Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

10 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

As someone who has to deal with planes, hotels, buses, etc to enjoy the event.... I opted out this year. Be my first time missing in 13 years.

I don't know how many of you are from New York. I'm from Buffalo which is the literal complete opposite side of the state from NYC where all hell broke lose. But thanks to NYC being part of new York we're essentially being punished the same with travel bans into about 22 states obviously including Florida. Not to mention Florida governor placed the ban on the "New York state tri state area" Which includes NYC, NJ & Connecticut. We here in Buff still get lumped into the same orders that prevents us from even coming into Florida without quarantining. So Literally between both orders I would have the quarantine for 4 weeks!.

I still have my flights booked and cabana bay booked. Have yet to cancel but how in the friggin hell would we ever be allowed to come down. With not knowing when or even if those orders would be lifted this year, let alone in September and October. It's a really hard pill to swallow feeling imprisoned in your own state. When literally its like the rest of the country isn't damn near as strict as NY is.

13 hours ago, danny_p said:

I don't know how many of you are from New York. I'm from Buffalo which is the literal complete opposite side of the state from NYC where all hell broke lose. But thanks to NYC being part of new York we're essentially being punished the same with travel bans into about 22 states obviously including Florida. Not to mention Florida governor placed the ban on the "New York state tri state area" Which includes NYC, NJ & Connecticut. We here in Buff still get lumped into the same orders that prevents us from even coming into Florida without quarantining. So Literally between both orders I would have the quarantine for 4 weeks!.

I still have my flights booked and cabana bay booked. Have yet to cancel but how in the friggin hell would we ever be allowed to come down. With not knowing when or even if those orders would be lifted this year, let alone in September and October. It's a really hard pill to swallow feeling imprisoned in your own state. When literally its like the rest of the country isn't damn near as strict as NY is.

Maybe drive?  Not sure how all this works.  That is insanity though.  I am lucky that I'm coming from Chicago.  We never had huge spikes here.. and we are in Phase 4.   My heart just hurts that all this happened.. I feel bad for all the people affected, and I'm absolutely shattered that the BIG ANNIVERSARY  YEAR will suffer for this.. no matter what.

18 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

If what I’m hearing is true the Billie house could be really incredible

I have a feeling this could be a surprise hit. Her music and music videos are twisted just enough and have lyrics that can be turned into something special. I view this house almost as if its another original concept house. Art and Design using their creative minds to get ideas and inspiration for creatures and sets.  Even a video like "When the Party's Over" (the only song from her I don't mind) could easily be turned into a room with actors bleeding from their eyes. 

I feel like Thursday will be the big reveal. Wednesday the ticket sale ends. Thursday we get all the tickets, info about express, most houses, all scarezones and shows. By the end of the week, the HHN store opens up. Work on the inside is rumored to have been going on since the parks reopened. Outside construction popped up on Saturday. They can't afford to hold things back anymore. People need info and time to decide if they want to come down to the event. Opening up the HHN store allows money to start coming in sooner and from day guests that might not be returning for the event. 

Edited by Badge

Some potential bad news regarding HHN Hollywood.  

To date, only four houses had been visibly under construction (2 tents on backlot, Waterworld queue, and Mummy overflow).

Drone footage last week showed backlot houses that included facades (unable to tell what themes these were supposed to have been for).

Drone footage a few days ago showed facades removed from those houses and packed into portable storage.  It appears (to me at least) that interior of one of the houses is also being dismantled.

Drone Footage yesterday shows the storage container empty again.  Assuming facade was hauled to storage.

The facades were in the plywood stage and not painted.  Not an insignificant amount of work being undone.

Mummy facade still up (and it looks 100% to be a facade for TCM)

Whether this indicates the event is being scrubbed is not clear, but considering no parks in California have any plans to open even in August, I personally feel HHN Hollywood has a slim to zero chance of happening.  Unlike HHN Orlando, where HHN could theoretically happen any time of year and not impact day to day operation, a good deal of HHN Hollywood takes place in the backlot, which is scheduled for production throughout the year.  So it's not as if Hollywood can keep backlot houses up for a mid-year HHN run.  Same goes for Parisian courtyard house (what has not started construction).

In other CA haunts, Queen Mary Dark Harbor has been officially scrubbed.

No word on Knott's Haunt yet, but drone footage shows construction has not progressed in the slightest.  Although most of their mazes are in permanent structures, no facades are up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Some potential bad news regarding HHN Hollywood.  

To date, only four houses had been visibly under construction (2 tents on backlot, Waterworld queue, and Mummy overflow).

Drone footage last week showed backlot houses that included facades.

Drone footage a few days ago showed facades removed from those houses and packed into portable storage.  It appears (to me at least) that interior of one of the houses is also being dismantled.

The facades were in the plywood stage and not painted.  Not an insignificant amount of work being undone.

Whether this indicates the event is being scrubbed is not clear, but considering no parks in California have any plans to open even in August, I personally feel HHN Hollywood has a slim to zero chance of happening.  Unlike HHN Orlando, where HHN could theoretically happen any time of year and not impact day to day operation, a good deal of HHN Hollywood takes place in the backlot, which is scheduled for production throughout the year.  So it's not as if Hollywood can keep backlot houses up for a mid-year HHN run.  Same goes for Parisian courtyard house (what has not started construction).

In other CA haunts, Queen Mary Dark Harbor has been officially scrubbed.

No word on Knott's Haunt yet, but drone footage shows construction has not progressed in the slightest.  Although most of their mazes are in permanent structures, no facades are up. 

With California basically under lockdown again, I don't see HHN Hollywood happening this year. Their governor is being smart and trying to keep large public spaces closed to slow their spread. With how strict both Disney and Universal are being with masks and social distancing, I am really curious as to how they think they can pull this off in Orlando. The queues are simply not large enough to space people out every 6 feet and "zig-zag" so people are not standing next to each other unless capacity levels are dropped a TON. Spacing inside the houses will also be interesting. They will need to space them out more than 6 feet. People stop and people run forward while inside. They are also not doing character meet and greets still so how do they expect to do scarezones with actors roaming around the streets with the guests? I hope we get info about how they plan to run things this year when they do the announcements to help ease peoples concerns. 

• Like 1

I have have more sources that they are setting up HHN storefronts, houses and decoration still. Orlando is still in full movement from the perspective of my sources. I feel bad for Hollywood and wish them best of luck this year.

I mean give props to Hollywood for sticking out for so long and trying to figure what directions they were trying to go this year but idk, our event looks like its really taking shape and that facade for the store is awesome and definitely looks like a homage to the Frankensteins' castle aftermath, maybe for the new Monsters house this year? Lets hope we get more insight later on.

• Like 1

With the buy one get one ticket sale ending today, tomorrow and Friday likely look like this:

Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 - Entirety of event is announced on the Universal Orlando blog or in some form of video. Reason I say this is because...

Friday, July 24th, 2020 - 

"Team members outside of the #HHN30 Tribute Store are telling guests it will open on Friday." (from the Orlando Informer Twitter page posted around 10am this morning) Not to say that this is 100% true, but Orlando Informer is a very reliable Universal source.

If the store does open on Friday, they are going to have to announce what the houses, shows, and scarezones are tomorrow, as they won't be able to hide anything anymore. How can Universal allow guests to walk into the store and see Beetlejuice and Billie Eilish shirts and other merch all over the place without spilling the details on what will be at the event? 

1 hour ago, MGregorio594 said:

With the buy one get one ticket sale ending today, tomorrow and Friday likely look like this:

Thursday, July 23rd, 2020 - Entirety of event is announced on the Universal Orlando blog or in some form of video. Reason I say this is because...

Friday, July 24th, 2020 - 

"Team members outside of the #HHN30 Tribute Store are telling guests it will open on Friday." (from the Orlando Informer Twitter page posted around 10am this morning) Not to say that this is 100% true, but Orlando Informer is a very reliable Universal source.

If the store does open on Friday, they are going to have to announce what the houses, shows, and scarezones are tomorrow, as they won't be able to hide anything anymore. How can Universal allow guests to walk into the store and see Beetlejuice and Billie Eilish shirts and other merch all over the place without spilling the details on what will be at the event? 

I think that is very possible. Although, it's also possible the tribute store will only carry the retro shirts available online when it first opens. I'm not sure which is more likely. I've been dying for any type of official announcement, so I would love for an announcement tomorrow. Although, I'm also not going to get my hopes up.

38 minutes ago, kablue said:

I think that is very possible. Although, it's also possible the tribute store will only carry the retro shirts available online when it first opens. I'm not sure which is more likely. I've been dying for any type of official announcement, so I would love for an announcement tomorrow. Although, I'm also not going to get my hopes up.

They very much could just keep it to retro shirts. Last year they had the three massive rooms for merch, so maybe they just use one room and lead people in a one-way direction kind of thing to leave without seeing the rest of the sections of the tribute shop. However, I still think they are going to reveal everything tomorrow. As many have mentioned, we are nearing very close to the event and if people start seeing what's going to be at the event this year, they will be more inclined to buy tickets now and plan out their travel. 

Speaking of travel, I have unfortunately opted out of this year like others on the forum. I am up in Connecticut and I think the risk of contracting rona' at the event, which has to be extremely likely, out weighs the reward of going to the event. It breaks my heart to not be coming, but I believe it is the right choice. Thank God we live in a digital age where we can all watch walkthroughs on YouTube and see the reports on everything through this forum and other social media platforms. It doesn't compare to actually going, but it will help with the FOMO lol.

Regarding the event, does anyone have past data on the demographic of people who come from out of state vs Florida residents who come? I'm just curious, as the tri-state area has a 31 state travel ban where you have to quarantine for 14 days after you return from traveling to those places and, obviously, Florida is on that list. I question how many people make up the events revenue from outside of Florida. There are plenty of people that come from different countries that won't be able to come and others that live in NY/NJ/CT that don't have the choice of missing work for 14 days after a trip. I'd love to know what the numbers are and how much money HHN won't make off those people if someone's got it. The amount of money they pour into the event and the return they won't see from the scenarios above and even locals who are fearful of attending due to the virus must be pretty substantial.

• Like 2

It will be our first time missing in 6 years. We had all ready cancelled an earlier WDW trip to celebrate mine and my hubby's 20 year anniversary. This would have been the first time our youngest daughter was going to go with us and she was so excited!!!! Totally understand that it is the best decision, but I am taking the day to mourn for all of us who will miss it. As my husband and I always say about HHN: "It's the most wonderful time of the year." Just super sad right now. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

So very upsetting, yet absolutely the right move by the company. Imagining the event in this COVID world wouldn't of been the same anyway. Clearly Universal waited this long to come out with an announcement because they were working their hardest to make this happen, but finally came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be possible and the backlash of the continual growing cases in the state of Florida would not be worth it for the reputation of the company. It would of been disastrous. 

The impact of this virus has to be MURDERING Universal. The fact that HHN isn't happening is going to be yet another massive financial set back for them, on top of stopping Mardi Gras early and shutting down the parks for over two months. To the team members, scareactors, etc. who were working to make this year happen through all this, we thank you and look forward to the next time we can walk through the fog. 

Also, those who are saying it will be HHN 31, the next time the event is held it will still be HHN 30 / 30th anniversary year considering the event never took place, right? Plus, and I'm just getting my hopes up, they didn't say we will see you next September, they said see you in 2021. HHN 30 in January lol? 

• Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic