Zombie Gras

Mark M.

This scarezone proves that size does not matter. Look what they did with such a small area, sure it doesn't have a lot of props but the actors were on their A game. I loved the costumes and the dude on the parade float and how the zombies would occasionally come after him. It was a really entertaining, humorous, original and scary zone that I'll be sure to spend more time in next time (I stopped for a good 3 minutes to take it all in on my trip). I'll give it an A for now.

good scarezone. ironically enough i knew from the first time that i learned about Zombie Gras on HHN's webpage, that i had a feeling that it was meant to be a dark parody of Universal's Mardi Gras.

Edited by figment1988

So are they throwing bead in this zone? I know there was alot of people wondering that leading up to the event.

Occasionally. It's not easy to get them, but some people did. The zombies loved to taunt Chris by showing him beads and then denying him.

This zone was pure genious. Most of the actors were on their A-game, especially loved how they would react to the explosions from the barge in the lake and how they were caught between being zombies and Mardi Gras performers and would bust some dance moves, namely with the zombie with the umbrella (if you're on here you were fantastic!). Great audio choices too, think I will have "Feet Don't Fail Me Now" stuck in my head for awhile.

Edited by pg1287

Hahahahahaha I loved this one even though I kinda ran through it to get to Zombiegeddon before the queue line closed. It looks to be one of the most entertaining zones, and it would not surprise me one bit if it got Scarezone of the Year. I think we need a zombie float in Universal's actual Mardi Gras. ;)

When I was walking through this zone during the day I noticed that there were splatters of fake blood all over the ground. Was this done as part of the theming? I didn't notice it at night. Or could it possibly have been makeup that was sweated off?

No, one of the Scareactors was putting fake blood in their mouth and coughing it up as they scared....well done LoL

No, one of the Scareactors was putting fake blood in their mouth and coughing it up as they scared....well done LoL

They must have been doing this all night, it was EVERYWHERE.

I like how if you look at this zone from across the lagoon it looks like a circus tent.

I honestly thought that this zone was really lame at first, but now I love it, because where else can you be surrounded by dancing zombies?

Fun scarezone. I didn't find it very scary myself, but the people around me seemed to disagree, because they were running all over the place. :P They did get a few reactions out of me though, especially the zombie on Sunday night that puffed air on the back of my neck - I jumped about a foot in the air. Nice.

My only gripe with this zone is that it was very hard to get through when it was busy. There was always a crowd gathered in front of the float for beads, and Universal had stuff set up on the sidewalks, so going around it was difficult. I often had to dodge both scareactors and guests, and I felt bad for getting in the scareactors' way. :/

• 2 weeks later...

This was another great scarezone. I love all the different types of Zombies found in this one. All were very fun but also could provide the scares I needed. I must say I do miss the guy who used to be up on the parade float doing a mini-show...whatever happened to him??

I miss the guy on the float too. He's been gone for a while now. My husband used to make it his mission to beg beads (I think he gets flashbaacks to regular Uni Mardi Gras). I noticed now that the zombies sometimes hand out beads. They've always taunted with them, but when we were there recently, one offered some and I reaching, thinking they would get grabbed away, and they weren't. I will always have a special affinity for this zone because it's where they did Media Boo Camp and I got to work two shifts as a zombie, with a real make-up job and costume and everything. Gave me even more respect that the mountain I already have for the scareactors.

To the zombie (not sure which cast) that gave me two bead necklaces tonight, I believe you groaned to me to give one of them to giant over in Saws n Steam, but he was already off his last set by the time we made it over there :( I gave it to a lovely lady in Esqueleto though and it made her very happy so at least it got put to good use :)

I still have the purple one and will be keeping it as one of many souvenirs I obtained through the SZs over the past few weeks. Thanks for giving me something to remember you all by. I loved walking through your zone and would almost always dance as I waltzed through. And hey, Mardi Gras is coming up in a few months!

Thanks again you guys. I loved watching you all dance, shake and groan in front of Disaster Studios this year <3

To the zombie (not sure which cast) that gave me two bead necklaces tonight, I believe you groaned to me to give one of them to giant over in Saws n Steam, but he was already off his last set by the time we made it over there :( I gave it to a lovely lady in Esqueleto though and it made her very happy so at least it got put to good use :)

I still have the purple one and will be keeping it as one of many souvenirs I obtained through the SZs over the past few weeks. Thanks for giving me something to remember you all by. I loved walking through your zone and would almost always dance as I waltzed through. And hey, Mardi Gras is coming up in a few months!

Thanks again you guys. I loved watching you all dance, shake and groan in front of Disaster Studios this year <3

You Sir are most welcome. It was a pleasure meeting you!

• 1 year later...

I liked this scarezone a ton. Very colorful and high energy. I got some good scares to. Kudos to the people on the float and the girl walking around gnawing on the hand. It was always fun to walk through this one. The mardi gras element was a neat contrast to the zombies.

• Mark M. changed the title to Zombie Gras