Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

26 minutes ago, cbrune said:

I would still like to hear all the news other people are hearing.. I havent heard about them canceling it..

Because they don’t intend to cancel it.

Do they have a contingency? Probably. But they never intended to cancel. Construction on the houses never stopped. There will be adjustments to operations, and SIF and GATs will not be used. The event is still happening though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

Because they don’t intend to cancel it.

Do they have a contingency? Probably. But they never intended to cancel. Construction on the houses never stopped. There will be adjustments to operations, and SIF and GATs will not be used. The event is still happening though.

SIF and GATs?

2 hours ago, kablue said:

SIF and GATs?

Stuff In Face (Thing hanging down that you have to get out of the way) and Guest Activated Triggers (Like the buttons in that one Klowns room). Basically two things that would require guest contact are not gonna be a thing this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harlequinofhorror26 said:

I’m very surprised that the event still seems to be going ahead. The event won’t be able to have the “wow effect” seen in previous anniversary years with all the strict guidelines in place. Seems dangerous and risky for both guests and employees.

Not per say. All of these guidelines can make for an interesting dynamic for this year and allow Universal to do things they have never done before. I am trying to look at things positively. It will certainly be the most unique event we've ever seen and I'm excited to see how it unfolds / what the event will be like this year. 

Along with SIF and GATs being removed, I don't see any water effects this year. The likely hood of catching the virus from an infected person from briefly passing by them is pretty small. It's the prolonged contact with the person that your chances go up. Briefly passing by an actor in the house isn't any different than passing by a customer at the grocery store. 

There really isn't a ton of stuff that will effect the event as a whole. By the time Sept rolls around, masks might not be required. Social Distancing will most likely still be a thing, but they can space out the queue, reduce capacity and use virtual queues for the houses as well. Scarezones could still happen as well with the right precautions in place.  

On 5/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, HaunterG said:

Just Finally hearing from sources in the park that HHN 30 will indeed not be happening this year. Apparently There’s an event expected to happen called “Universals Fall Festival”. Bringing characters and everyday faces from the parks such as costume characters to attraction workers in Halloween attire passing out candy with a “Halloween vibe to the park”. Will be taking place during the day/early evening From September 18- October 31st and be welcoming to guests of all ages. HHN Is set to return in 2021. Announcement supposed to come June 19, and the headline “Scare ya later!” Don’t know exactly how true this is, and again only hearing it from multiple people inside the parks. Hope it’s not true, but seems legit and like a planned out idea from universal. Still hoping for a HHN 30, but after hearing this multiple times the past couple days, doesn’t seem likely anymore. What do you guys think of this? Smart? Or completely whack? Guess time will tell in coming weeks. Fingers crossed.

Pump the brakes y'all. Like @Legacy said, the event is still happening (as of now) and there is no June 19th plan to announce that it's not. Builds are happening and scarezones are also a go. This year has IMMENSE potential and it will feel like an indie-horror film vibe with originals and tremendous nods to the past. There won't be colossal looming IP's that they're clearly trying to capitalize on like TWD, Purge, etc. This year has a very "homemade" vibe to it(at least the houses).

On 5/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, carnage said:

On 5/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, carnage said:

I've been around for awhile here and I've seen it this year. I might be wrong on the one IP thing after recent events but I still feel like it's for the long-term fans. And as of right now I don't see it changing. There's always a possibility it will but I don't see it. 

The comment above mine is not something I've heard at all, and if anything I can see that possibly being a daytime activity to supplement HHN.

It's a 5/5 split. 6/4 if you consider UCM Bride original

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Pump the brakes y'all. Like @Legacy said, the event is still happening (as of now) and there is no June 19th plan to announce that it's not. Builds are happening and scarezones are also a go. This year has IMMENSE potential and it will feel like an indie-horror film vibe with originals and tremendous nods to the past. There won't be colossal looming IP's that they're clearly trying to capitalize on like TWD, Purge, etc. This year has a very "homemade" vibe to it(at least the houses).

It's a 5/5 split. 6/4 if you consider UCM Bride original

Gonna take a guess at the IPs:

-Beetlejuice

-Brides (w/ Billie)

-Haunting of Hill House

-TCM

-Invisible Man

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

TCM? Where did this come from? Did I miss something?

On IU, it’s now believed that the TPU list is at least mostly accurate, not fully. There seems to be some confusion as to what the Secret IP on the Nightmares map right now is, with TPU stating it may actually be a TCM house instead of whatever “grander” IP that the map is projecting.

• Like 1

Just now, ForeverEvil1 said:

On IU, it’s now believed that the TPU list is at least mostly accurate, not fully. There seems to be some confusion as to what the Secret IP on the Nightmares map right now is, with TPU stating it may actually be a TCM house instead of whatever “grander” IP that the map is projecting.

can I get a copy/paste of this list??? I dont even know what TPU stands for.... 

4 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

can I get a copy/paste of this list??? I dont even know what TPU stands for.... 

Theme Park University posted:

Beetlejuice

Hill House

UCM - The Bride (BOF vs BOD)

Billie Eilish

TCM (“with a new twist”)

Blumhouse’s Invisible Man (which I believe is one of the no-gos)

“Earthquake” Zombies Original (Also skeptical on that one)

”Victorian Tooth Fairy” (AKA Bedtime Stories)

”Pumpkin Lord” 

HHN Icons House

1 minute ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Theme Park University posted:

Beetlejuice

Hill House

UCM - The Bride (BOF vs BOD)

Billie Eilish

TCM (“with a new twist”)

Blumhouse’s Invisible Man (which I believe is one of the no-gos)

“Earthquake” Zombies Original (Also skeptical on that one)

”Victorian Tooth Fairy” (AKA Bedtime Stories)

”Pumpkin Lord” 

HHN Icons House

gracias! Never heard of TPU.... Bride, Beetlejuice and Leatherface are exciting... Pumpkin Lord and Icons house sound cool too... the rest... we'll see. Im still scratching my head about Billie Eilish, I dont get that one.

8 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

gracias! Never heard of TPU.... Bride, Beetlejuice and Leatherface are exciting... Pumpkin Lord and Icons house sound cool too... the rest... we'll see. Im still scratching my head about Billie Eilish, I dont get that one.

She’s a music artist under UMG (Universal Music Group) and has...enough horror thematics to work. Going to be an interesting experiment on all sides either way it seems.

12 minutes ago, Harlequinofhorror26 said:

Is Terra Cruentes still happening?

Ringwraith says there’s a couple things on that list that are wrong and that fans would be very happy with the things that were. 

(He now says that it’s a 5/5 split counting Brides as an IP.)

TCM is a good way to respond to the family friendly complaints, since unlike HoTC it’s big enough a property to put on marketing.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

So Disney has canceled all their Mickeys not so scary events as of now.. I had tickets.. I saw Universal is still doing express. I feel like Universal maybe handling stuff better than Disney.. I got the express information from the two hotels that are reopening that have express.. Hard rock and Royal Pacific.  I am wondering if Disney will raise ticket prices to double because attendance will be cut in half...  :(.  I will be traveling from another state but I hope the Governor of Florida has set the phase to 3 in August, so we wont have so much social distancing.  I mean I get it but I dont want Halloween cancelled but I understand if it is :(.  Been coming every year to HHN since HHN 16..

Edited by cbrune
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cbrune said:

I got the mickeys not so scary information when I called Disney but I see other sites saying it’s not cancelled.. who knows.. Disney is a mess right now.. thankful universal is not 

You do need to keep in mind the size difference between the two resorts. Universal had 8 resorts (which besides Cabana and Endless Summer complex all mostly all smaller than Disney's) that guests could be booked in before this started. Disney had 30. Multiple Disney resorts were sold out due to spring break. None of Universals resorts were fully booked. While Universal still gets many out of state visitors, the majority of them "add on" Universal to a Disney trip still. While still an unprecedented challenge, Universal had a much easier time navigating the logistics of reopening because of the smaller property and significantly less guests in "limbo" about when their previously booked vacation could take place.

If Universal sold every single room on property, they wouldn't get to 50% of their parks capacity with onsite guests. Disney on the other hand will far exceed the much lower capacity numbers if they allow every room to be booked. This is why Universal is still selling tickets and rooms and Disney is not. Disney simply doesn't have enough places to put people if they sell every room and still have non-onsite guests visiting as well while park capacity is at the rumored 40% level.

While both resorts are complex beasts that take a lot of people and planning to operate each day, Disney is on a MUCH larger scale than Universal and takes a lot more effort and planning to recover from something like this.

One final thing to think about. Back in 2018, Universal had a reported attendance of 10.71 million people (average of 29,342 people per day). The same year, Disney had 58 million with an average of 158,904 per day, over 5 times the number of guests in a single day.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Badge said:

You do need to keep in mind the size difference between the two resorts. Universal had 8 resorts (which besides Cabana and Endless Summer complex all mostly all smaller than Disney's) that guests could be booked in before this started. Disney had 30. Multiple Disney resorts were sold out due to spring break. None of Universals resorts were fully booked. While Universal still gets many out of state visitors, the majority of them "add on" Universal to a Disney trip still. While still an unprecedented challenge, Universal had a much easier time navigating the logistics of reopening because of the smaller property and significantly less guests in "limbo" about when their previously booked vacation could take place.

If Universal sold every single room on property, they wouldn't get to 50% of their parks capacity with onsite guests. Disney on the other hand will far exceed the much lower capacity numbers if they allow every room to be booked. This is why Universal is still selling tickets and rooms and Disney is not. Disney simply doesn't have enough places to put people if they sell every room and still have non-onsite guests visiting as well while park capacity is at the rumored 40% level.

While both resorts are complex beasts that take a lot of people and planning to operate each day, Disney is on a MUCH larger scale than Universal and takes a lot more effort and planning to recover from something like this.

One final thing to think about. Back in 2018, Universal had a reported attendance of 10.71 million people (average of 29,342 people per day). The same year, Disney had 58 million with an average of 158,904 per day, over 5 times the number of guests in a single day.

I think those numbers are untrue.  
  The hotel guest at universal makes up about 35%-45% of their guest volume.  They have been increasing their volume of and Quality  of the hotels. 
   there is going to be a weird influx of people still looking for best deals which right now. 
 But 40% is like 95k ? per park

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic