Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

18 hours ago, Nicci0110 said:

Have you ever been to any of the haunts up there?  I am from Shepherdsville and they have some GREAT haunted houses up there in Louisville and just over the bridge in IN.  I have never been to HHN but am going this year.  I have been to House of Shock in LA, but so far nothing compares to the Louisville Haunts I have been too up there!  I especially love Nightmare Forrest, Haunted Hotel, so many others!

I haven't been to any haunts here. I would like to go, but my friends either don't like haunts or are too busy. One of my cousins likes haunts. He goes to HHN with me every other year. Last year he took one of his sons to Nightmare forrest because he figured it's not as expensive as HHN and if his son couldn't handle it then he knows his son can't do HHN. He said he likes the Nightmare Forrest pulses people, that way the scare actors are ready and don't jump out too early or late. At HHN its a conga line (HHN will probably be pulsed this year though.) so sometimes you can miss a scare or see it get someone in front of you. Although HHN is more detailed than Nightmare Forrest.

You'll love HHN. Congrats on getting to go this year.

So those rumors about no HHN and instead doing a "Fall Festival" were definitely false now that casting has started. 

I'm wondering when we will start to get announcements. It's strange not knowing a single element of the event in June. We are 3 months away now. Hopefully in a few more weeks we will get info.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

I am thinking around the expiration of the BOGO on July 22nd we will get full ticket options and just before that a complete release of the event to churn excitement.

I hope we don't have to wait until July 22nd for an announcement! I like the slow reveal of a house once a week or so. By now we normally know 2-4 houses. A reveal before the end of June would be great.

Ticket sales have me worried. I want them to keep things like Rush of Fear and Frequent Fear but with a presumed reduced capcaity, I could see them going away so they can more easily keep track of attendance each night. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 5:28 AM, kablue said:

I haven't been to any haunts here. I would like to go, but my friends either don't like haunts or are too busy. One of my cousins likes haunts. He goes to HHN with me every other year. Last year he took one of his sons to Nightmare forrest because he figured it's not as expensive as HHN and if his son couldn't handle it then he knows his son can't do HHN. He said he likes the Nightmare Forrest pulses people, that way the scare actors are ready and don't jump out too early or late. At HHN its a conga line (HHN will probably be pulsed this year though.) so sometimes you can miss a scare or see it get someone in front of you. Although HHN is more detailed than Nightmare Forrest.

You'll love HHN. Congrats on getting to go this year.

Thank you!

On 6/12/2020 at 2:09 PM, Badge said:

So those rumors about no HHN and instead doing a "Fall Festival" were definitely false now that casting has started. 

I'm wondering when we will start to get announcements. It's strange not knowing a single element of the event in June. We are 3 months away now. Hopefully in a few more weeks we will get info.

Is there any indication that we will get "fall festival" during the day?

On 6/13/2020 at 2:43 PM, Badge said:

Frequent Fear

Someone posted a picture (edit, on reddit) of a UK person who had purchased a HHN30 Frequent Fear pass.   And it had the typical everyday (first and last Saturday included, but none of the others).   So, I am still hoping for the same to be released in the USA.  And from what I have heard, they are insuring onsite hotel guests access to the parks, right now, so hoping that continues through HHN.   I really do not want to have to do stay and scream each night.

Edited by Ueeediot

29 minutes ago, USHER6998 said:

Could the icons house be set in hell gate!?!

I thought the same thing. But he did confirm it will be for tv and promotion purposes. Just really has me surprised that the icons were together filming something again. And set in that setting. I don’t know if jack has them locked up, or what the case is. But the detail that he told me just seems too real to be fake. He isn’t even a big horror nights person anyways and told me all of this

On 6/13/2020 at 2:43 PM, Badge said:

I hope we don't have to wait until July 22nd for an announcement! I like the slow reveal of a house once a week or so. By now we normally know 2-4 houses. A reveal before the end of June would be great.

Ticket sales have me worried. I want them to keep things like Rush of Fear and Frequent Fear but with a presumed reduced capcaity, I could see them going away so they can more easily keep track of attendance each night. 

Late announcements are what they used to do. We would all sit on this website speculating until the big midnight website reveal. A rumor would pop up saying it would be a certain day at midnight and we would all jump in the "chat" and speculate until the actual release. Having one big announcement in July or August is the best way to do it. 

Aren't you more excited not knowing what houses we will see? It builds the anticipation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Late announcements are what they used to do. We would all sit on this website speculating until the big midnight website reveal. A rumor would pop up saying it would be a certain day at midnight and we would all jump in the "chat" and speculate until the actual release. Having one big announcement in July or August is the best way to do it. 

Aren't you more excited not knowing what houses we will see? It builds the anticipation.

Legacy saying that they're going to be relying on the event to carry the resort. I'll say it once again, I think Critical Analysis found himself a monkey's paw late last year.

21 hours ago, HaunterG said:

More info on tv spot: jack walking through a prison/ jail. talks about how he escaped from the box. In his 25 attire  but a little “revamped”. Icons/ IPs being released behind him, social distancing was mentioned apparently. ALSO bent neck lady was being filmed today as well. Very very veryyyyy reliable source. Time will tell. But very interesting. 

Who is the bent neck lady?

I just hope that HHN 30 decides to resurrect Scary Tales in one way or another since that's my favorite Universal franchise that the creators of the event has ever done in my honest opinion. If they don't have room, that's fine, but I still want to at least see a dark fantasy-themed attraction added to the Horror Nights lineup this year.

2 hours ago, The-Autistic-Prince said:

I just hope that HHN 30 decides to resurrect Scary Tales in one way or another since that's my favorite Universal franchise that the creators of the event has ever done in my honest opinion. If they don't have room, that's fine, but I still want to at least see a dark fantasy-themed attraction added to the Horror Nights lineup this year.

Tooth Fairy, your party is ready.

I feel like they missed such a huge opportunity with Deadly Ever After. Snow Queen should've been the main villain IMO. Bonus points for a guy impaled on an ice pick, bonus bonus points for him to be wearing a viking helmet. ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Why is Billie Ellish by the horror make show?  

They said on Twitter they forgot to move the marker to Shrek. For a period of time, the rumor was that Shrek was gonna be shutting down before HHN and they were gonna use Cafe La Bamba as a new house location to try out. Covid I'm sure halted those plans for Shrek so no need to try to work out a new house location this year.

• Like 1

This is weird, if true,  second restaurant used for hhn. 

I think logistic   It would be cool, but with the small space and no regular ride line. Unless this going to be a Virtual line.
  How many Virtual lines would you like to see at hhn 30? 
  Do you think Virtual lines work?  Some people found the loopholes for re rides, 
 I think it could make or break hhn 30. 

I still think this going to be at Shrek because the vip tours go out of La Bamba for food and meet ups? 
 I never have been lucky for a tour. 
 I expect that tours size might be reduced to 5-6   

Universal has been developing virtual queue for years now. There's really no reason why they can't implement it for HHN. I feel it would definitely improve the event by a long shot if they limit capacity and use mostly virtual queue for the mazes/rides.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic