Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

17 hours ago, ultimateforce said:

I thought 29 was very disappointing compared to 28 so I am ready for anything for 30!

29 really dropped the ball on a lot of things, a lot of cuts and a lot changes and stuff that just made that year more of a bleeder the ips lacked, of course they made House Of 1000 Corpses tamed, they put Zombie's zone in a such a tight spot, should have a been a house if anything. GB didn't perform as they wanted to even putting it in the largest ss, ST was rushed and so noticeable too. Nightingales I knew wasn't going to perform the same way as Blood Prey did, it wasn't because of the look of the Nightingales, I mean it's a prequel house, I mean it's not like Body Collector's Recollection with Body Collectors getting their origin and of course Jack and Eddie's as well but I just feel like it was long overdue a sequel. I'm just glad it happened. The other ips were alright, US was alright, Zombieland as a zone was ehhh, if they would have brought back Deadtropolis as a zone and give it the treatment it had with the alley like maze as well from 2006 I think it would have been better. Anarcade, have no words for it. Vanity gave me Bioshock vibes and Splicers as well. Vikings Undead, Undead version of Game Of Thrones? XD It was interesting, the other originals were cool, GG was top notch, Universal Monsters rocked, Killer Klowns delivered the goods as being an awesome comedy house for sure. This year I bet they will try to deliver the anniversary goods, the return of the icons, nods to past houses and etc. but definitely keeping my mind opened on what they bring, hopefully Nathaniel Crowe comes to life and in that rumored Pumpkin house if it's possible, if not, that's alright with me as long as the houses give me a good scare to keep my mind at ease from all this stuff going on.

I liked 29 a lot better than 28. Yeah some of the IPs were *really* bad, but the originals more than made up for it. Better the IPs be the duds and the originals be the stars than the other way around. 

If the event happens, I see the changes being more logistic in nature than content-wise. But right now to spare myself the pain I'm the event doesn't happen and comes roaring back with a GOAT-contender of a year in 2021.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

Definitely not the topic to get on and I agree, 28 had a lot of strong material to work with, as for the event happening or not, you gotta keep an open mind, like I said, the ball is in Universal's court, I'm sure the event will happen but again it will not turn out the way we expected, so just have low expectations even if the houses and stuff happen and look promising, I could expect changes here and there. The event will definitely have safety written all over it for sure but should be a good one depending on the safety protocols and capacity of people too. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

1 hour ago, kablue said:

Do you think there could be more animatronics and puppets in the houses to help with social distancing? Not just for the guests safety, but the scare actors too.

If the scenes for some of the houses call for them, I'm sure they are necessary to use but that's what is going to be interesting in the houses is how they will perform social distancing between the guests and actors and hopefully no one pulls a dumb move and try to mess around with the actors.

15 hours ago, ultimateforce said:

More fun than having no HHN at all. 

Youre probably right... but when I drop $2500-3000 going there the thought of it being a pain in the ass frightens me. Who knows. Maybe it will add to it and HHN30 will be the one everyone talks about for years to come.

5 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Youre probably right... but when I drop $2500-3000 going there the thought of it being a pain in the ass frightens me. Who knows. Maybe it will add to it and HHN30 will be the one everyone talks about for years to come.

If we have to have those measures, the event won't happen period. See ya in '21.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:52 PM, PeoriaBJJ said:

Ok lets say you have to have your temp taken to get in, the crowds arent there, no shows, no scare zones, your in a mask, staff are in masks, you have to keep 6 feet away from everyone.... now tell me... how fun is this event gonna be?

No one said they would be using a forehead thermometer.  :blink:

21 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

If we have to have those measures, the event won't happen period. See ya in '21.

From CNN:

A second round of Covid-19 cases is "inevitable" come fall, the nation's top infectious disease doctor said, as people increasingly try to resume regular life and more states ease or lift their stay-at-home orders.

"I'm almost certain it will come back, because the virus is so transmissible and it's globally spread," said Dr. Anthony Fauci during an Economic Club of Washington webinar earlier this week.

Americans could be in for "a bad fall and a bad winter" if the country is unprepared, said Fauci, who is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:18 AM, ThreeCircles said:

From CNN:

A second round of Covid-19 cases is "inevitable" come fall, the nation's top infectious disease doctor said, as people increasingly try to resume regular life and more states ease or lift their stay-at-home orders.

"I'm almost certain it will come back, because the virus is so transmissible and it's globally spread," said Dr. Anthony Fauci during an Economic Club of Washington webinar earlier this week.

Americans could be in for "a bad fall and a bad winter" if the country is unprepared, said Fauci, who is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

So there's a chance there's not really going to be a Halloween to begin with this year, is there.

huh.

So, let's just say that HHN doesn't happen. We know a few houses are nearly finished already. I'm sure most elements of the event are well on the way to being finished. Do we think there is any chance that they delay the event to some time other than Halloween? Like could we see an HHN in January? That would give them time to remove everything and set up Mardi Gras and start construction on 31. Would also give them more time to let this all pass. 

I am hoping that the event happens. My airfare and hotel have been booked for awhile. Become a tradition to come down for 2 weeks every September. I just want them to start announcing plans soon. With the cruise industry slowing starting back up in August, I would hope Universal would give us some ideas of what they are thinking.

One thing I'm positive of, capacity for this year (assuming it happens) is going to be greatly reduced. The event packs the park with people filling the streets and the queues. Ticket options this year will be interesting. Will express even need to be a thing if the park capacity is cut in half or more? Will you have to purchase your ticket and select the day your coming far in advance? Will Rush of Fear and other "season pass" type tickets be offered? Will they limit it onsite resort guests and AP holders (rumored to be what Disney is going to do for some time)? Hopefully we get answers in the next few weeks.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ultimateforce said:

I have been predicting a post spring HHN for a while, let's see if I'm right. 

I couldn't see them doing post spring. That wouldn't give them enough turn around time to get 31 set up. An April-May HHN run would mean June 1st would be teardown and require immediate construction on 31 with only 3 months to tear down and rebuild. While not impossible, I don't see that being an option. I also don't think a 3 month break is enough for guests. Quite a few people travel from out of state and 3 months isn't enough of a break between trips for many people but a 7 month break is better. They wouldn't want to effect Mardi Gras. I feel like if they delay it, the only option is post Christmas, pre Mardi Gras. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

I couldn't see them doing post spring. That wouldn't give them enough turn around time to get 31 set up. An April-May HHN run would mean June 1st would be teardown and require immediate construction on 31 with only 3 months to tear down and rebuild. While not impossible, I don't see that being an option. I also don't think a 3 month break is enough for guests. Quite a few people travel from out of state and 3 months isn't enough of a break between trips for many people but a 7 month break is better. They wouldn't want to effect Mardi Gras. I feel like if they delay it, the only option is post Christmas, pre Mardi Gras. 

This.

There’s already only between 2-3 weeks between completing strike and starting construction between HHNs. Postponing is less an option than starting early is.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the website since nothing has been announced yet, but have all official days always been listed? I knew before Covid they announced the dates of Sept 10th-Nov 1st but I didn't think we got actual event nights since that always seem to be released in the summer but now the website has the nights listed already. Didn't expect Sept. 16th to be an event night since they usually skip the first Wednesday. Glad i'm arriving that Wednesday afternoon now! 10 full nights of HHN for me now...assuming nothing changes.

Disneyland Shanghai is apparently reopening this coming Monday.

They are the proverbial canary in the coal mine, and everyone should pay close attention to this.

What sorts of measures they put into place, the reaction of patrons, and the crowds.

Since masks were commonplace before the virus, their rules will be significantly easier for people to abide by.

The only downside is that because it is located in China, most of the news we will read will be CCP-sanitized, and therefore not trustworthy.

I would more trust the news coming direct from Disney and reports directly from people who decide to go.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic