Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

8 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

It's alright, but for the 30-year anniversary, this is kinda disappointing. All the originals sound absolutely amazing (TERRA QUEEN HELL YEAH!), but in terms of IP, sure ya got Beetlejuice, but the rest is kinda eh. Also, was hoping for more originals for the 30th, but nope we still got a 6 IP, 4 original split.

To be fair, I hadn't really come across a spec map so far that was much if any better. I too would have liked one more original, but if all the originals are strong (like last year for instance) I'm willing to be quite generous. And one of those IPs will have an original story.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Lots of grumbling about a speculation map which is purely speculation - it's make believe.  

I think we need to come to a realization that this is a slow motion disaster that is affecting the entire world simultaneously, and we don't know when it will end.  Hell, we can't even define "end" at this point.  HHN is very likely to have a much less scary atmosphere.  And if they do, I'm OK with that.  They reacted to 9/11 with the non gory HHN XI.  They cut Eddy.  The show goes on, but it has to take world circumstances into consideration.  Anniversaries don't change that.

I can't say it enough - expect anything.

I'd bet anyone that the planners at Universal are looking at EVERY contingency - even the idea of pushing "Horror Nights" event to early or mid 2021.  Who needs it to be "Halloween Horror Nights"?  Imagine it taking place when weather is nice or schools are out.  Would people really be opposed to such an idea?

My intent here is not to squash speculation.  It's healthy, and good.  It's just that complaining about something imaginary is a bit silly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zombieman said:

They reacted to 9/11 with the non gory HHN XI.  They cut Eddy.  The show goes on, but it has to take world circumstances into consideration.  Anniversaries don't change that.

Does that mean 31 will go back to Islands? ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, zombieman said:

My intent here is not to squash speculation.  It's healthy, and good.  It's just that complaining about something imaginary is a bit silly.

Unfortunately, it’s the track record of this site and the speculated IPs which causes a lot of sting for me personally.   

I reviewed last years 1.0 Map and it was accurate on all of the IPs (Except Us, and that was not revealed at the time).  None of the IPs changed  and only was add to (Us).  This years map was a gut check for someone like me.  

This has always been the vacation of the year for my wife and I... Now that we are rethinking it at a time where holding on to something to look forward to is a nice relief from the chaos.  Now it’s like  “well poop... what are we gunna do?” .

Like I said I will wait for official confirmation before we do anything, however the outlook is grim.... and not in a good way.

• Like 3

I feel that a haunted house in a theme park world will rarely offer more than the occasional jump scare.

I think HHN has come to this realization as well.

Instead they focus on concept, story, and bringing "IP Experiences" that people want to see.

They also feel the need to cater to more than one crowd...

General Public

Teens

Horror Fans

Nostalgia Buffs

HHN Die Hards

Etc

The more they can lure in,the more coin they make. 

Earlier I said I was content with 80% of this map. Not feeling Sabrina or Billie .. but I am not their target audience.

But I will be damned if the other 8 don't peak my curiosity in some way, shape, or form.

Edited by Insane24Se7en
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Insane24Se7en said:

General Public

Teens

Horror Fans

Nostalgia Buffs

HHN Die Hards

Etc

I belong to 4 of those groups lol.

The following can be true; (All or one at the same time) 

1. HHN market and leadership direction can be out of touch with their main stream revenue source for HHN. Simply put, they don’t know or forgot why HHN is so successful.

2. IPs can be to difficult to acquire based on Licensing.  

3. cost vs. profit clashed completely with creative.

I believe that the best way to express your disdain is thru your wallet. I won’t express my approval with the the current rumored line up.

I love the event and it has a special place in my heart but I can’t support this lowering the standards or identity to make more cash. This is too far IMO. I know it works for some but not me.

Edited by Pyconn84

16 hours ago, zombieman said:

Squeeze tunnels, body bags, refrigerator flaps, hanging fabric, threads in face, water effects - I think these must NOT be in any house under any circumstance this year.

Bro Im with you... these are the reasons (when I can bare it) I wear a baseball hat and long sleeves at HHN. At minimum I usually pick up ringworm. The less your skin touches what everyone else is touching the better. 

So according to that speculation map:

Beetlejuice - Soundstage 21 (?)

Monsters: The Bride - Soundstage 23B

Bedtime Stories - Soundstage 23A

Terra Cruentes - Soundstage 25

Billie Eilish - MIB Tent

Dungeon of Terror - Sprung Tent 2

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Sprung Tent 1

The Haunting of Hill House - New Parade Building

Legendary Truth: Carey - Parade Building

Gremlins - Sprung Tent 3 (?)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Billie Eilish - MIB Tent

24A and B instead of 21 and 25. That map projects Billie for MIB tent.

I guess my comment about the speculated lineup being focused on women was taken down by the moderator for some reason. You know simply mentioning that females exist isn't sexist. Either way that is clearly going to be the theme, who they are trying to appeal to if its accurate and is going to be a turnoff for the hard core fans. 

Edited by Lar6767

1 hour ago, Lar6767 said:

I guess my comment about the speculated lineup being focused on women was taken down by the moderator for some reason. You know simply mentioning that females exist isn't sexist. Either way that is clearly going to be the theme, who they are trying to appeal to if its accurate and is going to be a turnoff for the hard core fans. 

Not sure I understand this, how is it a female focused event?  What are you considering that 50% or more of the event is geared towards the female population? Billie and Sabrina? 

Hate to tell you, BUT the hard core fans have been upset for awhile now BUT most understand that the HHN of old is long gone!

3 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Billie Eilish - MIB Tent

I'm ok with most of this list. While Sabrina and Eilish seem like an odd choice for the event, they tend to surprise us with the odd choices. They have done some music based houses in the past and they always manage to pull them off somehow (although never the best house of the year by a long shot). Her music and videos are creepy and i'm sure they will come up with their own spin on it. I am glad it is going in the MIB tent though. Might actually change up the crowds rushing the houses in the front with all the younger crowd wanting to see her house first.

Sabrina is the only really strange one for me. I found the show very strange and not something I was into. I didn't find it to have any horror elements at all. Curious to see what they do with this one.

I'm beyond excited for Haunting of Hill House! Tons of creepy elements. I can't wait to walk thru this house and see the set design. I'm glad its going into the new building which has the space to pull this house off properly.

This list also got me thinking. Could we be getting a setup for the Icons to all make a return? The main 5 can be placed into the houses pretty neatly.

Beetlejuice/Gremlins -- Jack -- More "fun" type houses and Beetlejuice having a similar personality to Jack 

Terra Cruentes/ Bedtime Stories/Dungeon -- Storyteller -- As mentioned above, she was the Icon for 15 which is when Terra Cruentes was features. Bedtime Stories is what is tells. Dungeon Retold was her house during Sweet 16.

Monsters/Sabrina -- Usher -- Both are movies/tv shows

Billie Eilish/Haunting -- Director -- Billie has creative, well directed music videos. Haunting won huge praise for its directing, especially the limited cuts in episode 5 which required sets to be designed and built specifically with this episode in mind. 

Legendary -- Caretaker -- The most famous resident of Carey, Ohio

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

24A and B instead of 21 and 25. That map projects Billie for MIB tent.

Wait, so is it:

Beetlejuice - Soundstage 23B

Monsters: The Bride - Soundstage 23A

Bedtime Stories - Soundstage 24B

Terra Cruentes - Soundstage 24A

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Billie Eilish - MIB Tent

MiB tent isn’t a Sprung tent. Sprung is a brand name. Can’t remember the brand name for Tent 3. It’s why the permits for the 2 Sprungs are labeled ST1 and ST2, and MiB tent is labeled T3. 

Speaking of permits: B108 permit has dropped. We have 6 permits now. 

• Like 2

Lemme fix this map with a 6 original, 4 IP split.

Beetlejuice - Soundstage 23B

Candyman - Soundstage 23A

Psychoscareapy 6 - Soundstage 24B

Terra Cruentes - Soundstage 24A

H.R. Bloodengutz 2 - MIB Tent

Slaughter Sinema II - Sprung Tent 1

Spiral - New Parade Building

Gremlins - Sprung Tent 3

• Like 2
  • Love 1

All of the early permits (the first 5) have FIR permits now. These are the permits for the fire alarms and sprinklers (for those who haven’t seen my tweets). ELE permits will, also, be pulled for the houses. ELE permits are for electrical work. 

All permit applications are being sent through email. No worries regarding permit offices being closed. These things can be done online. 

I’m currently building a house. My construction has not been interrupted. My guess s Orlando will operate in a similar manner. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Does anyone else think Beetlejiuce and Gremlins should not be in the same year? And Sabrina? I had to look that one up.... meh.

Well you’ll be happy to know it seems to be quickly going around that Sabrina and Gremlins are leaning on the “not real” sides.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic