Catacombs: Black Death Rising

Mark M.

60387_446437468232_126469058232_5230467_8041712_n.jpg.6187bef8e00557fb0f16731db349587e.jpg

During a plague of Paris and Marseilles in 1534, thousands died due to an undisclosed viral outbreak. A group of doctors took it upon themselves to quarantine the most infected citizens of the city. They had no way of knowing that the townspeople would betray them, sealing them into their doom. They have been unable to escape for almost five hundred years. Now that the dead inside have found a way out, they are rising to take their centuries old vengeance on any living being that dares to enter the Catacombs.

I can say from seeing them and working on them personally that the costumes for this house are simply amazing! Whether or not everyone will appreciate (or be able to see) the details I don't know. But take the opportunity to really look at the scare actors costumes, they are fantastic! ;)

From what I've heard, the actual entrance is a bit disappointing and cheap. Hopefully, it'll get a proper facade.

What kind of facade would be proper? I mean, a catacomb is underground. Wouldn't it be a cave-like opening? Some of the pictures I've seen from Edinburgh are like sewer entrances and the Paris catacombs have access points that were beneath buildings. Definitely NOT grandiose!

Mae

Edited by Mae

This was my first house of the year, and I gotta say that it was pretty impressive. I wasn't looking forward to it at all at first, but it's definitely not a bad house. I personally loved it and think it's going to grow stronger once the actors get used to their roles. I was one of the first few people who walked in and I pretty much screamed in every room...you got me good. Good job to everyone who worked it :)

I'm looking forward to this one because I've been to the Paris catacombs, on which this is based. It's true that catacombs entrance is non-descript; I believe it was just a little booth or store, where you purchased a ticket and walked down a long spiral staircase down into the catacombs. And don't forget, the Chucky facade was, IMHO, one of the worst ever done.

excellent house, Amazing sets, they were so well done, Great costumes I loved the play doctors and the infected, very good house, great atmosphere, Really great concept, this house is based on some real facts, sometimes the house felt like a Museum, I loved it because it really felt like you were entering catacombs or a museum, the facade was really nice for me, I liked it looked real.

But

This house suffers from the same thing that Creatures suffered from, Too Much Light!!!, I swear it was incredible the amount of lights this house had, for being a catacomb, this house was the most lit house of the event, for me, I could see where the actors were from way back, If this house had no lights or barely any lights it would be in the top three houses.

This house suffers from the same thing that Creatures suffered from, Too Much Light!!!, I swear it was incredible the amount of lights this house had, for being a catacomb, this house was the most lit house of the event, for me, I could see where the actors were from way back, If this house had no lights or barely any lights it would be in the top three houses.

I'm curious about what time you went through the house, because once it's dark outside we can barely see as Scaractors in the house.

I haven't had time to write out my opening weekend review quite yet but I just want to say this house blew my expectations out of the water. I really loved it. The scareactors in here got me good, several times, and I just wish I had paid more attention to set times so I could applaud some of the cast here specifically. I plan to do a better job of that next time.

I'm curious about what time you went through the house, because once it's dark outside we can barely see as Scaractors in the house.

^ I'm curious as well. Sure, while the sun is still up it will be bright because the house is in a tent (which could easily be fixed if they really wanted to) but once it gets dark out, the house has very little of it's own lighting.

Oh sorry, I went around 7-7:30 I think, I don't know when you enter the house there are all these light bulbs on the roof, So that kinda ruined a little, but then inside it seemed bright to me, I kinda expected this house to be like Dead Exposure, very dark and maybe like a "cave" type of feeling but It felt to me just like Creatures, I could see where the actors were hiding and everything.

but It is a great house and I love the settings,

BEST HOUSE HANDS DOWN.

Sorry for the caps, but holy shit.

I went through this house eight times, between Fri and Sat, and wow. Plague doctors are amazing. (Plague victims are amazing too) This is a tight house. Very claustrophobic feeling while going through it, and it just delivered. Every. Time. Constant scares and great energy. Major shout outs to the Plague Doctors that are all very tight in one specific hallway. I believe there's three of you right in there.

Amazing scares.

Another major shout out to the plague-er's at the entrance, and at the exit. The exit scene is just amazing. It's one of those scenes that makes you want to drop what you're holding and run. There's a certain air effect that literally wrapped one of the white curtains into my face and almost suffocated me, I unwrapped myself from it and got a major scare from the plague-er in that last corner before the exit. Pretty sure it was cast A. You my friend, are brutal.

Keep up the good work guys, you can EASILY win HOTY. Just watch out for Hades, they're vicious.

Great house! The plague doctors were really cool, although a bit repetitive. I don't scare easily and still got scared several times in here. Too bad it wasn't possible to do this house in the Dragon Challenge queue, would have been perfect.

Edited by pg1287

This house gets an A+++++ for the atmosphere. My cousin, fresh out of PA school, kept pointing out all the bones all the way through haha.

I didnt get as scared in this house as compared with the others from my night but I had the chills the whole way through. Definitely creepy.

This house gets an A+++++ for the atmosphere. My cousin, fresh out of PA school, kept pointing out all the bones all the way through haha.

I didnt get as scared in this house as compared with the others from my night but I had the chills the whole way through. Definitely creepy.

We'll take it. We would rather be 'creepy' than 'cool.'

BEST HOUSE HANDS DOWN.

Sorry for the caps, but holy shit.

I went through this house eight times, between Fri and Sat, and wow. Plague doctors are amazing. (Plague victims are amazing too) This is a tight house. Very claustrophobic feeling while going through it, and it just delivered. Every. Time. Constant scares and great energy. Major shout outs to the Plague Doctors that are all very tight in one specific hallway. I believe there's three of you right in there.

Amazing scares.

Another major shout out to the plague-er's at the entrance, and at the exit. The exit scene is just amazing. It's one of those scenes that makes you want to drop what you're holding and run. There's a certain air effect that literally wrapped one of the white curtains into my face and almost suffocated me, I unwrapped myself from it and got a major scare from the plague-er in that last corner before the exit. Pretty sure it was cast A. You my friend, are brutal.

Keep up the good work guys, you can EASILY win HOTY. Just watch out for Hades, they're vicious.

:blush:

Wow. Seriously, thank you! :D

This house is definitely an amazing house. I could not see a thing, and those damn plague doctors came out of everywhere. I went through the house 3 times, and not once did it disappoint. As soon as I walk in this house I get a weird feeling inside.. yeah.. definitely one of the scariest houses I've been in at HHN.

Checked out Catacombs Friday night after sunset. Very claustrophobic and it smells just like a catacomb, or what I'd imagine a catacomb would smell like (dry & dusty). I didn't mind the facade since it reminded me of an excavation site. The maze is long and twisty and the plague doctors jump out and try to grab you at every crook and cranny. And the plague doctors... something about them creeps me out. Maybe because I couldn't see their eyes or maybe because they were sick and coughing incessantly, who knows. Not too much in the technology department but it's scary. Great atmosphere, good scares, and ever-present feeling of "wanting to get the hell out of there". A

• Mark M. changed the title to Catacombs: Black Death Rising