Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

20 hours ago, Acdr22 said:

I didn't realize Disney was part owner since the movie was distributed by Universal and produced by Blumhouse and Miramax (which Disney sold in 2010). I figured they didn't do the house in 2018 because the movie wasn't released until October of that year putting it in the middle of that years event and they didn't know how successful the movie was going to be.

Yeah Disney owns it, yesterday during Murdy's Q&A, someone mentioned to Murdy about AHS and if he was planning on making another one and he said at the time he was in the processing of writing next one but then "something" prevented it from happening and then he put it away, so Disney has put a halt to many IPs that Universal can't touch. Unless someone legit buys the rights fully from Disney, the only thing I could see is an anniversary per say house for Michael basically the best of scenes from H1, H2 and H4 I guess, I mean maybe they'd get away with throwing in 2018 Michael at the end but ehhh, I wouldn't risk it you know.

Random 5am thought:

Does anybody else think Universal changed up houses and trimmed down on the number of IP's because they are expecting a large drop off in attendance this year because of the coronavirus?

After getting that email to AP holders asking what guests would like to see change after they reopen, it really got me thinking. 3 different questions asking about reduced capacity. HHN has gotten to the point where some nights it's difficult to walk the streets without bumping into somebody every few steps. I easily see them dropping capacity by at least 25% this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it in half. 

So, why spend all the extra money to lock down IP's when the event is going to draw in less of a crowd?

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah Disney owns it, yesterday during Murdy's Q&A, someone mentioned to Murdy about AHS and if he was planning on making another one and he said at the time he was in the processing of writing next one but then "something" prevented it from happening and then he put it away, so Disney has put a halt to many IPs that Universal can't touch. Unless someone legit buys the rights fully from Disney, the only thing I could see is an anniversary per say house for Michael basically the best of scenes from H1, H2 and H4 I guess, I mean maybe they'd get away with throwing in 2018 Michael at the end but ehhh, I wouldn't risk it you know.

What I was saying is that I don't see how Disney owns any part of Halloween 2018 since the only thing it was associated with was Miramax and they sold that in 2010. So I don't see what else would stop it from being used this year.

5 hours ago, Acdr22 said:

What I was saying is that I don't see how Disney owns any part of Halloween 2018 since the only thing it was associated with was Miramax and they sold that in 2010. So I don't see what else would stop it from being used this year.

Halloween 2018, along with Conjuring and It, they are rights nightmares, honestly they could try to make an effort in trying to go for it but they will deal with a lot of messes in trying to bringing it, it’s not worth really dealing with all that trouble when you could just easily pluck an available IP at your disposal. 

I feel the 11th will fall as a rumor and then we only get 10 houses. 

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

I got a survey email, but the link said the survey was not active.  I tried it within 5 min of receiving it...

Not feeling the Whoa!

More like the Bogus!

So I'm guessing maybe a change to the line up, tickets, limit of people or etc. I didn't get it.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

On 4/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, HorrorUnearthed said:

So I'm guessing maybe a change to the line up, tickets, limit of people or etc. I didn't get it.

Yeah it was pretty vague. Asking about limiting the number to 25%, 50%, 75%.... and asking how you feel about it.

The survey wasn't about HHN in general. It was about the resort as a whole. It basically said that when they get the OK to reopen from the state, they will but wanted feedback on safety messaures and precautions that they are thinking about putting into place. Things like only opening outdoor shows and attractions. Wiping down ride vehicles after every rider. Stopped self serve food/drinks (no more Freestyle machines). Temperature checks for staff and/or guests. Face masks for all adults staff/and or guests. No shows/parades were large people gather in groups. Spacing out ride seating/only send the same family in a vehicle for smaller vehicles. Multiple capacity questions. Hand sanitizer questions. 

The theme park industry is going to look very different for quite some time I'm sure. It's not going to be the same park we knew before all this started. I'm expecting 50% reduced capacity for quite some time. Different queue systems. Different restaurant systems. Bus system changes. It's a lot to change and implement but also going to be very hard to make guests follow the new rules and guidelines. I'm sure whatever happens will be effecting HHN as well. Time will tell.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Badge said:

The survey wasn't about HHN in general. It was about the resort as a whole. It basically said that when they get the OK to reopen from the state, they will but wanted feedback on safety messaures and precautions that they are thinking about putting into place. Things like only opening outdoor shows and attractions. Wiping down ride vehicles after every rider. Stopped self serve food/drinks (no more Freestyle machines). Temperature checks for staff and/or guests. Face masks for all adults staff/and or guests. No shows/parades were large people gather in groups. Spacing out ride seating/only send the same family in a vehicle for smaller vehicles. Multiple capacity questions. Hand sanitizer questions. 

The theme park industry is going to look very different for quite some time I'm sure. It's not going to be the same park we knew before all this started. I'm expecting 50% reduced capacity for quite some time. Different queue systems. Different restaurant systems. Bus system changes. It's a lot to change and implement but also going to be very hard to make guests follow the new rules and guidelines. I'm sure whatever happens will be effecting HHN as well. Time will tell.

I don't think the option to only open outdoor shows and attractions is the way they'll choose to go. On Studios side; outside of Kang and Kodos, Fear Factor, and Animal Actors is there really anything thats an outside attraction where it's not a group of people standing clumped together?

Sounds like the kiss of death for Poseidon's Fury.

And pre-shows.

Also curious about temperature screening.  Maybe someone who lives in Florida would know - if it's 95 and high humidity and you've been walking outside a lot, will that not increase your temperature to the point where a forehead scanner would find you in fever range?  I suppose they would consider something like 102 to be a no-go threshold.  Just wondering how high a healthy person could read due to the sun and heat.

• Sad 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:58 AM, Badge said:

Random 5am thought:

Does anybody else think Universal changed up houses and trimmed down on the number of IP's because they are expecting a large drop off in attendance this year because of the coronavirus?

After getting that email to AP holders asking what guests would like to see change after they reopen, it really got me thinking. 3 different questions asking about reduced capacity. HHN has gotten to the point where some nights it's difficult to walk the streets without bumping into somebody every few steps. I easily see them dropping capacity by at least 25% this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it in half. 

So, why spend all the extra money to lock down IP's when the event is going to draw in less of a crowd?

House lineup hasn’t changed because of the pandemic. The changes on the spec map are due to changes with rumors. Signs point to a situation where Universal attempted to get another IP and could agree on terms.

25 minutes ago, Legacy said:

House lineup hasn’t changed because of the pandemic. The changes on the spec map are due to changes with rumors. Signs point to a situation where Universal attempted to get another IP and could agree on terms.

You said that they were still trying to negotiate Sabrina. What about Gremlins?

I'm at the point where I'm assuming this year won't happen, sadly. Trying to look ahead to next year at this point, though I expect much of what was planned this year to appear if so.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

2 hours ago, ultimateforce said:

I am giving this the Ultimateforce Guarantee (tm) this event is happening in 2020. 

I am giving it the Zombieman Double-Your-Horror-Back Guarantee.

The guarantee is if it doesn't happen in 2020 (I think it won't) then we get TWO HHN events in 2021!

But I have every appendage crossed that Ultimateforce is right.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, zombieman said:

Sounds like the kiss of death for Poseidon's Fury.

And pre-shows.

Also curious about temperature screening.  Maybe someone who lives in Florida would know - if it's 95 and high humidity and you've been walking outside a lot, will that not increase your temperature to the point where a forehead scanner would find you in fever range?  I suppose they would consider something like 102 to be a no-go threshold.  Just wondering how high a healthy person could read due to the sun and heat.

not from the forehead dude.... 

Stargate SG-1 Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter Close Up with ...

Did y'all watch POTUS addressing the nation last night? DHS scientist is in the works of a study on environmental factors affecting COVID-19. It's showing high heat and humidity are advantageous in combating the virus. Things are looking good for Orlando. 

28 minutes ago, Trevvvy said:

Did y'all watch POTUS addressing the nation last night? DHS scientist is in the works of a study on environmental factors affecting COVID-19. It's showing high heat and humidity are advantageous in combating the virus. Things are looking good for Orlando. 

I thought that was immediately disproven by officials 

8 minutes ago, Collin said:

I thought that was immediately disproven by officials 

How? I don't see how it can be "disproven" by officials based off their opinions when statistical evidence provided by DHS shows the effects of temps/humidity/disinfectants on COVID-19.

If the event happens, it will happens, if it is prevented from happening, it doesn't, all we can see is that this situation is in the middle, not on any sides, just in the middle and we just gotta wait and see what Universal will actually stick to, I believe the event could happen but honestly at the end of the day, it's all just spec, we just gotta sit tight and wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, ultimateforce said:

Um did you miss my guarantee? 

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, it will but it will not be what everyone expects it to be. Go in with low expectations, it may be an anniversary year but not the one we expected. Everyone just needs to stay positive and go on, one day the event will not happen and then change to the event will happen. Honestly the ball is in Universal's court, it has always been. I'll wait for what they say.

• Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic