Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate

Mark M.

The first time I walked through the house.. I hit all the resets. I didn't really see much. The second time I walked through.. I was able to play with the floor guy.. ha That was an awesome effect.. I think it was also one of my favorite parts.. aside from the guy at the beginning..(We had a nice chat about waivers) I must say.. going through it 3 times.. I definitely really enjoy this house. I think it is a house you have to go through a few times to make sure you are able to see everything. It has so many different effects.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was my most anticipated house and I came out extremely disappointed. I'm pretty sure there was a cast change, but the glowing masks were not what I was expecting when I thought of ghosts. The facade was great with all of the wires going inside but then right when I walked in the entrance, there was a girl with LT stuff on and she was TERRIBLE. I don't know if she was tired because it was later in the night, but I could barely hear what she was saying and then I had no idea what I "should be doing or looking for" while I was in the house because her "instructions" were mumbled.

Amazing house :) and that part with the floor... i had a panic attack :P Also, in a mirror behind a door, there is somebody important there... I didn't know why "that person" was there though can somebody explain it or something?

There is a double peppers ghost in the houses of various characters... they weren't there for any reason other than to spot them... and get a scare :)

Side note: our "device" from LT 2008 is finally explained by this house. Fun fact: the device actually used to be the server that ran all the ticketing systems.

This is by far my fav house this year. It was very atmosphere driven. It felt like a true haunted house. The special effects created unexpected scares, and it didn't feel like any of the other houses. There was also almost nothing hanging in your face that you had to move out of the way. This really lets you drink in the rooms and scenes because your not distracted moving things out of your face or have your view obstructed. Thanks to all who work in this house!!! It's amazing!

While the house construction itself is beautifully done, we were definitey expecting a bit more. It seems we missed every scare in the place...will definitely be a redo on future visits as I had so much hope for this being such an amazing experience.

Being a scareactor in this house, I have to say that a lot of the locations of scareactors are totally blind or mostly blind scares. I, for one, am behind a curtain that is hard to see out of unless I leave a gap. Then I risk the chance of being seen before I can get my scare in. Along with that, most of us don't have any way to see who's coming until you are right there and that doesn't always work either.

So, my point is that we are trying to scare as many and as effectively as possible but sometimes the way the spots are laid out makes it a little difficult.

I hope that I am not coming off as defensive, but I am just stating how it is where I am located.

Amazing house :) and that part with the floor... i had a panic attack :P Also, in a mirror behind a door, there is somebody important there... I didn't know why "that person" was there though can somebody explain it or something?

IS their something under the floor?

SPOILERS

This was my most anticipated house, not only because the effects were supposed to be highly sophisticated, but because the paranormal is one of my biggest fears. My first impression, wow. I loved this facade. It looked just like a real house, and there was even grass! I loved that we ended up actually walking up the steps too. I was expecting to be using the ramp up the side. As soon as I got past the first room and into the hallway though, I was a bit dissapointed.

Once again, I really want to know WHY the houses have nothing above you except for the roof of the building way up high. It made too much light and also took away a lot of the feeling of being in a real house. But aside from that, I still didn't like this house as much as I was expecting. It turns out, even though I'm afraid of the paranormal, it's not something that translates very well into a haunted house. I got one or two jumps out of actors, but more often than not I just saw them standing there waiting, instead of actually scaring people. Also, where were all these cool effects I heard about? Where was the strobe effect that was rumored? Sure, the floating ghost was kinda cool, but that was nothing more than a backlit scrim, nothing special. The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland has been doing effects with backlit scrims for over 40 years. Lasers in the finale room? So what. A moving chair? I saw that in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (plus I never saw this actor scare anyone). Don't get me wrong. I didn't hate this house. It was a great house. Just a let down, and not nearly as good as some of the others this year.

So those are my thoughts on Legendary Truth. It's a great house with amazing detail, but I really prefer the in your face, scary houses.

Edited by Jumboshrmp

I love how the ops chick on Saturday was pushing our Rumors group through faster than we could actually move. We couldn't go any faster and she was ruining the whole house because she's so stuck in her "Keep the line moving" routine that she never actually stopped to think. They should toss out the ops people; I've never once seen them do anything useful, even when they KNOW that someone is attacking scareactors. They just stand there and look shocked or confused. Or high. Yeah, probably high.

When she was telling us that if we don't keep moving the ghosts will follow us home, I think all of us had a moment where our brains shut down.

This one's my favorite house this year... out of all the houses, this one gave me the most scares, and the sets were beautiful as well. I'll admit that the masks looked a little odd, and kind of clashed with the costumes they wore (I call it the Spawning effect), but ghosts aren't really a simple thing to pull off with live actors. It could have been worse, with the ghosts looking indistinguishable from living people a la Psychoscareapy. The only real problem is that the masks glow too much, and only cover the actor's faces, not their full head.

I personally found the scareactors to be just as in-your-face as any of the other houses, though I have been through both casts, and I have to admit that I found one to be better than the other (not sure which is which). I felt that the finale was a bit weak.... kinda reminded me of Interstellar Terror. Overall though, the house is fantastic. Scare Factory's chair costume is cool to finally see in person.

I believe I have seen both casts during the 7x we have been in your house. I absolutely love it and I think all of you do a really good job. I was there last night around 950 and have to say - you did an amazing job not wanting to kill the idiot group in front of us who had a severely drunk girl with them. I know it must have been hard to not break character with that moron starting to scream, kick and try to knock you over (especially girl in the bed and statues later). Just an update - I had her and her group - flagged with the Orlando cops as soon as we left the house and I believe she was arrested and banned from Universal.

I believe I have seen both casts during the 7x we have been in your house. I absolutely love it and I think all of you do a really good job. I was there last night around 950 and have to say - you did an amazing job not wanting to kill the idiot group in front of us who had a severely drunk girl with them. I know it must have been hard to not break character with that moron starting to scream, kick and try to knock you over (especially girl in the bed and statues later). Just an update - I had her and her group - flagged with the Orlando cops as soon as we left the house and I believe she was arrested and banned from Universal.

I had to do the same thing on opening night; guy tried to punch a scareactor, then started beating the crap out of the walls. Totally lost it and screamed and cursed at him until he stopped and tried to threaten me, then told the cop. The guy was gone by the time we finished explaining, but I was able to point him out. I'm guessing they got him, since the cop was radioing someone as I was walking away.

Just got back from HHN, went through this house as my last for the night. The sets were really cool and detailed but the scares just weren't there for me. There were only 2-3 scares through the entire house for me and my gf. But gonna have to go back through it again next time I go. Also if anyone saw me in line or in the house, I was the guy with the Ash Ketchum hat and Three-keyboard-cat moon shirt. :D

Loved this house-gorgeous sets, great effects, good scares. Went through twice, and I think we may have either had bad timing, or hit cast change, as we did not see nearly as many scares or scareactors around. That being said, that chair costume is the most badass costume I've ever seen-pure genius.

Also, by far the most beautiful facade Universal has ever built-I want a house like it, and it should stay there forever, it's that lovely.

Okay, so I finally went through this house tonight and honestly, I'm sorry but it sucked. The facade is amazing, and the sets were okay, but the effects in the house seemed to me like a wannabe Disney's Haunted Mansion, but with worse effects. The masks weren't creepy or scary and really took down any fear factor that may have been there. The floor effect was empty so I don't have an opinion on how good or bad it works. The ghost maid was barely noticeable, and when noticed, it didn't look good. The hallway sets were okay, but seriously, it would be kind of hard to make a hallway with cables look bad. The costumes just looked goofy as well; There are plenty of ways to make scareactors look ghostly and what they were going for here failed. I didn't quite understand why in the living room there were white faces hidden behind the black curtains; no lights flashed, they didn't glow, they were just there. The conservatory scene, while it was ok, was too predictable for my taste, but the scareactors worked their roles well. I didn't think the exorcism room looked that great at all; it looked like a random neon painted black clothed scareactor sitting on a square blue light. I guess I enjoyed the dresser levitating, but that's it. I will say I loved the chair guy; Kudos to the costume team and the scareactor for making it work as well as it did. I barely remember the finale if there even was one. This house suffered from a good concept to a poor delivery.

By far the worst house of the event for me.

1.5/5

I still like this house but going again it makes me wonder, How come there are not any flying scareactors?

The effect that they did for Dracula with the flying brides, Such a wasted opportunity, the one thing That I thought for sure I Was going to see, I thought I was going to see floating things in this house,

I also wish that at least one scareactor was dressed in a white sheet with wholes cut off for the eyes :) kinda like when they did it in beetlejuice, it would have been really funny to see at least one actor dressed like that.

Finally got through it last night. House is alright, though it suffers from the need to be timed precisely in order to get the full effect of the house. Props to the statues, who were doing a great job, and the chair is one of the most amazing scares I have ever seen. Period. Nice to see the surprise character, too, though she is bit random. Went through it, enjoyed it, but it's not a house I'm itching to revisit. Ghost Town had better looking ghosts.