Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

I like this spec map much more!

Music by Billie Eilish, rather than Billie Eilish house.  "Music by" has worked well at Hollywood.  Good way to go.

Beetlejuice/Gremlins - what happened?  Not that I was too excited for either.  Possible one of these is now a "secret IP"?

Unfortunately, I think the chance of me going this year to Orlando (or even Hollywood) is now very slim.

I believe the economy will not be open to those with underlying conditions until a vaccine is available, which I think will happen by end of this year, not next summer.  So many possible vaccines are on fast-track.  Something will happen faster than usual.  My concern is seeing surveys that over half the country will refuse any vaccine funded by Bill Gates.  When did people become so irrational?

My hope is that antibody testing will occur in a month or so, showing that the virus was in fact widespread even in January, and a good portion of the nation has already gotten it at some point.  So many people I know had a horrible flu-like illness in January even though the flu vaccine was considered to be a good one this year.  Until that happens, I think states will still be implementing hardcore isolation protocols based on health risk, with many young people being allowed back to work.   The antibody results are the key to providing the confidence to get this economy opened back up quickly.

So I may have to live this through you...

Regarding Shrek, it seems to me that the building has about the same footprint as the Hollywood SLOP, but Hollywood is a two story building.  I think the chances are greater for a Kung Fu Panda clone than for SLOP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Wont cancel my flights just yet....

That's a bright spot of this whole thing.  Airlines will either cancel it for you or will have liberal cancellation policy (assuming the airline is still operating).

1 hour ago, ultimateforce said:

Not to get super political here but our owners are going to force us back to work very soon if we are safe or not. There will be face masks required at HHN with hand sanitizer on tap but there will be  HHN this year. 

I wear glasses.  The thought of 8 hours of Florida humidity with a face mask is unbearable.  I would be constantly wiping my face from sweat, which is exactly what you are not supposed to do.

But, damn, how I like the spec map....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

My concern is seeing surveys that over half the country will refuse any vaccine funded by Bill Gates.  When did people become so irrational?

Say what? How stupid do you have to be?

As badly as I and everyone else want this year to happen, I'll feel really bad for you if you're unable to go. :(

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I wear glasses.  The thought of 8 hours of Florida humidity with a face mask is unbearable.  I would be constantly wiping my face from sweat, which is exactly what you are not supposed to do.

But, damn, how I like the spec map....

I'm a welder and I'm working in a mask and glasses here. You get used to it. 

On 4/14/2020 at 4:51 PM, ultimateforce said:

Not to get super political here but our owners are going to force us back to work very soon if we are safe or not. There will be face masks required at HHN with hand sanitizer on tap but there will be  HHN this year. 

As someone who's always struggled with my facial expressions I am perfectly okay with wearing face masks.

16 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

As someone who's always struggled with my facial expressions I am perfectly okay with wearing face masks.

I've heard from my wife constantly over the years "you have a face that makes you unapproachable. You always look mad". LOL I'm also not a small guy at 6'5" and 235 lbs.... maybe wearing a face mask would be good for me!!!! ha!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, zombieman said:

I like this spec map much more!

Beetlejuice/Gremlins - what happened?  Not that I was too excited for either.  Possible one of these is now a "secret IP"?

Beetlejuice is still on the spec map.
As for Gremlins, no idea. Word is the house -was- on the table...until it wasn't. Eh, it happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

Beetlejuice is still on the spec map.
As for Gremlins, no idea. Word is the house -was- on the table...until it wasn't. Eh, it happens.

Jeez, Beetlejuice IS on the map.  I read it several times.  And still didn't see it.  SMH

11 hours ago, LilPetts said:

I absolutely agree

eeeeeeeeeeeh I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you two.... :unsure:

7 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

I know I shouldn't be, but really hoping that original is a Bloodengutz sequel. 

but whole heatedly agree with you!

• Like 2

I love Killer Klowns From Outer Space but I think it was good enough to come last year and the year before but definitely bring in something else, of course the photo op should be more for the icons and characters from the past since this year is celebrating 30 years of the event.

As for H.R. Bloodengutz I mean he has been anticipated for quite sometime but I feel like they will hold off on bringing him back just a tad bit although I wouldn't doubt him appearing in the anniversary house if they do it. As for The Pumpkin King, it does make me wonder if this is for Nathaniel Crowe or possibly for Twisted Traditions back at 28, the zone was very well received and has good potential in being a house, making the cathedral in the zone be the facade and expanding on the backstory. Just a thought.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Acdr22 said:

So what are the chances the secret IP is Halloween(2018) ? It fits perfectly. It's a Blumhouse production, promotes the sequel coming out this October(hopefully), and falls on a Michael Myers year.

You could've also made a great reasoning for them to do a house in 2018 when it came out, but there's a big reason why they did Halloween 4 than 2018. An it's the same reason why there's pretty much none to the slimmest of chances it's the secret IP this year...

Disney is part owner of Halloween 2018. So it's an IP that's out of reach.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tobias said:

You could've also made a great reasoning for them to do a house in 2018 when it came out, but there's a big reason why they did Halloween 4 than 2018. An it's the same reason why there's pretty much none to the slimmest of chances it's the secret IP this year...

it’s important to remember something: just because blumhouse has a property, doesn’t mean universal will be able to have it at its disposal. despite the first look deal, blumhouse works with other companies (take, for instance, fantasy island being a columbia film)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tobias said:

H5 is a possibility. Not the most exciting, but Mike Myers is a pretty sure bet in bring people in.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

I wouldn't mind H5 but honestly I think it's not really necessary to do, even though there are some good scenes they pull off from the film, but I think it was best to end the run at 4, it's not that I dislike 5, I mean I dislike the Thorn angle of course but the film would have been a bit better without it's usage, if it were to happen, I wouldn't mind it but I think it would be better to just end at 4.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tobias said:

I didn't realize Disney was part owner since the movie was distributed by Universal and produced by Blumhouse and Miramax (which Disney sold in 2010). I figured they didn't do the house in 2018 because the movie wasn't released until October of that year putting it in the middle of that years event and they didn't know how successful the movie was going to be.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic