HHN: 20 Years of Fear

Mark M.

Oh no, Jonathan, what happened? Remember, RICE-Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Purchase an ankle brace if you need one, but make sure it's big enough. They seem to run particularly small.

I have been having HUGE pain in my left ankle and heel for months, especially bad for the past 10 days or so, so if you see my limping, that's why. Fortunately, it serves my character well because Ms Strict would not be a fast mover, but I hate feeling old and lame like that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FANTASTIC street, a wonderful look back at past characters who have really help make this event the success it has become.

Body Collectors and Pumpkinhead = me being a happy camper! :wub:

And I think I missed you every set on both Friday and Saturday nights Kim...we'll be coming back out again on the 20th, hopefully I'll catch you then! ;)

This is always a fun zone, and a few great experiences tonight. My first trip through, I ended up having the Gentleman on my left ear, and a vampire bride on my right ear, just staring and breathing ... so creepy, I LOVED it! I really, really had to tinkle, and these two almost made me not make it to the ladies room at Mel's. On my way out, the girl with the hand mirror got my attention, telling me "You're gonna diiieeeee!" Then chainsaw man revved his motor right behind me - perfect teamwork! Also, my thanks to the man who was with the Rat Lady, putting the fake rat in his mouth (I hope it was fake!). I watched him for 5 minutes while I was resting my leg outside Mel's, and he was inspired. Thanks for the photo!

Now, embarrassing question #773. The girl with the mirror - I can't identify the character or house she went with. I assume that was from one of my financially embarrassed years. Who and what is the character from?

This is always a fun zone, and a few great experiences tonight. My first trip through, I ended up having the Gentleman on my left ear, and a vampire bride on my right ear, just staring and breathing ... so creepy, I LOVED it! I really, really had to tinkle, and these two almost made me not make it to the ladies room at Mel's. On my way out, the girl with the hand mirror got my attention, telling me "You're gonna diiieeeee!" Then chainsaw man revved his motor right behind me - perfect teamwork! Also, my thanks to the man who was with the Rat Lady, putting the fake rat in his mouth (I hope it was fake!). I watched him for 5 minutes while I was resting my leg outside Mel's, and he was inspired. Thanks for the photo!

Now, embarrassing question #773. The girl with the mirror - I can't identify the character or house she went with. I assume that was from one of my financially embarrassed years. Who and what is the character from?

Was the girl in blue with bloody eyes? I think you're talking about Alice from Asylum in Wonderland in 2008.

Mae

I led the cast onto the street the other night and stood there as everyone came out the door

The guests were saying...

Oooh there is the Wolfman, Oh Frankenstein, Hey Cryptkeeper...then..

OH MY GAWD!!! IT"S CHUCKY!!!!

Hilarious!

Apparently people LOVE our Chucky

I was a little disappointed to see them go with the carnival of carnage version of jack but seeing Mary shaw mad it all better :)

I actually like Jack's ringmaster suit more than the jumpsuit. He just looks spiffy.

On a somewhat related note, I really dug some of the references to way back when that they included, like having the Crypt-keeper hanging out in a directors get up. I haven't even been going to HHN that long, and I get a kick outta stuff like that.

Best scarezone I've seen in awhile this was the first one that I could say they did a great job with details, they had house quality sets in there it was great. I was a little disappointed to see them go with the carnival of carnage version of jack but seeing Mary shaw mad it all better :)

you can still see the other jack in the other side of the park, I have some pictures of him

This was my favorite scarezone this year. I enjoyed watching both casts perform. I especially liked the actors on the Mel's end of the zone. There's a nice mixture of photo-ops, playful interaction and scares. All of the actors really work well together here. Keep up the great work!

Ah, 20 Years of Fear... I know I gave you plenty of love in the Appreciation thread, but it bears repeating. This was my favorite scarezone. The warehouse/lantern facade was perfect, and they had so many old props to look at. I was in the Studios during the day on Thursday and I remember wandering around in there for a few minutes, admiring all the stuff. It bugs me that people call this zone "the photo-op zone", like Fear Revealed... they did take a lot of pictures with people, but there was also plenty of scaring going on. I can almost count on one hand the number of times I went through and did not have at least one person come after me, and I went through... probably at least ten times each night.

I don't know if it was the HNN shirt, or if they just liked my reactions... probably a combination of both... but I got a TON of attention from both casts. It was crazy. I was followed, threatened, ganged up on, chased... I couldn't believe it. By the end of the weekend, I think the only characters who did not have a go at me were the tree-looking guy on stilts and the Crypt Keeper. By Friday or Saturday night, I even had some of them saying my username, which surprised me... I guess more of them lurk here than I thought. I had some really good scares here too. I posted my favorite one in the Appreciation thread, but there were other moments. Cast B's cheerleader (do correct me if I'm wrong) stalked me several times, and I had some good moments with their Alice. The Sentinel actually chased me out of the zone one night - THAT was scary, I was hauling butt and he had no trouble keeping up with me. And I had a little game I played with the Wolfman... it's called "Stumpy enters the scarezone and Wolfie chases her out". I lost count of how many times we did this. LOL. It was great fun. I loved it, and I always made sure to end every night going through this zone. Of everything I miss about Halloween Horror Nights, this is what I miss the most.

And I had a little game I played with the Wolfman... it's called "Stumpy enters the scarezone and Wolfie chases her out".

that was a fun game...

it was so funny... I managed to catch you out of the corner of my eye each time you came through...

"ROUND 4!!"

I had fun. I'm glad you did too.