with them and from the first scare actor, we could already tell it was going to be a great house to go through.

also in the 20 years of fear scarezone:

great to see ya, Amy and Lexi!

Whoever plays Cindy in your cast, if she comes to HNN, she was awesome. Toward one of the earlier rounds with Amy and Lexi's cast, we saw Cindy around us like 3 times in two minutes, we finally said, "geeze, you're everywhere tonight!" she turns around and yells "I'M A KID" it was fantastic. I hope she didn't think we were just being jerks, if you thought that, we really weren't. It was just said with perfect little kid sass. It was one of the night's highlights hahaha.

it was an awesome night tonight!

To start with, thank you to everyone - scareactor and guest alike - for the HNN shout outs. Special thanks to the male patient in Psychoscareapy at the end who yelled something like "It's the nightmares!" as I was leaving. <3

Someone on Saws 'n Steam Cast A has an awesome snarl, you got me with it again tonight.

More harassment from the Directors in Fear Revealed - I got three scares from them, bringing the total up to five. The last one was funny. I was watching Fear take pictures with people when some guy came over and was like "He has something to show you". I was like "Huh?" and turned to find the Director leaning over my shoulder. Startled me good.

Thanks to invader_butters for the "welcome back" my second time through Zombiegeddon.

To a certain CDTer... ugh, YOU AGAIN. I had managed to dodge you for most of the night and I thought I would be okay... I took a chance watching the CDT disperse and it bit me in the rear. I think you got a better reaction this time, I freak out when I get chased like that. D: Thanks for the shout out too.

I had the privilege of going through Catacombs alone, Cast A. Thanks for all the scares - the best one was when I had two plague doctors get up in my face at once. Got me really good.

Cast A (correct me if I'm wrong) in 20 Years of Fear pretty much made me their personal bitch tonight. I can count on one hand the number of times I went through and didn't get attacked by at least ONE person. I got ganged up on at least three times. Even the stilt walkers got in on it (the one from HHN13 actually chased me, and THAT was scary). It was crazy. I also had my most epic scare of the night here. I was going through, had a couple of scares, and then the cheerleader showed up (OMG, she followed me ALL NIGHT). Of course she started to follow me, I walked faster, Alice saw us and shouted "Run!" I ducked down instinctively. "That's not running, that's cowering!" The stilt walkers attempted to block me, but I dodged around them and started to leave. Unfortunately, I didn't see the chainsaw sneaking up behind me. He revved it, surprised me, and I bolted.

He shouted after me. "THAT'S RUNNING!" LOL. You guys are merciless, but I really love your zone. You take many pictures with people, yet still manage to get a ton of scares. I always enjoy coming through, so thanks. :)

I was the male patient and your welcome, glad I helped make your night :)

Some shoutouts to the following in regards to yesterday (10/8/2010):

The cast of 20 years of Fear (i don't know which one), which included Alice (from Asylum in Wonderland), One of the cheerleaders, and the wolfman who snarled my username ("figment").

I was the Wolfman! Glad you enjoyed your night.

Shoutouts for

Hallow'd Past Cast B are in order. You guys kicked ass and I loved that we were the only one in the house.

PS Echoes Cast B...same as always. <3

Catacombs whoever opens. HOLY SHIT. I had an awesome run through. We were the only people in the house about 5 or 10 minutes after stay and scream finally let everyone else in so we were the only people in the house. It was FUCKING awesome.

one zombiegras scareactor got right in my face and started eating the heart he was holding, nice and disgusting lol

Also freaking epic scare at catacombs, the part at the end with all the strobes and plastic on the walls. the air blew on the plastic and it wrapped all around me, for a few seconds

I was disoriented trying to push the plastic out of my way. then when i got it off, skeleton person right in my face screaming. thank you whoever you are.

and once again the casts over at Esqueleto Muerte are always great, love you guys hissing at me.

I just came back from my trip and I've got some great shout outs to share!

-Much love to Kim (The Storyteller)! It was nice meeting her and she scared the crap out of me towards the end of the night! I turned around and she was all up in my face! That was probably the best scarezone scare I had!

-Jack from the same Cast, he was moving around being all hard to get a photo with, but luckily I was able to get his attention by telling him I was a fan!. We then had a nice little conversation and we were able to get a photo with him. I laughed when he shoo'd away some other group of people who were trying to get a photo! That Jack rocks!

-A plague doctor in Catacombs recognized me and called my name! I know you're on this board, thanks for that! Catacombs rocked.

-The cast of Havoc was intense! There would be actors that I already saw and they'd still manage to scare me!

- The entire cast of Hades. God damn, every single room I got scared. Favorite house!

- There was a zombie in Zombie Gras that recognize my vault shirt and immediately went after me, I had to keep backing up cause he looked like he was never gonna stop!

Oh, there was a dude I saw in a HNN shirt that I would give him a nod and a fistpump everytime I saw him. Wherever you are, FISTPUMP.

This was a great year thanks to all the scareactors!

Since there's no Scareactor Apology Thread, I figured I'd post this here...

Last night, around 10 o'clock, I was walking through The Coven, after having just recently purchased a bottled Zephyrhills water (the one with the flip top), and this big group of people brushed past me, and in the middle was one of the Hag scareactors (sorry if Hag isn't the right word here, but I don't know what else to call them...). One of their like streams of cloth hanging from their hood latched onto the water bottle cap, flipped the top open, and since they were walking away from me, it yanked it in my hand, causing my hand to squeeze, resulting in a ton of water being squirted out, and some of it seemingly landing on the scareactor. I said sorry, and they kind looked at me, and we parted ways. I felt horrible for the whole rest of the night because of this, and was so worried you would think I was one of those stupid people whose goal is to mess with and annoy the scareactors.

I wanted to let you know what happened, and hopefully I didn't ruin your night. I would never intentionally mess with a scareactor; I have the upmost respect for what you do. If you're on here, hopefully you read this. If not, maybe another Coven scareactor heard this person talking about something like this, and could pass on my explanation to them. Thanks!

Again, I'm sorry! And thanks to all who have scared me so far!

My favorite was when Fear Revealed Jack noticed my Vault shirt and said, "The Vault! That's as dead as I am!"

Oh what a great Thursday and Friday. Props to EVERYONE every house and scarezone was great and I didn't have a major complaint about any of them.

Thursday:

Hollow'd Past:

Favorite House of the year by far, went in it over 20 times total so far.

Dead Exposure Room for the vault hand signal almost every time I went through the house. You were the first one on the right. The two times I have noted down is 5:58 and 8:53

Body collectors, both the distractor cutting the spine and the scareactor. I have the same times noted for both of you.

Vault Shout out in catacombs, I have 2 beaks towards the end of the house in my notes at 6:44.

Saws at 7:37, vault sign from the distractor up on stage in the alley and the extremely good actor at the end of the alley with the chain saw that told me the vault was dead and to go to Nightmares then went for my feet. He got me good.

The last actor in LT around 8:21, they got the person in front of me and then did the vault sign to me.

One of the female actresses in Esqueleto Muerte. EVERY single time I came through your cast on all four nights you would either point at me and do a heart, take your maraca, put it up to my nose and make a sound, or both. You were one of the scareactors that stuck in my head all day the next day and made the event that much better. Glad I got to do the heart back to you on possibly my last night of hhn for this year. :D

Wolfman in 20 years of Fear around 10:56 for saying vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaault in my ear.

Jack in Fear Revealed around the same time for saying "The Vault? That place is deader than I am."

Friday:

Hollow'd Past:

2nd Actor that reaches out in the room right before finale around 6:02 for saying vaaaault.

Mad Hatter, same cast, I guess you were a body collector the past night because when we would go into your room you would clap at me. I don't know why but, it twas pretty awesome.

Jack, same cast, at the end for counting every time we went through the house.

Body Collector, same cast, I don't know what was going on in your room at opening but you were awesome and I'm glad I got to go in with no one in front or behind us so I could ask you why you let your victim and table escape. Also the other body collector that was scaring early on even without the table... I dont think you were the same because you were taller than the other body collector. Either way everyone in that room were great.

Sailor and First actor in the ship room for some kind of remark about buying a pass and staying on board. Didn't fully catch it but I laughed. Also the sailor every time I went through he'd put his hand in front of my face or try to distract me in some way.

Eddie for scaring the hell out of me my first run through of the night and just waving at me every other time. LOL.

Props to the guy in the large neon large costumes in the room that no one is usually in and if they are there on the left behind the mirror. You came running full force at me screaming towards the end of the cast the final two times I went through in your cast.

Lastly, dead exposure guy on the right for giving the vault signal every time I went through the house and usually giving me a good laugh scaring someone in front of me. Also I don't know if it was the same guy because he seemed a bit taller but the one at 9:51 gave me a V sign too.

Overall, my favorite house of the year and such a great cast. Thanks for all the entertainment guys. <3

Catacombs:

The 2nd beak in the first 3 beak combo room. You said vault or scared me, or both, don't remember. This was around 6:43.

Physcoscarpy:

Holy Hell. My first three nights going through this house were lacking compared to others, I don't know if it was the other cast but the cast at around 7:37 was AMAZING.

The guy behind the 2 barrels right before the nurse wallace must die room ran up to me and said Staby Staby and gave me one of the best scares of the night.

PRISON ROOM, I believe it was the second one behind the bars. We were at a stand still and you motioned for me to come closer to you. I did and you pulled a spoon out of your shirt pocket and said Give this to Jesus. Made. My. Night.

The finale room one of the last two actors went in front of me and said the vault is dead.

DOW:

Cast at 9:28

The tube guy in the room with the water and stuff for saying vaullt.

Zombie Gras:

Cast at 10:55

Zombie in the orange shirt with the green head I believe for the vault sign.

Zombiegeddon:

Cast at 11:04

Carnival Zombie first one on the left side for the vault sign and scaring me.

Edited by PWT

v

Hi All

What a brilliant thread idea!

As you may have seen in a couple of my earlier posts, my girlfriend and I are coming over from the UK just for the weekend as its our anniversary (she never gets any time off work and has had a really rough year, I'm doing this to cheer her up)

Would anyone be able to "customise" our experience a little to give her a nice surprise when we are there?

We will be doing the RIP Tour on Sunday 31 starting at 7 and ends at 11 - if anyone has any suggestions of something fun (even if it's just shouting out her name or the name of her boss or something) that would be awesome.

More than willing to ensure we wear something to distinguish us!

Message me if interested - it would make our trip.

All Best

Dan

Edited by thedman

I got lots of shout-outs and tons of scares by here are my most memorable:

Alice: she like's to laugh a lot, so I lauged with her.

--------------

Chucky: as I was taking a picture he just walks up to me. I look. I jump. He runs.

--------------

Cindy (Fear Revealed & Orfanage): great interaction between us, Fear Revealed Cindy kept chatting with me, then I saw her in the VIP Lounge, I told her I saw her daddy and we carried on another nice little chat. The the Orfanage Cindy played a little game of patty-cake with me and we giggled and smiled together. I just love that actor!

-------------

The Whole Entire Cast of Havoc: y'all are amazing, so much energy flows through y'all's veins, great job!

-------------

All the Icons of Hallow'd Past: y'all scared me really good, even when tons of light was flooding in from the two big open double-doors.

------------

The Final Actor in the Finale of Catacombs, you've got me every single time I've gone through.

------------

Those were just the most memorable, but I got scared at least 50 times tonight. I learned that if you want to get targeted, you don't look into the boo holes and see if there's an actor hiding.

Had yet another wonderful night at HHN. Some highlights...

Hallow'd Past, Cast A, Usher - <3333 Thank you sooo much for that scare my first time through. I know I just got lucky, but I was dying for some attention from my favorite icon and I finally got it. Please forgive my exhuberant "Julian! :D" upon seeing you, I was really happy.

Fear Revealed, Cast A, Usher - saw me watching Fear and snuck in for the scare. Thanks, that made me smile :)

FEAR, Cast B - Jesus. H. Christ. He scared the hell out of me. I find this character as fascinating as he is scary, so I wander into Fear Revealed every now and then to gawk at him from afar. I made the mistake of getting a little too close tonight. He looked in my direction, started to approach, I was like "oh crap" and started to retreat, he kept coming, catching up to me in seconds. I just shut down and hid my face in my hands, eventually peeking out to see him standing INCHES away, staring down at me. I am going to be seeing that in my nightmares.

Chainsaw Drill Team - Fate hates me. I walked out of Hades after SnS, saw you heading on set and nearly had a heart attack. I tried going on the sidewalks to avoid you all and you STILL managed to get me. Then, as I was leaving Hades for the second time that night, I ran into you heading off set and you got me AGAIN. You are so mean... but you're good scareactors.

20 Years of Fear - <3333 Nothing but love for both casts. You guys are so much fun. Thanks for the "Stumpy" and "Nightmares" shout outs. Armyofrobots and his orc friend had me pinned against one of the prop shelves at one point, nice teamwork.

Giant - pretty sure it was you that screamed "Stumpy! Get back here!" and chased me into the alley. Thanks for the shout out and scare!

Physcoscarpy:

Holy Hell. My first three nights going through this house were lacking compared to others, I don't know if it was the other cast but the cast at around 7:37 was AMAZING.

The guy behind the 2 barrels right before the nurse wallace must die room ran up to me and said Staby Staby and gave me one of the best scares of the night.

PRISON ROOM, I believe it was the second one behind the bars. We were at a stand still and you motioned for me to come closer to you. I did and you pulled a spoon out of your shirt pocket and said Give this to Jesus. Made. My. Night.

The finale room one of the last two actors went in front of me and said the vault is dead.

That would of been me that said the Vault is dead. What I said was in my crazy like voice was "Like me, the Vault is Dead" and went into my crazy laugh. Good seeing you though :)