Saws N' Steam

Mark M.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a big chainsaw fan, but I was pleasantly surprised by this zone. It was fun to walk through, and the atmosphere was perfect. One of their barkers was really good, I don't remember what cast he was on, but I think he had some facial hair and was fond of calling us all cockroaches (it wasn't the one with the full beard). I stopped to watch him for a few minutes. Two of our resident Nightmares got some nice scares on me here, particularly C_D, who sent me running into the alley... I ended up alone in there and they were all over me. D: BTW, be careful how close you get to the big machine the barker stands on. You could end up with an unpleasant surprise.

I have three words for this scarezone...Nine Inch Nails! Here are the songs that were played through out the zone. NIN - Ghost 8, NIN - Ghost 10, and NIN - Ghost 15. Also, I beleave that NIN - Ghost 29 was played in Brian Brushwood's show.

well played, sir! you're correct! (at least with regards to my show)

I have three words for this scarezone...Nine Inch Nails! Here are the songs that were played through out the zone. NIN - Ghost 8, NIN - Ghost 10, and NIN - Ghost 15. Also, I beleave that NIN - Ghost 29 was played in Brian Brushwood's show.

I love it so much how they used NIN for this zone, I hope in the future they'll use more stuff like this, maybe some cradle of filth next year...

Edited by black7mask

I love it so much how they used NIN for this zone, I hope in the future they'll use more stuff like this, maybe some cradle of filth next year...

Good idea, it would fit well with a Halloween Event. Especially some of their instrumental songs.

This is my favorite picture of Saws n Steam (the zone itself). It really captures the creepiness of Sting Alley with all that fog and those red lights. I'm 99% sure that this photo was taken by JWFearman's wife.

dsc4325f.jpg

I have walked right into other guests when going through that fog. Several times :P

I look forward to spending a lot of time in this zone on closing weekend. You can't go wrong with chainsaws, especially when you have the people that this zone has in control of them.

Edited by Jumboshrmp

The one and only thing that I don't like about this zone would be the people who stop in the alley and gawk at the "victim." Right in the middle of the walkway. While I love standing around and enjoying the atmosphere, sometimes I like to just walk through because I'm going somewhere....and these blockers are quite annoying -.-. Is it just me? Lol.

I just remembered something. On the 14th when I went last, which was extremely busy and full of idiots, had a few particularly bad idiots. One was making rude gestures to the guy on the machine. "Oh, what is that, your age or your IQ?" was a great response. The totally EPIC response from the teen was "fuck you." I'm still shuddering at the sheer originality of the teen, as that is quite a creative insult :rolleyes: (Yes, that's sarcasm to you white knights out there.) Anyhow, they actually opened up the oven on the side closest to the alley, took a few body parts out, and were about to make off with them when the guy on the machine shouts "YOU DARE STEAL FROM THE MACHINE?! YOU'RE PATHETIC. YOU ARE TRASH" or something to that extent. He ran up to them, snatched the body parts back up, and stuffed them back into the oven.

So, that brings up a few questions. One, to the scareactors that were working that shift, what happened to those idiots? The crowd was too thick for me to see if security got them. Also, why the hell can you open the oven? I mean, holy crap, put a lock on it or something. That's ridiculous. I think that the shouter on the machine should have the same rights as security, or at least have some sort of code word to summon them over in case idiots pull that crap off, because I was about ready to walk on over and help him out...but I didn't want to start a fight, nor did I want to get trespassed for a year for "participating in a fight" so I just kinda backed off.

I just remembered something. On the 14th when I went last, which was extremely busy and full of idiots, had a few particularly bad idiots. One was making rude gestures to the guy on the machine. "Oh, what is that, your age or your IQ?" was a great response. The totally EPIC response from the teen was "fuck you." I'm still shuddering at the sheer originality of the teen, as that is quite a creative insult :rolleyes: (Yes, that's sarcasm to you white knights out there.) Anyhow, they actually opened up the oven on the side closest to the alley, took a few body parts out, and were about to make off with them when the guy on the machine shouts "YOU DARE STEAL FROM THE MACHINE?! YOU'RE PATHETIC. YOU ARE TRASH" or something to that extent. He ran up to them, snatched the body parts back up, and stuffed them back into the oven.

So, that brings up a few questions. One, to the scareactors that were working that shift, what happened to those idiots? The crowd was too thick for me to see if security got them. Also, why the hell can you open the oven? I mean, holy crap, put a lock on it or something. That's ridiculous. I think that the shouter on the machine should have the same rights as security, or at least have some sort of code word to summon them over in case idiots pull that crap off, because I was about ready to walk on over and help him out...but I didn't want to start a fight, nor did I want to get trespassed for a year for "participating in a fight" so I just kinda backed off.

This oven was open when I went through.. I reached in & touched to see if there was a piece of glass covering it, but there wasn't.. The morons that tried to take the parts, sound like the the idiot type... I myself encountered some of those on OCT 9. First a girl screams profanity's at me in 20YoF for ACCIDENTAL cutting in way of her pic. Mary Shaw asks me "Moody little b*tch, ain't she?". Then there was the ever annoying 'scream louder than the sound effects the entire way through the house' group of black women in Hades(even with that inconvenience this still managed to make HotY for me).

Maybe it just appeared to me that the oven was closed...I never stopped to look that close at it. I think that they should close it just because of these idiots. I also hate the "Scream louder" crew. Especially when they're just...screaming. No scares going on, nothing....like a friggin extremely high pitched klaxon going off or something. Quite annoying.

Maybe it just appeared to me that the oven was closed...I never stopped to look that close at it. I think that they should close it just because of these idiots. I also hate the "Scream louder" crew. Especially when they're just...screaming. No scares going on, nothing....like a friggin extremely high pitched klaxon going off or something. Quite annoying.

In defense of screamers, some of us are reeeelly loud, I am sometimes happy to be out-screamed.

Mae

That area of the machine is always left open...that's where we put the body parts we collect to be rendered by the machine. It's left open so we can go up and grab body parts to assist with our scares...usually there's someone over there keeping an eye on it....

In defense of screamers, some of us are reeeelly loud, I am sometimes happy to be out-screamed.

Mae

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing screams, I love it when people scream, but there are some who walk into a zone and before anyone's even LOOKED at them they begin wailing at the top of their lungs. This happens more in houses than zones, but it is so annoying. Those that scream loudly when something pops out at them, cool, I dig that, I enjoy that even....even if my ears begin hurting. Last year in The Spawning I was behind a group of tweens and early teens who did just that, and I found it hilarious. Then I was behind a similar group who just began screaming as if to announce their presence...ugh.

That area of the machine is always left open...that's where we put the body parts we collect to be rendered by the machine. It's left open so we can go up and grab body parts to assist with our scares...usually there's someone over there keeping an eye on it....

Ah, I see. That makes sense. The ops that's supposed to have his eye on it must've been looking the other way whenever this angsty group came by, but probably took care of them without creating much of a ruckus.

A great Scarezone. I love its use of Sting Alley, the fog, and the random bursts of water. The chainsaws don't scare me as much as they used to (you have to litterally get me from behind to get me to run) but it's still a fun scarezone that is a definite don't miss. it's also got the combined talent of Giant and C_D in the same cast. Now that's epic!

Last night I made sure to get a latte from Starbucks with lots of whipped Cream and ate it with a Straw as I passed through sting alley. Straws n Cream in Saws n Steam. Some of the scareactors slurped at me.

Awesome.

Mae

ps had a dream about saws n team...

Props to C_D for letting me get a photo with him tonight, AND setting me up for a great double scare with the second chainsaw wielder who came right up behind me, then both growling after the photo was snapped. Both got me good, I didn't know the second gentleman was there, and yes, they are both in the photo. Priceless - thanks so much! You are all a joy to watch.

I want to thank everyone who enjoyed coming through Saws & Steam this year. I was in the alleyway or up on stage this year (depending on the night) and decided to remain pretty anonymous this run. Hope everyone enjoyed interacting with our casts!

Edited by Treakyone

• Mark M. changed the title to Saws N' Steam