Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

Patrick was a major part of the Art and Design team who has worked on HHN for many years and was with the company for 15 years total. He was always a "face" of the team, usually being on stage during the press event, was a speaker at the AP event a few years ago were fans could come and ask questions to the team. The fact that he was cut because of Covid is a scary thought. What and who else was cut. This year event was basically finished in terms of planning and budget. It's next years event that is going to suffer if the cuts of others from the art and design team that were not in the public eye happened. We are going to be feeling the effects of Covid for many years in the theme park industry as a whole. After the Jurassic Park coaster opens, I don't see new construction happening for a while (again, that was budgeted for before this started). Epic Universe is already delayed at least a year. Disney has said that construction even on current active projects won't be starting back up fully right away. I see projects like the Star Wars Hotel being put on the back burner. They have said Tron won't be starting right away. These companies lost millions and millions of dollars and will continue to be losing money for some time cause the crowds are just not there. 

I honestly feel like Universal is going to continue to hold off on announcements. With cases rising every single day and we are now at almost double the number of new cases reported each day than we were when things were all shut down, you have to wonder how long it is before the parks are forced to close again. I'm in Houston and things are looking really bad here and I know Florida is in the same boat as us. Even if the parks aren't forced to close, the guests are simply not coming to the parks which is evident in all the videos I see from locals visiting. At some point, they are gonna have to do the math and decide if its worth staffing and running the event this year. 

• Like 2

I agree Badge, I think there is an element of wishing thinking occurring. I don't see the events happening this year and you likely correct about the future. I'm not saying this to stir the pot as I am someone who has attended every Knott's Haunt since year one and have been traveling to Florida for years to attend Universal and Busch Garden haunts. There is no-one that wants to see these events open more than I do, but I just can't see them happening, especially this year. 

As someone who lives in Florida and works in live entertainment within the state, I'd say its impossible for Universal Orlando not to have HHN. Even if they have to open some time during the day to compensate. At this point the mortality rate for the virus would have to double for them to accept a complete shutdown.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigDave said:

As someone who lives in Florida and works in live entertainment within the state, I'd say its impossible for Universal Orlando not to have HHN. Even if they have to open some time during the day to compensate. At this point the mortality rate for the virus would have to double for them to accept a complete shutdown.

I said this before in the thread but I haven't stopped working yet and they are slowly cutting my hours more and more. We are getting no support from the government so we HAVE to go back to work, this includes people working at HHN.

They are building out from the tent like they did with Depths of Fear last year. A "tunnel" to walk though.

Hong Kong Disneyland is officially shutting back down again. Tokyo Disney canceled all special events until March. If the cases in Florida continue to break records like they have been for at least a week, its only a matter of time before the state goes back on lockdown. I'm in Houston and am fully prepared for us to shut back down again as well. I don't see construction for the event stopping, but with this virus showing no sign of slowing down anytime soon, I just can't see it going on and if it does, I don't see it bringing in enough money to justify not delaying it. They could move it to January or just hold off until next October. I also don't feel like its right on Universal's part. The parks and rides will always be there but Horror Nights is so unique because every year in totally different. This year being a big anniversary year means that they usually go all out with original content and shows.  As a die hard fan, it is leaving me with this tough choice of possibly getting Covid or missing out on a "once in a lifetime" experience and at the end of the day, my life is way more important than seeing the 30th anniversary but the fact that Universal doesn't see that makes me a little upset. I honesty hope that this year kinda fails so they just bring everything back again next year for a re-do of the 30th anniversary. 

I mean, at my work alone, we have just over 300 employees and in the last week 8 have tested positive and another 14 are out waiting for results. We have had strict mask guidelines in place for over a month now but we are human and all lower it from time to time to take a drink or just to get some cool air. I fear for the Scareactors working the event who may not be required to wear masks, and if they are, they might feel "safe" to lower it during their breaks since they are around coworkers.

EDIT: Open auditions for the event are now live. To stick with social distancing guidelines, all auditions will be done from a recorded tape next to your refrigerator to gauge height. This alone scares me. If they are taking these steps for the auditions, what is the event gonna look like? Scareactors in the streets all on raised platforms away from guests? Houses with "socially distanced" scares? Whats the point of having the event if all the actors are gonna be 6 feet away from? How do you put on a house when actors can't get right next to guests? 

Edited by Badge
  • Like 3

As long as mortality rate stays low I highly doubt we'll see them close. Some studies coming out are controversial on what's been said or done. I know Florida's governor does not look to be taking any steps back. Universal has always been able to implement things that astound us. They won't sacrifice our health or the events credibility. I have high hopes for the creativity they're going to bring

With that being said though, I really recommend staying at home if you're at risk. Any place with large crowds will be harmful, even testing zones.

Edited by BigDave
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Badge said:

I honesty hope that this year kinda fails so they just bring everything back again next year for a re-do of the 30th anniversary. 

If the event fails I don't see them going all out for a "re-do" next year. If anything I think they would play it safer so that they don't lose even more money on the chance people still hold off on going to the event.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kablue said:

If the event fails I don't see them going all out for a "re-do" next year. If anything I think they would play it safer so that they don't lose even more money on the chance people still hold off on going to the event.

What I mean by a "re-do" year is basically taking everything they designed and built this year and just doing it again to save on design and construction costs. If the event doesn't draw much of a crowd, the event would be "new" to most guests and for guests that did brave the event this year, they would be able to experience their favorite houses again. 

So this is what we have.

Houses

Monsters: The Brides - Soundstage 23A

Texas Chainsaw - Soundstage 23B (Based on 2013 reboot)

Bedtime Stories: The Tooth Fairy - Soundstage 24A

Icons - Soundstage 24B

Legendary Truth: Carey - MIB Tent (Anniversary house)

The Pumpkin King - Sprung Tent 2 (sequel to Twisted Tradition)

Theatre - Sprung Tent 1 (this is where the earthquake rumor comes from)

The Haunting of Hill House - New Parade Building

Beetlejuice - Parade Building (vortex you'd usually find in 3D houses is here)

Billie Eilish - Shrek 4D Theater 2 (super freaky and weird house, first Shrek house since Krampus to have facade)

Credit to Legacy for all of this.

Edited by HHN Pro 2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So this is what we have.

Houses

Icons - Soundstage 24B

Billie Eilish - Shrek 4D Theater 2 (super freaky and weird house, first Shrek house since Krampus to have facade)

Theatre sounds interesting. Have any more info on it? I was a theatre major in college. I miss live shows.

8 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

So this is what we have.

Houses

Icons - Soundstage 24B

Is pumpkin king for sure a sequel to twisted traditions? Kinda weird a house based in Carey Ohio is next to a LT: Carey house 

On 7/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, BigDave said:

Fear Factor has been under construction/transformation into a HHN unconfirmed show. Sprung tents still being constructed and altered per multiple sources 

If this is the case, are they no longer hosting a "no mask zone" inside? Are we sure they aren't just removing the FFL set pieces instead?

On 7/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, USHER6998 said:

Altered?

I wondered the same

3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

If this is the case, are they no longer hosting a "no mask zone" inside? Are we sure they aren't just removing the FFL set pieces instead?

I wondered the same

I said altered rather then construct or deconstruct because of how much the drone footage & other sources showed tent shifts and structure shifts. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:52 AM, Brandon_Voorhees said:

I cried like a baby every time I saw it. 

Same

5 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

As someone who has to deal with planes, hotels, buses, etc to enjoy the event.... I opted out this year. Be my first time missing in 13 years.

I haven't bought plane tix yet because I am unsure if the event will happen.  If it DOES happen, I don't know if we will get Frequent Fear which makes it better for us to travel down for several different weekends.  If we have to pay for each night individually, that could get VERY expensive.  

All that being said.. if the event happens, I would literally have to be dead to miss it.  This is what i look forward to all year long.  If i have to sweat my ass off wearing a mask the whole time to do it, I will.  Screw this virus.!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic