HHN: 20 Years of Fear

Mark M.

I knew I'd forget someone. On my shout outs from last night, I forgot the stilt walker from HHN 13 that got RIGHT up, erm, down in my face and gave me a wicked staredown and growl. I can't even bend like that without stilts, so I was both impressed and delighted. Thanks!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 Years of Fear

Loved this zone. My brother & I agree that this is the SZ of the year (Thou we kind of count this one & Fear Revealed as one Mega-Zone. But for the sake of argument I'll review them separately.) As soon as we entered the park we watched the Drill team for a moment, & then made our way to the back for Hallow'd past, taking this path. The first encounter I have at the event (besides a Drill Team member) was this wonderful pic of me & a collector in a staring contest (I won :P).

l_74d06d4262084fcaa5a0615b09925c5d.jpg

I had planned since I heard of him being there of getting a pic with the Crypt Keeper. My brother & I watched this show when we were very young. during the intro we would pretend we were riding a ride @Universal (My family's roots go back to year one with Uni) & both scream when he pops out of the coffin. So I had to get this pic

l_c85825be8b574b298ef5d1c1975aafad.jpg

even knowing he was real, after the picture he jumps at me & still gets a slight startle (I'm easy to scare at the beginning of the night because of the excitement.)

we came back through after dark. Coming in from the FR side I accidentally got in front of a random girls picture.. she screams at me "THANKS FOR GETTING IN MY F**KING WAY!".. I turn around beside her, look at her & ask her boyfriend or whoever it was "Is this loud b**ch talking to me?.". He didn't say anything & I didn't want any trouble, so I apologized to the woman for getting in her way & for calling her a name (even thou I wouldn't have reacted the same outside of Uni, considering the girl was out of line screaming at me.) As I turned to walk away Mary Shaw was in my face.. Under the mask I hear a mans voice say "Moody little bitch, ain't she?". It was great. I snapped a quick shot with Wolfman, & I know someone on here plays him.. I don't know if you can recognize yourself in costume, but here is the pic.l_69c8983cbf244b90b9ff1a569f05adbe.jpg

a few honorable mentions go to The L,C,H guy, Wolfman, Chucky & the stilt actors.

l_f104d2c583384779b743ef75e1ae09a2.jpg

Here are a few more shots.

l_ab70aab03e70475bb2bb273433a7423a.jpg

l_4fc679343bec4f43aa5d58f710e6e38d.jpg

l_b54e500a6933439e894edfa1b041240b.jpg

l_85d56a73bd1c4a47bd4ec09ad76eaa63.jpg

l_d51476ad17704615b51450873cbe01ec.jpg

Alice Alice Alice - I am not sure which cast you are - you guys were onstage from 815ish to around 9 last night but you are incredibly awesome. You have sooo much energy and are just f***ing nuts. Running around and yelling "HA HA you got scared" makes me laugh so hard while watching you. If there is a vote I would vote you scareactor of the year as you put sooo much energy into your performance and are a delight to watch.

Agree, I would love to know when they start, i'm thinking 7:15 if im right but that seems kinda late or are they out right at 6:30?

I know that some of the scarezones start having actors in them at 7:15, but I'm pretty sure that this one opens sooner because it is near the front of the park. I haven't been since opening weekend, so I don't remember what time it was.

I do remember Hacktion being open before 6:30 last year though.

A fun scarezone. I loved how all the characters from the past 20 years fit in, and I also love how it's an extension of the Hallowd past that feels natural. Very fun, got a few good scares in there. u guys made my girl cling to me...so, thanks and PROPS!!!

OK, I didn't get a photo which would probably make this easier, but who is the guy (well I assume its a guy) or girl in like a black dress on roller skates with the creepy head with the buggy eyes? What house/scarezone are they from? They were going after me good tonight but no idea who the character is.

Scaredbenny, that would be Mary Shaw. She's awesome sauce on those heelies.

And to the pumpkinhead that was working the very last shift tonight (technically last night 10-24-10)...I made a post in the scareactor appreciation thread in full, but I'll say it again here just to ensure you read it...I'm the vaulter you "introduced" to the lady sitting on the bench with a nightmares shirt. That was the most unexpected thing that's happened to me in the park to this date, and it turned my bad night (from some morons I was hanging out with) into a great night, all within the last 10 minutes of the event that night. Kudos, and thank you.

I sat and watched this zone from a bench for about an hour last night because everything else was so crowded- it was hilarious watching some of the scares! Some people were running away so fast it looked like they were going to keep on running right out of the park. I saw Wolf Man sprinting after several people at full speed, it was fantastic. The best was when a girl came running and screaming from where the Icons were straight into tree man/pumpkin head/wolf man/mary shaw/chainsaw guy, who all sent her running and screaming back towards the icons. Seeing some of those kinds of reactions made up for most of the drunken douche bags who kept taunting the scare-actors. I saw a girl walking though on her cell phone and when chainsaw guy reved up his saw by her, she turned and gave him the nastiest look. I don't understand why some people pay to go to HHN!

Had a thought.

No Meaty Meetz?!? No Samuel Meetz?!? No Meetz Meats worker?!?

I know there are several characters from 19 already, but why not him? I don't understand. I guess it's just my opinion.

I have a question. I doubt it, but are some of the characters on set one night and not the next. It could be that they're absent, but I would assume that an ABU or Firecrew member would step in. Ex: I've always seen Wolfman, Collector, Crypt Keeper, ect., but I saw This Little Piggy and some other characters only a couple times out of the dozens of times I went through.

EDIT: After I saw Andyhhnfan's post, I noticed some other characters I never saw.

Chucky (2009) The Wolfman (2009) Tree monster (2008)

The Crypt Keeper (1995) Mary Shaw (2007) x2 Queen of Hearts (2008)

Ice Queen (2003) Assistant (2008) Chainsaw guy (2009) x2

Frankenstein (2009) Collector (2008) Alice (2008) Dead Cheerleader (1997) x2

This Little Piggy (2008) Stilt walker (2003) Cloaked Jigsaw (2009)

Zombie Soldier (2009) Mr. Crepsley (2009)

The Night Mare (2002) (2003) (2006) Dracula (2009) Bride (2006)

Pumpkin Head (2008) Scarecrow (2004) Carnage (2002) Scribes (2008) x2 Norman Bates (2006)

I found this mask at Spirit Halloween. It looks an awful lot like the Crypt Keepper. I guess A&D just put on a beret and some white hair. Just thought I'd share that with y'all!

Edited by The Director of Horror

All I can say is Alice. Everyone else here is amazing, Alex, on stilts, Justin and the other chainsaw guy and of course Robots, and the Frankenstein who whenever he saw me said "YOU'RE A NIGHTMARE RAWRR" and then smashed the fence! Alice, however, (Cast A I believe) calling out Rabbit 'Hos,singing the sidewalk song, and being hilarious in general deserves a trophy or medal or something haha

Edited by Kris

very awesome zone tonight, I took a pic of the Wolfman and Howl at him around 9 pm, Don't know who it was but awesome, Then the cheerleader girl came near me and told me that she was hiding from chucky because he cut her, that also was really awesome and funny,

Oh, Oh my god, I hope the Mary Shaw Actor is okay, I don't know who it was but Mary Shaw came at me to scare me from behind me using the roller blades, but when I turned I saw that the actor fell on the floor, I feel completely terrible, I was trying to ask if they were ok but they left, I really hope they didn't get hurt, I never saw any mary Shaw fall before, so I was really worried for the actor

can any of you help me fix this list of people on this scarezone I work on the hhn wiki so I wanted to make sure this list is right

Chucky (2009) The Wolfman (2009) Tree monster (2008)

The Crypt Keeper (1995) Mary Shaw (2007) x2 Queen of Hearts (2008)

Ice Queen (2003) Assistant (2008) Chainsaw guy (2009) x2

Frankenstein (2009) Collector (2008) Alice (2008) Dead Cheerleader (1997) x2

This Little Piggy (2008) Stilt walker (2003) Cloaked Jigsaw (2009)

Zombie Soldier (2009) Mr. Crepsley (2009)

The Night Mare (2002) (2003) (2006) Dracula (2009) Bride (2006)

Pumpkin Head (2008) Scarecrow (2004) Carnage (2002) Scribes (2008) x2 Norman Bates (2006)

I would just like to thank everybody who came through to visit us. We all worked very hard and had lots of fun. I'm happy to part of the greatest scarezone this year and it was so awesome seeing so many HNNers in the front of our zone for the picture.

Grats to my castmates for the 2010 Street of the Year.