Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

Not sure if it’s true or not, but since Michael Myers did not appear in Halloween 3 and it was originally intended to be an anthology like John Carpenter wanted, it might cause some complaints from guests unless Orlando’s creative team makes a new story set in the world of the series’ third installment that features him who could be included with the license. 

Orlando loves to make pseudo-material of original workarounds while messing with the toolboxes of the franchise like they did with Alien Vs. Predator in 24 and Freddy Vs. Jason in 25. Both of those houses were used for a more newer experience rather than most of their underlying films when the characters and environments were used. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

I sadly don’t think we’ll ever get Scream in some form for a very long time, since the Weinstein Company were assholes to Universal and It also seems like no one wants to associate with it cause of the sexual abuse cases related to one of the company’s founders, making it the last nail in the coffin imo.

• Sad 1

Some thoughts on the updated speculation map. 

I’m looking forward to see Jack’s Carnage show come back if the rumor is true, since up to two shows are acceptable enough for a Halloween event at a theme park imo. But if we’re getting an icon this year, I want it to be Fear again, since we’re getting an anniversary house with Icons Captured that is also rumored. I’ve been hearing it’s been already built last year before HHN was postponed for obvious reasons, and the facade of the house is his lantern.

Two of the scarezones sounds like music based themes related to Iron Maiden, Metallica and maybe metal in general, but I’m expecting a more original concept and some love for one of the scrapped icons.  

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

A Metallica house was rumored for HHN at Hollywood. I’m starting to picture Seek & Destroy as an original concept inspired by the Thrash Metal scenes in Bay Area and New York City. There are a good chunk of bands that would make awesome references other than Metallica. Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Overkill, Exodus, Testament, I could go on mentioning more cause it’s probably my most favorite sub-genre in metal. I wanna see some thrashers to start a havoc with rebellion as their way to scare the guests. 

3 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

A Metallica house was rumored for HHN at Hollywood. I’m starting to picture Seek & Destroy as an original concept inspired by the Thrash Metal scenes in Bay Area and New York City. There are a good chunk of bands that would make awesome references other than Metallica. Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Overkill, Exodus, Testament, I could go on mentioning more cause it’s probably my most favorite sub-genre in metal. I wanna see some thrashers to start a havoc with rebellion as their way to scare the guests. 

100% with ya!

• Like 1

I’m thinking the next HHN-related announcement will be another IP house. Been watching the newest Universal Hollywood construction video from a channel called TLEV Media. The cat is out of the bag, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming back to both of the Studios parks. There’s a sign that says “Soda pop” and below it says “we slaughter barbecue.” That’s the name of the gas station. 

In the movie, it had a Coca-Cola logo but it was switched to avoid copyright infringement. In the meantime, I’ll patiently wait for the official announcement. It’ll take a few days or a week to pop up. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Why are the rights of Friday of the 13th a mess right now? It’s one of those horror IP’s owned by Warner Bros (New Line Cinema is part of the company’s film division) along with Nightmare On Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, and The Shining. Universal does have a good relationship with WB in theme parks, especially with Harry Potter. 

Edited by Fear2010

After reading the articles about the Friday the 13th lawsuits, I’ll thrown in my thoughts on this. Sean Cunningham is desperately on a need to win and own something. The guy will turn eighty at the very tail-end of this year, and does he really wanna spend his entire life in a legal battle? If he gets it, then what does he plan on doing? All I see is another argument over money and ownership.

Edited by Fear2010

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic