Hades: The Gates of Ruin

Mark M.

My first few runs through this house, I just wasn't feeling it, but last night, it came together beautifully! Victoria, thanks for touching all of our hands, and thanks to all for being just wonderful scareactors. I actually think that going through early in the evening, when I could still see things, and being able to walk slowly through, helped a lot. Still not my favorite of the event, but I like it a lot better than I did before.

I LOVED THIS HOUSE!!!!! great setting, great scraes, great characters. The facade was pretty neat. I liked the greek mythology theme for this house. Uni. didn't do much re-imagining I could see but that was perfectly fine in my book. A very scary house that ranks in at the #2 Spot for best houses of the night.

Best house still in my heart. But all i wish is to see Hades because the whole house is fitted around his appearance and no one never seen him yet. And were almost in our last week. Please correct me if i'm wrong if you saw Hades.

EDIT: the biggest reason this is my favorite house is because of Medusa and still has a scare factor for me as i went to every house 4-7 times

Edited by Andrew Ryan

So make a house about a familiar icon of greek mythology and not put him in?

I know :(

They didn't even need a costume, Just a guy with a beard, some really nice make up, maybe long hair and dressed like hades, That would have been enough for me. He could just be sitting in the throne leading the way to the exit, that's what makes me sad, that it didn't needed a big costume or anything, A simple idea could have worked, instead of just an empty throne

LOL after finally making it through this house yesterday I now know how I am going to die. One of those skulls from I think its the second or third room is going to come flying at me when the guest in front of me pushes it out of the way and that will be the end of scaredbenny. Seriously there is really too much stuff just hanging all over in here, I was more morried about not hanging myself with all that junk that paying attention to what was going on.

Edited by scaredbenny

This house is a great tribute to the legendary Ray Harryhausen. I love the foul smell which I have heard is supposed to be sulfur but actually smells to me at least, more like carrion. I have got lots of shout outs in this house but am especially delighted when the Cyclops shouts out "DOKKK -TORRRRR!!!!"

As for the Empty Throne it gives me a sense of deja vu to a similar empty throne 10 years ago in the year 2000. That year the house Dark Torment ended in the throne room of Hell and although there were many demons and devils in the room none seemed to be the Big Guy himself.

I had always thought that the Lord of Darkness who was featured in the Parade that year should have been sitting there.

This year I learned that was in fact the original intention! The house was to have been called Darkness and the Big Horned Guy from Legend was to have starred in it. For some reason this was changed at the eleventh hour. My guess is that they couldn't get the costume into the scene with the big horns and all - similar to what happened in Creatures in 2008 and Dracula's wings last year.

What trouble has removed the Stygian Lord from his realm this year remains anyone's guess.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy
  • Like 1

My visits have been really hit and miss (unfortunately mostly miss) on the scares in this house, so for a house I had such high hopes for (it was my top anticipated) I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. However, last night, my last run through for this year's event, everything was just spot on and the scares were everywhere. I finally got to see why so many people rate this house so high. My run through was at about 9:20 last night so much appreciation to the cast that was present then. I finally got the "wow" out of this house. Thank you.

We were very lucky with this house. Almost always consistently great run throughs on both teams. It's very rare that I don't heavily favor one team over the other, but three houses were awesome no matter which one you hit and this was one of them (the others being Catacombs and Havoc). Always an aggressive, crazy house which is just how I like it.

The closing cast did an incredible job in this house last night.

It was the most intense I have ever seen this house and one Stygian witch scared my wife 3 times in a row, just by getting incredibly close to her face haha.

I finally saw the Cerberus room fully staffed but unfortunately, the Minotaur later was just standing back in his section, chilling out.

Other than that, the house was awesome! Map props for your sicle and axe work, slicing only inches away from our faces.

We were very lucky with this house. Almost always consistently great run throughs on both teams. It's very rare that I don't heavily favor one team over the other, but three houses were awesome no matter which one you hit and this was one of them (the others being Catacombs and Havoc). Always an aggressive, crazy house which is just how I like it.

The closing cast did an incredible job in this house last night.

It was the most intense I have ever seen this house and one Stygian witch scared my wife 3 times in a row, just by getting incredibly close to her face haha.

I finally saw the Cerberus room fully staffed but unfortunately, the Minotaur later was just standing back in his section, chilling out.

Other than that, the house was awesome! Map props for your sicle and axe work, slicing only inches away from our faces.

Glad you guys enjoyed the house! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've recently realized that I missed an opportunity for interactive plush animal fun as in Cats n Combs in this house.

Imagine having had a Harry Potter Fluffy plush toy to guard the Gates of Hades with?

3853380_f260.jpg

Then there is the fact that Hades, Lord of the Underworld is also known by his Roman name: Pluto.

It would have been absolutely priceless to see this sitting on the Empty Throne:

B1261X0040.jpg

If you would have come up with that earlier, I would have gladly sabotaged the throne with a pluto doll XD. Here's to a great idea, and here's to next year having houses that can have accompanying plush animals as well. I found it as a great way to show that you are a true fan, and when I had my cat+comb with me, I found myself getting more interaction from every scareactor, no matter the house. Like vault/nightmares shirt times 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...