Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

2 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

no no, Dead Exposure: Patient Zero remember? We've been down this road before lol

I wish they had gone with photography again...imagine pictures of a Soviet biowarfare attack in West Germany that zombifies the population, would have fit the '80s perfectly. So then a Catacombs sequel this year wouldn't feel redundant. But I digress.

So Soundstage 22 and Shrek are both going bye-bye? Interesting. Lends credence to CLB.

Assuming there's an anniversary house, I think it will go in one of the parade buildings if the soundstage configuration is accurate.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

If the rumors are true, from what I'm hearing, we will not be getting a permit for Shrek

Wasn't Shrek not going to be used a couple years ago and then ended up being used? I'm thinking it was the year Halloween 4 was in Shrek, but I could be mistaken.

• Like 1

Yes Halloween 4 was last minute which led for the Shrek building being used. SS 22 is up in the air as well but definitely looks like Universal will changing the locations for the future, hopefully they choose the F&TF ride as a replacement because the ride is usually dead during HHN and sometimes in the day time, not many people would really miss the rides' absence.

As much as I wanted them to do a Catacombs sequel, honestly the first one is the best, I know there could be many ways to go about a sequel but last year's Nightingales I think proves that some houses don't need sequels or prequels to continue you know what I mean, some are needed and others just not really, that also goes also with Crossovers as well.

If there is an anniversary which I am sure there is going to be, it may be possibly used in the parade building as well, hopefully they go the HHN XX house route they did with Horror Nights Hallow'd Past, the set up for that house was awesome even though it takes place in a storage facility, the parade building would be the replacement setting for it and work out perfectly and I am very intrigued in which houses they will feature from the batch.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

As much as I wanted them to do a Catacombs sequel, honestly the first one is the best, I know there could be many ways to go about a sequel but last year's Nightingales I think proves that some houses don't need sequels or prequels to continue you know what I mean, some are needed and others just not really, that also goes also with Crossovers as well.

There are some houses that are best not getting sequels. But Nightingales ain't one--I thought finding a conflict that wasn't a war was pretty genius. Yes I wish they kept the old masks (only thing keeping it from being my FOAT) though I have a hunch as to why they didn't.

Scarecrow is the most obvious house to get a sequel this year, but I'm not quite sure how to continue the story in a satisfying way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

There are some houses that are best not getting sequels. But Nightingales ain't one--I thought finding a conflict that wasn't a war was pretty genius. Yes I wish they kept the old masks (only thing keeping it from being my FOAT) though I have a hunch as to why they didn't.

Scarecrow is the most obvious house to get a sequel this year, but I'm not quite sure how to continue the story in a satisfying way.

Nightingales was demanded, people keep asking and asking for original to be given a sequel and once it happens, it either A. works out well for the better or B. falls flat, the concept was good for the house, I had no bad thoughts of it, I'm very open minded to it but seeing others' reactions especially that wanted it to return and question, shows that sometimes, it could work and other times it's just best leaving the first house a little bit open ended. Scarecrow is another one that was really good, if they find a way to make it possible as sequel, I'll be all in for it but hopefully they do it right or side by side to the first house. Hive even though was last minute, seemed decent, why I say this is because the Salem's Lot fan in me really loved this house because it was as close as we were ever gonna that film as a house and seeing the mock-up teaser for the sequel, it seems like one to deserve a sequel but like you said with Scarecrow, where could they really go for the houses? That's when you start understanding the real importance behind making a house or a sequel house that could may or may not top the previous ones.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

7 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

The rumblings are still in favor of Scarecrow appearing at the event, though in what capacity is still TBD

19 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Children of the Coronavirus house?

sorry not sorry

I think it's safe to say that any plans to have a zombie/virus related house/scarezone, are out the window. Here's an interesting exercise to help pass the time: Anyone want to compile a list of zombie/virus related scenes for a theoretical anniversary house or full houses(both original and IP, or speculated) that they will NOT be doing? I think it's safe to say we can rule these out. Also.....

NO WALKING DEAD!

C0NF1RM3D!@#

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 5

Definitely TWD could be written off speculation lists and forever please because it's had it's time and never grew, stayed the same even when it was generated so many attention and appeal, it didn't live up to the show. Also I would not mind a break from Zombie/Virus houses, it is truly for the best, not only because this time now but also the theming have sorta been overused and it's time for other themes to be used.

• Like 2

I don't see them really cancelling the event, they are sitting it out and sitting the announcements and possibly going to wait till June to put out stuff, June is the best guess that we might see this stuff but seeing how it is going on Inside Universal, I wouldn't get my hopes on expecting this year will go the way people think it will go.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I don't see them really cancelling the event, they are sitting it out and sitting the announcements and possibly going to wait till June to put out stuff, June is the best guess that we might see this stuff but seeing how it is going on Inside Universal, I wouldn't get my hopes on expecting this year will go the way people think it will go.

We have two different insiders saying two kinda sorta different things. Do we really want a rehash of 25? I sure don't. We've had Jack enough darn times, and I find Chance to be extremely annoying. I can take some experimenting.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

41 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

We have two different insiders saying two kinda sorta different things. Do we really want a rehash of 25? I sure don't. We've had Jack enough darn times, and I find Chance to be extremely annoying. I can take some experimenting.

What exactly are we hearing from them, again?

In my opinion, if ever there was a year where things are up in the air, it's this one.  Even with IP contracts in place, I can imagine ANYTHING can change at this point.  Look at how movie studios are now pushing out their release plans.  Those delays will ripple.   For example, who knows if Candyman will be pushed out or if it will even release this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear originals announced first or if all announcements will be late.  So this year may be like the good old days - when no one knew what was coming until it was announced.  I wouldn't even be surprised if Hollywood backed off the "apocalyptic virus zombie house" (a.k.a. TWD) if the US has a much higher than expected death rate.  Bill & Ted may get a go simply because it's a show intended to make you laugh.  Might even be a very light year for gore, as they did in 2001.

And number of houses?  I seriously doubt 11.  Heck, 10 might not even happen.  Think about this: some major airlines have already said they are not resuming international service with Asia until OCTOBER.   If similar happened with Europe, that's a non-insignificant amount of the HHN GP.  The crystal ball is very cloudy as to what domestic travel will be like a short 6 months from now.  Remember, viruses tend to flare up again later in the year...  You had better believe theme park execs are video conferencing right now as to how or if they might be able to enforce a 6 foot separation rule in queues.  I'd give the event about a 90% chance of happening at this point.

Expect anything.

Believe me, it's not fun being the pessimist in a room full of optimists.   But that's what a pessimist would say...

• Like 5

I don't know about you guys but I live in Orlando and there's an ever growing list of my friends who are laid off from work now with everything closed. Rumors Epcot won't even be open till 2021. I'm trying to remain positive but it's too early to tell anything.

As a side note I am getting a really bad sore throat I am hoping is just a regular sore throat from allergies. 

On 3/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, zombieman said:

In my opinion, if ever there was a year where things are up in the air, it's this one.  Even with IP contracts in place, I can imagine ANYTHING can change at this point.  Look at how movie studios are now pushing out their release plans.  Those delays will ripple.   For example, who knows if Candyman will be pushed out or if it will even release this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear originals announced first or if all announcements will be late.  So this year may be like the good old days - when no one knew what was coming until it was announced.  I wouldn't even be surprised if Hollywood backed off the "apocalyptic virus zombie house" (a.k.a. TWD) if the US has a much higher than expected death rate.  Bill & Ted may get a go simply because it's a show intended to make you laugh.  Might even be a very light year for gore, as they did in 2001.

And number of houses?  I seriously doubt 11.  Heck, 10 might not even happen.  Think about this: some major airlines have already said they are not resuming international service with Asia until OCTOBER.   If similar happened with Europe, that's a non-insignificant amount of the HHN GP.  The crystal ball is very cloudy as to what domestic travel will be like a short 6 months from now.  Remember, viruses tend to flare up again later in the year...  You had better believe theme park execs are video conferencing right now as to how or if they might be able to enforce a 6 foot separation rule in queues.  I'd give the event about a 90% chance of happening at this point.

Expect anything.

Believe me, it's not fun being the pessimist in a room full of optimists.   But that's what a pessimist would say...

This is one of a couple times per year where Universal profits, as opposed to reinvesting into it's parks, etc. They will do everything in their power to get the event up and running, even if it has a smaller capacity.

We also need these idiots to stop going out to unnecessary places. I heard today Wonderworks is still open. Are you f&$#ing kidding me?! The place where everyone is SUPPOSED to touch everything?! That place is a petri dish for viruses.

Also, this is the gross statement from the Fun Spot CEO, clearly taking advantage of the other park closures:

We value each guest who visits our parks and hope these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions in this evolving situation.  We remain committed to providing you and your family with a safe-clean-fun environment.  We look forward to helping you, your family and friends celebrate each other while creating memories for a life time.

At this time, Fun Spot America is fully operational. If you’re interested in purchasing a Single Day Fun Pass, Single Day Mega Fun Pass or 2020 3-Park Season Pass, you can save now by purchasing tickets online.

• Like 1

Well, The Auditions were supposed to be happening in 4 weeks. 
 Mid April.  Construction will be rushed if they are able to do it.  Maybe we can get some HOLLYWOOD inspired mazes?  BLACK WALLS EVERYWHERE!  It will be great change for once.
 Usually right now they get an announcement right after the  bogo deal.
 I think they will wait to see if the parks are going to reopen in April.  I have faith in universal to think of something. Maybe Virtual lines or limited crowds. 
  I think this HHN would great if you think about.  Low crowds? Maybe bring back stranger things especially if the budget is cut?  Why waste money on making new props?  

The movie delays don't effect hhn, I.e Dracula Untold got push back and altered leaving a deleted scene in the maze. 
 2009 Wolfman got push back also.   We can still get candyman or the hunt? or anything really.. 

On 3/20/2020 at 4:10 PM, ultimateforce said:

For those who don't live here, Orlando just went under curfew 11pm-5am. Let's get this overwith!

IL is on full lock down.... in fact the Sunday before St Pats the govt was telling everyone the ban on public gathering would go into effect on 3/17. So all teh fucking bars in town were doing the huge Monday celebrations. Locals got on social media and blasted these places calling them irresponsible fools. They got it and canceled everything.

Cant wait till this is all over with. Stay healthy and strong HHNers!

• Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic