Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

20 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im all for new Exorcist stuff.... but a re-make of that film???? Man I see no way that it comes close. That film is perfect. The house was great too. But more horror is never a bad thing I guess.

Blum doesn’t want to do a remake of the movie that came in out 73 (Thank God for that!); just a new sequel to it while ignoring all the other installments of the series - It’s a very similar treatment the Halloween franchise is having right now. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Welp, that’s three houses confirmed for this year’s HHN; Puppet Theater, Beetlejuice, and Haunting of Hill House. Though, I’ve expected to be TCM, but I knew it was another IP house as a joint announcement for both Orlando and Hollywood cause that usually comes first. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That may sound unlikely, but would make a lot of sense to have the Usher and the Director upfront of a “Double Feature” themed house facade while welcoming the guests as a duo. I actually wouldn’t mind if All Nite Die-In or Sliver Screams to come back this year with scenes from Halloween, Creepshow, and previous movie houses that are more recent from 22 through 29, which Universal have the theme park rights with no to little problems. After all, this will be the event’s 30th year. 

• Like 2

Another cat is out of the bag! A “Welcome To Carey, Ohio” sign was recently installed today behind the MIB tent as part of the facade. It looks like a vintage billboard. 

Not officially confirmed yet, but (S)Carey: Horror In The Heartland is to me. Saw it on Haunt Vault Discord. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Love 1

@Sinfear The rest of the facade better be a welcome center. I could totally picture the first room to be what you usually see inside with some posters, brochures, and props from previous houses and scarezones related to Carey.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

Right now, Halloween looks more possible to me than Creepshow, since Beetlejuice is now rumored to be an Orlando exclusive. Hollywood is supposed to have four joint houses, but now we’re hearing it has been reduced to three over there. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Another cat is out of the bag! A “Welcome To Carey, Ohio” was recently installed today behind the MIB tent as part of the facade. It looks like a vintage billboard. 

Not officially confirmed yet, but (S)Carey: Horror In The Heartland is to me. Saw it on Haunt Vault Discord. 

That facade is giving me Leave it to Cleaver vibes 

• Like 2

Yeah, the way how the facade is designed is very 50’s/Early 60’s-looking. The construction is so visible like it’s the Diagon Alley situation where they have to make the next official announcement all over again. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fear2010 said:

Yeah, the way how the facade is designed is very 50’s/Early 60’s-looking. The construction is so visible like it’s the Diagon Alley situation where they have to make the next official announcement all over again. 

I enjoy that aesthetic. When Leave It To Cleaver was announced, it was I think my number 1 for hype, but did slightly disappoint. But I’m very hopeful for this one 

• Like 1

If the Shrek Theater turned out to be a movie-themed compilation house (which is my wild card) like All-Nite Die In or Sliver Screams, then I’m hoping these movies will get at least one room or two each. It just all depends how much they could handle the licensing financially and how much space do they have to build up. 

Halloween Kills: With the newest installment coming out this year, you only need a preview of it rather than entirely to prevent spoiling. 

Creepshow: Bring on the cockroaches! 

The Exorcist: It’s now rumored to come back at Hollywood, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Orlando brings it back as well, but on a smaller scale with two rooms; one without the priests and Pazuzu out of his victim and one with them.

The Shining: I’m going with the Jack-related rooms with “Here’s Johnny” and the hotel hallway. 

American Werewolf In London: One of the best movie houses I had ever walked through, and it’s good enough to bring it back again for just one scene in my opinion. If I have to choose which one, then I’m going with the Subway room. 

Nightmare On Elm Street: As sad it is for me to hear about Friday the 13th not coming back anytime soon simply because how much of a train wreck the rights are now, but this would make up as an alternative by simply bringing back the iconic boiling room with Freddy.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

TCM just announced!  I dig it! I know people will complain about having 5 years ago... but cmon its Leatherface!

Now how about those ROF tickets??????

Yeah we have had a few times so I’m like bleh, but at least it is based on the original 

6 hours ago, Sinfear said:

I’m super excited for this Texas Chainsaw house. Also excited for the Bride of Frankenstein as I didn’t go to HHN lite last year. This lineup is solid so far. 

Bride was the lessor of the 2 originals for the lite event, maybe it was just the cast. But I much preferred Tooth

6 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

A doubled house announcement? Sweet! 
I’m glad TCM is coming back cause that’s my most anticipated IP house, and it looks like it’ll be more based on the original that came out in 74 than the remake. 

That’s the only thing I’m glad to see, that it’s based on the original and not any of the remakes 

I do have optimistic feelings about TCM, and it does have good potential to be the best house based on the franchise cause it’s at one of the soundstage buildings unlike it’s last two locations, allowing more space of movements and scenes. The only downside about it is it may rely on lucky timing for a great run through, but I still think it’s likely to blow us away with more additions and Improvements. I wonder what the facade is at Orlando’s, Leatherface’s house or the gas station? 

Edited by Fear2010

I'm so excited about both announcements, i think TCM was a great house at 26 and i wasn't able to experience Brides or Tooth last year because of travel restrictions so at this point Universal could give me anything and i'd be over the moon. What does everyone think about all the preview merch?

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic