Zombiegeddon

Mark M.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the best places to get a zombie is neck up. I think thats what the arrow refer to. Of course you have the zombie with "Howard" who has a beanie with a target on the forehead.

Now there are other targets my costume. And its on others' too. One on each knee, the right thigh...and my personal favorite, the one most do not get the chance to see...the left butt cheek...yea thats right...I have a target on my butt. Apparently shooting a zombie in the rear will kill it too...

Well now thats just plain making a cruel game of it all! lolol. I think I got to see Cast B... I saw the switch at 8 or so I believe. Everyone was awesome!

My review, after having visited this house 3 times (2 at night, 1 with the sun)

Facade: B+

This facade is solid and well-done, just didn't "wow" me for whatever reason. The anvil trap is a great touch, and I like the Z.A.P. posters & vehicle. A new unique queue video is also greatly appreciated, especially since this and Orfanage seem to be getting the heaviest lines this year. Not much else to say about it... The effort and detail are there, I like it, it's just not the best.

Sets/Details/Costuming: A

The Disaster queue, despite its location, probably has the most easter eggs and little details of any of the houses. I loved going through this house JUST to find the little things A&D tossed in here. The demotivational posters, the political slant posters, the Z.A.P. ads, it's just fantastic and I love all of it. Bigger little fun things, like the zombie baby & the flailing arm at the garage, are also kickass. I also have to say I love how they laid out the entire house - beginning with the amusing & silly before quickly turning it into an all-out chaotic scarefest (though I'll get into more details in the scare portion of the review). The make-up and costuming for the zombies are very solid, and I love the jumpsuits & collars the "tamed" zombies wear. I know a lot of people say not to hit this house in the day time due to the light leaking in, but I enjoyed a day run simply because it meant I got to see even more detail (the non-HHN fanatics in my group noticed and enjoyed that, too).

Scares: A-

By its nature, Zombiegeddon has almost zero scares (with the exception of the zombie baby) in the first third of the house... I think to an extent this hurts it. I know they're supposed to be tamed, but I want to see the Carnival & Nursery zombies lunging (vainly) at me... something. But as soon as you hit the break room where the zombies start going insane, the house becomes terrifying. Every single room holds great adrenaline and I was getting scares from every angle. The caged room, body bags, garage, etc. are all chaotic and frightening... it builds so effectively with the alarms, strobes, loud noises, and music. My only other complaint would be that the house simply doesn't last long enough. The adrenaline gets so crazy and then the house unfortunately ends, since the first third of the house was devoted to setting up the plot. If there were more scares in this part of the house I would imagine this complaint would be nullified - or, if Zombie Gras could keep up the same adrenaline, but that's for another review.

Finale: A-

I have no problems with this finale, really, other than the fact it doesn't feel like a finale. The garage is a solid (albeit random) room and I enjoyed it big-time... the strobes are good, the adrenaline is still wickedly high, and the scare actors know what they're doing. Keep up the great work I guess, there's nothing else that could really improve this.

Potential: A

This house exceeded my expectations greatly. The sets are awesome, the plot creative & coherent, the scares great and the laughs right where they need to be. I was expecting an all-out humor house like Cleaver (which is fun, but not usually my favorite), but this found a very good blend of both humor and legitimate scares. I hope they stick to this sort of format in the future.

Overall: A- (not an average)

Great house. Solid blend of scares and humor, high adrenaline, unbelievable detail, and a plot & theme everyone can enjoy. If I see some improvements scare-wise in those first few rooms, my grade will likely be bumped up to an A (I'll re-evaluate after I take a few more trips). This one's not to be missed, folks.

Went through closing cast tonight and I gotta say, this house definitely deserves the top 3 ranking the fans have been giving it. The atmosphere kind of felt like Fido mixed with Shawn of the Dead; I found it equally funny and scary. I will say while I like the facade, I disliked it was pretty much a carbon copy of Leave it to Cleaver(a house I cared little for). I liked the intro and I kind of wanted to watch it but my friends were kind of pushin me to go on as I was the first one to enter of our group. Zombie baby didn't really scare me but I giggled. I loved that the zombies were pretty much a revisit to the Zombie Drill Team of 08. <3 The scareactors were great, they worked their rooms really well and were entertaining. I think my first scare was from the Body Bag room right before the doorway to the next room. I think my favorite room was the Carnival room though; I just like the look, the feel, the zombies, it was just a fun scary room as a whole. I didn't quite understand the cage room but maybe a scareactor was missing, because it seemed empty with just a dummy. I'll agree that the finale was too short and sudden, but I'm sure I'll definitely walk through the house again when I can.

I'll give it a 4.5/5. Again, you guys definitely deserve top 3.

P.S. I have an unhealthy love for anything zombie related so I may be biased. :P

I was tired and forgot to add my two cents in on this house: I've done 2 run-throughs, once after work last weekend, at the very end of the night, and once last night, while it was still light outside. I really like this house, for some reason, especially in daylight. Seeing Scott with the megaphone made my night; he lived up to my expectations, and that casting could not have been more perfect. We made a 2nd attempt to go through around 9-ish, but the house was closed for "technical difficulties", and I never got back to it. Don't worry, I will make at least one or two more run-throughs beforre the event ends.

This was a fun house to go through, not the most scary out of the houses, but still a good time. The story behind the house was different, kind of a Day of the Dead concept. The scareactors did a fine job, one of them actually made me jump in the garage area...good job. And what made my night was on Sunday (Oct 3rd) the first two scareactors complimented my white "Don't Use a Chainsaw to Kill a Zombie" shirt, and worked it into their character. I love it =)

This was a fun house to go through, not the most scary out of the houses, but still a good time. The story behind the house was different, kind of a Day of the Dead concept. The scareactors did a fine job, one of them actually made me jump in the garage area...good job. And what made my night was on Sunday (Oct 3rd) the first two scareactors complimented my white "Don't Use a Chainsaw to Kill a Zombie" shirt, and worked it into their character. I love it =)

Hey I'm glad your informing the public about the use of chainsaws and how they are really not that effective. Folks these things get hot as hell when you use them for extended periods of time. Also not to mention kick backs and the fact that you need gas, which might be better used in a vehicle then in a chainsaw.

For your health.

Hey I'm glad your informing the public about the use of chainsaws and how they are really not that effective. Folks these things get hot as hell when you use them for extended periods of time. Also not to mention kick backs and the fact that you need gas, which might be better used in a vehicle then in a chainsaw.

For your health.

lol yeah chainsaw might be the worst thing to have in a zombie apocalypse for those reasons, I think the best weapon to have is a spear blade or a hatchet, nothing that needs reloading or gas

I also found this interesting chart online,

Ovguy.jpg

I guess Zombiegeddon is in the Slow Smart category (you can run but you can't hide)

Edited by black7mask

After a few walk throughs that led to me being disappointed, the recent walk through actually managed to be my best experience thus far. I think my bigger disappointment though was how it went so fast into the 'everything goes wrong' bit of the house. Wish there could have been a little bit more establishments that these ZAP people were a bit too extreme with the zombies and they manage to strike back. I guess in a way, it may have needed to thrust quickly into the 'everything goes wrong' so we don't end up feeling sympathy for the zombies?

Tidbit in case you didn't know:

At the VIP meeting, they were giving a little info on the Zombiegeddon house. The car at the end was based on an idea HHN designers had for 2006 where the ZAP guys in the queue videos would appear in the park in that car, doing basically the same bit from the video. Sort of the 'Saws and Steam' speech guy.

Edited by Leonardo Van IcePickasso

ZombieGeddon ranks up there with TCM as my favorite Disaster! queue house.

Actually now that you mention it, I totally agree, Zombiegeddon is not my favorite, but it is One of the best houses there, After Texas Chainsaw of course, One of my favorite houses.

When you walk out of Zombiegeddon, you are right next to the Disaster! Ride and Zombie Gras is in the street right in front of the Disaster! Ride.

Hades is in one of the Sound Stages with PsychoScareapy. This is too far away from Disaster! to be part of its queue. ;)