Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

I went thru  both houses.   Surprise, I am a team member.   
  I went into Tooth fairy 1st cause the whole no physical line is a lie. 
 I waited like 25 mins in line that could wrapped around to ss 25.  
  This is odd way of having hhn. 
  The ops give you glow sticks and hand sanitize before you go into the house. The glow stick wasn't for a secret rave. It's for the scare actors to target you better. 
 They try to pulse the line, but actually have to tell you to stay in certain rooms.  As holding, for safety.  
 I like this but I also hate it because the scares are  space out but sometimes the actors are taking a breathe.  

Tooth fairy is glory and cool.  the masks are creepy. 

Bride is a mess. but a fun house.  both are  long and detail houses, but with the lack of actors or maybe the safe barriers are lit up like a spot light. I would suggest to re light the mazes. 

I very interested in that new haunt down the street done by former creative directors Patrick and Kim.   I  am very interested in see that nice contest for halloween. 

So just imagine if they put a new parade building  house into the mix, that would be long.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monday the standby line for Bride went along the edge of the Plaza of the Stars straight into the sound stage. Zero stopping or waiting to get in. For Fairy it went from the Tribute Store, around the corner and straight in to the stage. 10 minute wait for express pass holders to filter in. As far as I can tell express is only for premiere pass holders. The HHN hype is dead for the general park guests. I saw people come to the line and turn around the second they heard it wasn't a house. I saw one group of people walk all the way to the end of the line, look in the house, and turn around to leave. Didn't even want to try it. Even the Tribute Store was dead and empty most of the day. The Skeleton Bar had ZERO people in it. 

Edit: This was 2-5pm Monday on a holiday weekend. 

The lighting and cast improvements for the houses are outstanding and with the pulsing these are the best HHN houses I've never experienced. I'm really afraid this is going to put the brakes on further HHN events, but I am wildly speculating here. 

Edited by ultimateforce

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see how they handle the numbering.

My guess is they will start referring to the event by the calendar year for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure they will still have the anniversary house  that has already been built, but will probably call it a "best of" or tribute house.

And that's OK with me.  This year has been a gut punch to the industry, and they can do what they need to.

Gonna play Debbie Downer again, but I'd say there's a 30% chance this time next year looks like it does now - with mass gatherings still verboten.

The world seems to be entering a second wave, and the US has lagged the world by a month or two. 

We might not have a real HHN again until 2022.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, zombieman said:

It will be interesting to see how they handle the numbering.

My guess is they will start referring to the event by the calendar year for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure they will still have the anniversary house  that has already been built, but will probably call it a "best of" or tribute house.

And that's OK with me.  This year has been a gut punch to the industry, and they can do what they need to.

Gonna play Debbie Downer again, but I'd say there's a 30% chance this time next year looks like it does now - with mass gatherings still verboten.

The world seems to be entering a second wave, and the US has lagged the world by a month or two. 

We might not have a real HHN again until 2022.

I think by next summer we're going to pretty much have to start moving back to normal. Maybe not completely but closer than now. Put it this way if your wonderful governor forces the parks to still be closed by this time next year it might very well be curtains for CA's parks.

EDIT: I should add that it is even more absurd that he refuses to trust the FDA approval of a vaccine, which is naturally going to take even LONGER for the parks to reopen. Unreal.

Looking at Spanish Flu, 1919 was seemingly far less severe than 1918. And the second (worldwide) wave seems to be less deadly here, while with Spanish Flu the second wave (which peaked in October) was vastly deadlier than the first. So hope I guess?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

16 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I think by next summer we're going to pretty much have to start moving back to normal. Maybe not completely but closer than now. Put it this way if your wonderful governor forces the parks to still be closed by this time next year it might very well be curtains for CA's parks.

Looking at Spanish Flu, 1919 was seemingly far less severe than 1918. And the second (worldwide) wave seems to be less deadly here, while with Spanish Flu the second wave (which peaked in October) was vastly deadlier than the first. So hope I guess?

I hope you are right....

14 hours ago, zombieman said:

I'm thinking we have 100% certainty in 4 of the houses.

Unless they switch them out at the last second for Scream and The Conjuring. :D

Scream and The Conjuring confirmed? Lol

Seriously though, yesterday I found out the Beetlejuice house opened on Halloween. That was the rumored house I was most looking forward to since I love them movie and character so much. I'm really hoping they bring it back so that I don't completely miss out on it.

On 11/3/2020 at 2:38 AM, kablue said:

Scream and The Conjuring confirmed? Lol

Seriously though, yesterday I found out the Beetlejuice house opened on Halloween. That was the rumored house I was most looking forward to since I love them movie and character so much. I'm really hoping they bring it back so that I don't completely miss out on it.

Unless there is a contractual stipulation for any of the IP, I have no doubt these will be back next year.  No way will Universal blow money on a teardown and rebuild just to keep things fresh, nor would I want them to.  At this point I don't care if they present these same houses for 2021 and 2022 if it would help them recover from the shutdowns.  

I wonder more than a little bit if there was a contractual obligation that required them to present Beetlejuice in some way at the event, and the one day house was a way to fulfill it.  But the better part of me believes they did it out of appreciation for the fans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zombieman said:

Unless there is a contractual stipulation for any of the IP, I have no doubt these will be back next year.  No way will Universal blow money on a teardown and rebuild just to keep things fresh, nor would I want them to.  At this point I don't care if they present these same houses for 2021 and 2022 if it would help them recover from the shutdowns.  

I wonder more than a little bit if there was a contractual obligation that required them to present Beetlejuice in some way at the event, and the one day house was a way to fulfill it.  But the better part of me believes they did it out of appreciation for the fans.

After I posted on here yesterday I heard in a video that there was a stipulation in the contract for Beetlejuice. It had to be open at least two days this year for them to be able to use it next year. That's why it was open Halloween and Nov. 1st. I don't remember if it was the same video or a different one, but I also heard all the houses are built, they aren't going to take any down, and they are making next year their anniversary year like this year was intended to be. I heard all of that from videos on youtube, I don't have any inside information, so put as much trust in it as you want to.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic