Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

Mark M.

^ We did the closing set too, they were practically done with the park by the time we got through and I'm sure by this time a night, the scareactors and everyone were tired, wanting to just be done for the night so they didn't quite give it their energetic all, and I can understand that. Once you get down to your final like half hour-hour of work, you're more focused on getting the hell out of there. We got to go earlier though so we at least didn't feel so cheated. Only happened to catch Cindy at the beginning though not at the end, she was around a wall waiting that time.

This house did indeed have a very creepy feeling to it, and the scareactors were right on, but there are way too many "dead" spots, pardon the pun; just long hallways or areas with nothing-no decoration, no booholes, nothing. This make the house just meh IMHO.

I agree with they dead spots, there are a lot of them in the house,

but I still I love the house, I like it better than Zombiegeddon and Psychoscareapy, And I love some of the rooms like the halloween room, it's really nice.

but I also wish the ending was better, I love how the house feels very eerie and I also love seeing the skool kids again, But the ending really sucks, is extremely anticlimactic, I wish they had cindy burning people or real fire again, something scary, I don't know just something more extreme, and the music for this house, I dont even think they have music, maybe they should have put the song from the skool house from 08?

I agree with they dead spots, there are a lot of them in the house,

but I still I love the house, I like it better than Zombiegeddon and Psychoscareapy, And I love some of the rooms like the halloween room, it's really nice.

but I also wish the ending was better, I love how the house feels very eerie and I also love seeing the skool kids again, But the ending really sucks, is extremely anticlimactic, I wish they had cindy burning people or real fire again, something scary, I don't know just something more extreme, and the music for this house, I dont even think they have music, maybe they should have put the song from the skool house from 08?

after going through the house 7 times I can say the ending seems great if both those two kids in the last area double team and then Cindy pops out directly at you , as what happened to me the first 4 times through the house. When you walk by that last room without either of them popping out you it is extremely anticlimactic like you said.

after going through the house 7 times I can say the ending seems great if both those two kids in the last area double team and then Cindy pops out directly at you , as what happened to me the first 4 times through the house. When you walk by that last room without either of them popping out you it is extremely anticlimactic like you said.

yeah they never came out at me, they were just standing or walking, I think this house has a very scary atmosphere, the problem is the actors with the scares and the empty rooms,

If this house had some of the scares that Catacombs has It would be terrifying, there are many moments that I feel freak out in the house, the darkness and the silence is very creepy,

but I don't know maybe the house doesn't have enough actors.

This is one of my favorite houses this year. There is a terrible atmosphere of infant mortality.

Cindy's new look has been bugging me since the event began, it reminded me of something but I just couldn't put my finger on it until I started watching a very old episode of Doctor Who...

dwcast4.jpg

OMG she looks like SUSAN FOREMAN!!!!

This is one of my favorite houses this year. There is a terrible atmosphere of infant mortality.

Cindy's new look has been bugging me since the event began, it reminded me of something but I just couldn't put my finger on it until I started watching a very old episode of Doctor Who...

-------

OMG she looks like SUSAN FOREMAN!!!!

I couldn't help but think of Lydia, from Beetlejuice.

lydia.jpg

haha last time we went through this house was Sunday night. It was like the most packed line we ran into. The cool thing was when we saw Cindy in the first part, we called out 'Cindy' and it was creepy how she talked with that echoey voice. She said "so what if you know my name! That's not going to protect you from the fire!" hahaha. That final scene though, the scareactors double teamed us but Cindy wasn't prepped to scare us at the end, so we only got the double team. Would've been sweet if they got us, then Cindy right after them! Still, her hearing us and saying that definitely made that an experience worth remembering for us in the house that time :D

One of the best (if not the best) houses in the Jaws queue for me. The ashes falling outside really set the mood, and the house was SCARY. I got many scares, and the fire was awesome. I liked the scene where the kid was climbing on the rope above you. Very nice house, and the final was great. Also, whoever is screaming in the part where the kids are in the cages, you scared me my first walk through pretty kid.

It had a horrible and almost sad atmosphere.

Now that you mention it, you're right, I knew this house made me feel a little uncomfortable, but It definitely has a sad feeling to it, specially the kids in the cages, and the Halloween room, My favorite room of the house is the Halloween room, but is so creepy,

Of the houses I've gone through (and I still need to walk Havoc with a cast and Psycho), this is my favorite next to Catacombs. The atmosphere is perfect with enough unique scares from different enough directions to keep the foreboding running. I really loved nearly everything about this house. The finale, compared to a lot of other houses, is a little subtle, but extremely reminiscent of the finale of the original Screamhouse. Loved the cargo net. Love the lights accompanying the AATs when they are used. Love the masks (and how they are warped from the heat of the fire). This is the type of house that made me fall in love with HHN in the first place.

• Like 1

I have something I'm curious about. On my 3rd trip through Orfanage early in the night on Friday, one of the girls in the final room threw her hands out, and just shook her head. I was wondering if she was confused about why I came throiugh 3 times, annoyed, or was amused. I like the house, so I hope that clears that up, lol.

I LOVED the atmosphere in this house, from the flecks of ash falling down as you entered (awesome!), to the warmth and smogginess inside. It felt more dark and sad to me than scary, though the actors in this house put forth a pretty good effort. Like others have said, they could have done with a few more hiding places, and maybe a few more actors to fill in the dead spots. This wasn't one of my favorite houses, but it wasn't terrible (none of them were, really).

BTW, I had someone in a ...fox?... mask single me out twice in the crib room. I don't remember which cast, but I wondered if they were a Nightmare.

I really like the atmosphere of this house, it truly feels like you are walking through a burning building. The fire was a huge letdown for me though. It would have been awesome and I would be talking very excitedly about it right now if they didn't hype it up ahead of time as being the first time a fire effect was used inside a house.

If it had been kept as a surprise then I probably would love it.

I didn't see Cindy at all but I probably wasn't looking hard enough or saw her and didn't realize. I only went through once, and it was cast A. I plan on going through at least 3 more times on closing weekend.

They should have a creepy girl crawl out of the well while waiting in the que line. Something like The Ring movies. I remember a girl running around that area screaming that Jason is coming back in 2007 when it was Friday the 13th Camp Blood. Something along those lines would be cool...B)

This house is chilling.

I can see why the character was shelved in 2002. I don't know what her original backstory was, but, if it was anything like the one we have for this house, that would have been far too brutal. For me, I should say. I'm sure there are some who don't have the same reactions I do. Since Sunday, which was only my second trip through the house, I've been choosing to think of Cindy getting her revenge on real people who hurt children; those like James Cooey, Casey Anthony, you know the ones. I'd love to see that in a house, someday.

Mae

This house is chilling.

I can see why the character was shelved in 2002. I don't know what her original backstory was, but, if it was anything like the one we have for this house, that would have been far too brutal. For me, I should say. I'm sure there are some who don't have the same reactions I do. Since Sunday, which was only my second trip through the house, I've been choosing to think of Cindy getting her revenge on real people who hurt children; those like James Cooey, Casey Anthony, you know the ones. I'd love to see that in a house, someday.

Mae

The original "Cindy" house was actually the original Screamhouse. The journey through the house and into the adjacent cemetery and the tunnels underneath were actually the path Cindy took to escape from the villagers when they came to burn down the (originally known as) Bearer residence. Cindy survived in the original story, that's why all these changes to the Cindy canon bugs me so much. Orfanage would work a lot better as a continuation of the Caine story, rather than as a prequel.

Another house that fell victim to the curse of the Jaws Queue. I didn't feel it was very well-themed or scary enough to satisfy me. Cindy only appeared once near the beginning of the house and I felt that she should have at least gotten another scene at the end. I also thought they could have done more with the open flame effect. This one ranks in at #8. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

Another house that fell victim to the curse of the Jaws Queue. I didn't feel it was very well-themed or scary enough to satisfy me. Cindy only appeared once near the beginning of the house and I felt that she should have at least gotten another scene at the end. I also thought they could have done more with the open flame effect. This one ranks in at #8. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

Isn't Cindy at the very end of the house? I remembering see her twice...

And what would you have liked them to do more with the flame effect? just curious.