Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

Just gave a good look at the updated speculation map. Now it’s been rumored the “mystery” Shrek theater is an original concept rather than an IP, teasing it with a Legendary Truth logo. Does that mean is it now finalized with a wild card? That’s my biggest question. The Carnage show is rumored to be a Magic-type show. If that’s the case, then I’m looking forward to see Jack and Chance doing an escape-related trick from Shadybrook Asylum with their straitjackets on to kick off the show. 

• Love 1

The original TCM is on Tubi, and it’s free to watch. Recently, I was watching it again while wondering what they could be possibly doing with the material for the house. Since it’s newest location is in one of the soundstage buildings, I’m hoping for a good forest section. That to me is one of the most terrifying and iconic parts of the movie. I’ll watch the remake later on HBO Max to see what inspirations they could possibly take from it to reimagine them into an original vibe for the house.

Edited by Fear2010

Here’s what I’m thinking about with the original concept that is rumored: Since this site is teasing us with the Legendary Truth element on the speculation map, I’m expecting it to come back as a house not only in name like in 2010, but with a new concept and a new investigation rather than revisiting the previous cases. 

Another possibility is an LT investigation of Mary Agana’s victims as a compilation-type of house where you follow one of the investigators as he/she tries to track Mary by looking at her victims. The houses based on 08 were based on fears and phobias, and it would be interesting to see if each scene in the house was the same, but with a different victim and phobia brought, adding some nice extra touches with the five heralds of Fear as references to the minion icons (Choas, death, sacrifice, legends, and vengeance).

On 7/17/2021 at 11:21 PM, Fear2010 said:

Here’s what I’m thinking about with the original concept that is rumored: Since this site is teasing us with the Legendary Truth element on the speculation map, I’m expecting it to come back as a house not only in name like in 2010, but with a new concept and a new investigation rather than revisiting the previous cases. 

Another possibility is an LT investigation of Mary Agana’s victims as a compilation-type of house where you follow one of the investigators as he/she tries to track Mary by looking at her victims. The houses based on 08 were based on fears and phobias, and it would be interesting to see if each scene in the house was the same, but with a different victim and phobia brought, adding some nice extra touches with the five heralds of Fear as references to the minion icons (Choas, death, sacrifice, legends, and vengeance).

You basically described the 2008 house “Reflections of Fear” lol

My first theory? Not really, but it’s still possible they could REVISIT a previous investigation with some changes and more additions to offer another experience concept wise. Right now, I don’t think it’s a stretch to see Bloody Mary back at the event, and it could be the reason why Orlando decided to not have another IP for this year, so they could acquire the so-called theme park “rights” of the character. 

What if we’re getting a sequel to the Reflections of Fear house under the LT name but better cause it won’t be located at the now gone Jaws queue. 

Edited by Fear2010

34 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

My first theory? 

No, I was talking about your Bloody Mary theory. That was the exact concept of her house that year. Great house IMO, but I remember it was pretty low on most of the fans lists

HHN YouTube’s hint of the week. 

“In space I can hear you scream.”

Everbody on the comment section thinks it’s Alien but it’ll never happen, and it’s way too soon to bring back Killer Klowns, unless it’s an Hollywood exclusive. 

Version 4 of the Orlando spec map is out and not much is different other than Crypt TV being on the scarezone part instead of Shudder. If this is 100%, super excited as I love Crypt TV’s work and have wanted it at the event so badly 

• Like 1

And it also looks like we could be getting three shows. If they’re gonna give more love for the Queen, then Terra Cruentus have the best potential to win big as Scarezone of the year imo. I’ve already seen photos scarezone constructions of HHN 30th which could get a similar vibe to 20 and Seek & Destroy is starting to look like a Cyberpunk theme. 

• Like 1

CryptTV did a scarezone for a night at Knotts Scary Farm, so it makes sense to do it for them at HHN as well. There are some monsters like the Look-See, the Mordeo, and Miss Annity who may not be the scariest characters, but creepy-looking nonetheless that are perfect for the event. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one starting to get worried that the event might get cancelled again this year?
A) The new COVID strain is spreading.
B) The Horror Nights Twitter page hasn't posted anything in over a week (Their last post was simply "100," almost certainly a reference to the fact that, when that post was made, there were 100 days left until Halloween). That seems to be a bit of a bad omen.
I hope I'm just being paranoid.

• Like 2

I had some mixed thoughts about it. I don’t think it’ll get canceled cause the values and politics are different in Florida compared to California (which is a big problem for Hollywood), making it as a “break zone” for outsiders during the ongoing pandemic. If you never been vaccinated and/or never had the coronavirus before, you’re more likely to get it around this time. But on the other hand, the COVID-19 guidelines and restraints are more optional over there in business, so the recently signed bills still don’t mean that much for private companies, especially Universal and Disney. I kinda been wondering how the state’s “No vaccine requirement” law had impacted the parks so far. More than half of the US population already slipped their sleeves up for one shot or two. 

• Like 1

All this talk about the pandemic still makes me think of the plague doctor from Catacombs who would be around the 30th Anniversary Zone during the event while shouting “Bring out your dead” to scare the guests cause it made a revival as a meme when the outbreak started, but Orlando’s creative team won’t make that happen.

Edited by Fear2010

On 7/31/2021 at 1:41 PM, Sinfear said:

I definitely understand the concerns. I don’t think it will be cancelled, maybe at the worst the plexiglass returns and maybe masks in the houses. 

Unfortunately, I think masks indoors and plexiglass scares are inevitable. And I agree, I don't think the event will be cancelled. In fact, I'm 100% certain the event won't be cancelled. However, I could see major issues with running the event because of a lack of healthy, unvaccinated employees, come the second week through the end of HHN (in the event of a hypothetical spread of the virus opening weekend amongst Universal workers). The major thing is keeping the scareactors and other Universal team members safe/able to work.

Let's take a trip a few miles down I-4 to Disney, where they're pushing a requirement to be vaccinated in order to obtain a job/continue working for the company, or they won't be hired/will be terminated. Another massive corporation, Walmart, is doing the same. Why is that? It's, of course, to keep their workers safe, but, ultimately, it's to make sure they don't get sick and that they keep coming into work, which, in turn, helps them avoid any potential shutdowns and to continue making dough. 

Universal hasn't taken this step yet, but I can see them making it a requirement at some point, because of the insane amount of cases in the state and overflow of patients in the hospitals. You have to imagine some of Universal's unvaccinated team members are a part of these statistics due to the amount of exposure they undergo at the parks (if anyone has any internal information on this, I'd love to know). I'm mentioning unvaccinated people again because the ones who are vaccinated aren't the ones getting sick.

An effective way to continue with the event and avoid staff shortages/people being out sick after opening weekend, even though it will suck and limit the potential of the event and scareactors, would be to re-enforce guests to wear masks in all indoor locations and have a plexiglass divider between the scareactor and the guest. As someone who is vaccinated, no part of me wants that to be the case. But, the success of the event is more important to me than having to wear my mask in indoor settings. Also, I didn't attend HHN Lite last year, but I'm sure scares are still pretty effective behind plexiglass. 

Universal makes it entirely clear that they can't guarantee you won't get sick at the parks, and you accept the risk yourself by coming. They want to continue operating their business and make as much money as possible, so I don't think there's a chance they hold back on executing their most profitable event of the year. Since people are willing to attend, despite the risks, they may not do anything at all and keep the event maskless and at 100% capacity. But, the photos that are being posted of scarezone construction suggests there are going to be a lot of platforms this year, which I expect means not many scareactors, if any, will be getting up in guests faces in the streets.

I'm not sure if there is an overall point I am trying to make in my essay above lol but tomorrow we will be one month away from opening night, and I am confident Universal will put on an incredible event, despite any limitations they have to implement to keep their employees safe. 

• Thanks 1

Some may not agree with me on this. I know it’s likely to get the coronavirus again (which is rare), but I wouldn’t mind having cast members and scareactors at the event who already had it, whether if they’re vaccinated or not - it all depends on their age and health conditions. 

Who commonly gets it twice? That’s my biggest question. 

Edited by Fear2010

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic