Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, zombieman said:

Damn!  I went near opening weekend, so I missed the sign and of course Boingo.  Yes, that definitely sounds like the end.

Thanks

Yeah, definitely over. Multiple Cast Members have reported that they will not be doing the show next year. Plus they lost the long time Law Man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, Legacy said:

Why do you torture me?

Hello! Life has been getting in the way. I’m still around. Will try to be more active. No promises. Life and such, but Christmas is over so work should be easier now. 

I played the Graveyard Games FB game. It worked, even though I couldn’t attend. Interesting tidbits of info. I can link some of it to the Terra Queen. Similarities to her story. There are two Twitter accts that are still active for Sid and Nancy. Probably just scareactors or fans having fun, but I find it interesting. 

Speaking of interesting, how many here realize the significance of choosing the names Sid and Nancy for the characters?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:32 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

Why do you torture me?

Hello! Life has been getting in the way. I’m still around. Will try to be more active. No promises. Life and such, but Christmas is over so work should be easier now. 

I played the Graveyard Games FB game. It worked, even though I couldn’t attend. Interesting tidbits of info. I can link some of it to the Terra Queen. Similarities to her story. There are two Twitter accts that are still active for Sid and Nancy. Probably just scareactors or fans having fun, but I find it interesting. 

Speaking of interesting, how many here realize the significance of choosing the names Sid and Nancy for the characters?

The REAL reason they never made another album. :D

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I realized I never explained why that clue from @Legacy was torturous for me. 

The Latin translates to: Mary, Our Hope. 

She’s my favorite icon. No, I don’t think that is the answer, but I can’t help connecting her. 

Yeah, that was mentioned. Feel ya.

Could be Candyman for similarities.

59 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah, that was mentioned. Feel ya.

Could be Candyman for similarities.

It’s probably subtler than that. I can word game, but visual clues usually aren’t my forte unless really, really obvious. I tend to make weird associations with images. 

It’s a crest/seal. The link mentions Keough. Has anyone figured it out? 

EDIT: I managed to quote the wrong person!! 

I completely missed this. In my defense, I work retail and you can imagine the joy my life was during this time period. 

Additions to the Mary TM talk:

Weiner filed for a Standard Character Trademark in April 2008 for Bloody Mary for entertainment services in Halloween amusement, namely, a haunted house attraction. This mark was not approved until March 2010. A standard character mark is a mark that trademarks words with no particular style or design. She trademarked the words Bloody Mary for haunted houses. Not her own character, style, or design. 

This is why Mary Agana could be referenced, but not called Bloody Mary. Being unable to use her recognized name, they haven’t used her for anniversary years. 

But...

In 2017, that trademark was cancelled by the Trademark office. It is dead. Bloody Mary is public domain again. 

The trademark was #7740225

Mary really would be the best icon for this year.  I was fortunate enough to go to 18 and the story and website was the best.  Never felt more immersed because of all of the Easter eggs and references throughout the park.  Anyway, Mary was all about two things: Fear and the past.  To take us back through the mirror to look at our past would fit perfect for an anniversary year.  Candy man would also make a lot of sense as he basically is a variation of Bloody Mary.  Keough is for Francis Patrick Keough, he was the archbishop Of Baltimore that used the motto and crest.  Not sure if there is any significance.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DexterAllanCrane said:

Mary really would be the best icon for this year.  I was fortunate enough to go to 18 and the story and website was the best.  Never felt more immersed because of all of the Easter eggs and references throughout the park.  Anyway, Mary was all about two things: Fear and the past.  To take us back through the mirror to look at our past would fit perfect for an anniversary year.  Candy man would also make a lot of sense as he basically is a variation of Bloody Mary.  Keough is for Francis Patrick Keough, he was the archbishop Of Baltimore that used the motto and crest.  Not sure if there is any significance.  

Catholicism relates very much to the Warrens. 

3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

Could we finally get our Conjuring (with Annabelle) house?

First - hello all - long time.. excited to be back reading spec for this year.  

I would LOVE it if they finally got a Conjuring house.  I've said for ages that I thought the original Conjuring movie was the scariest horror movie in 10 years.  I was so disappointed that it was pulled due to legal issues a couple years go.

Other than that - my wish list is the same as it has been for years. I figure if I keep repeating it, maybe some day, one or all of these will happen:

Phantasm - I've wished and wished for this every single year.  I've told TJ and Aiello and David Hughes directly that we needed this.  Hope I planted a seed. 

Stephen King - yes, I know.  I, of all people, know of his resistance to allowing a haunt to do a house based on his stuff.  But, I can still wish.  However, as SK himself says, "Wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills first." 

Bloody Mary - if they were able to bring her back, I would lose my mind

Legendary Truth - how can we have a HUGE anniversary year without LT???

Body Collectors - another version of BC would be great.  We've had SO MUCH FUN in the BC houses previously.  The actors have been amazing, and they all play with us

An original as breathtaking as Winter's Night

A scarezone in Central Park like Grown Evil - one of my faves of all time

Monster of Mayhem Part 2 in Lagoon

And here is my last big one:  A "limited edition HHN only Horror Makeup Show".  I've laid this out many times, but it's a new spec year, so I'll do it again.  Every year at HHN, we walk by the Horror Makeup Show and wonder aloud why this isn't used at a HORROR event.  There are always so many of us asking for more shows.. so why not use one of the best gems they have sitting RIGHT THERE?  Theme the limited edition show to include whatever content is out there for that year.. create a script around that.  Play some clips from the trailers of whatever IPs are being featured that year.  Give a little makeup / FX history in the script for those same IPs.  It's pretty much a no-brainer.. and they would fill that little theater for every single show.  It would also be the humor show we've all been missing since the loss of B&T - but this would be better because the humor would be tailored to the event and the jokes wouldn't be stale.  I presented this idea to A&D last year.. the response was "can I steal that idea?".  YES, YES YOU CAN.  Let's all start hoping now.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I would LOVE it if they finally got a Conjuring house.  I've said for ages that I thought the original Conjuring movie was the scariest horror movie in 10 years.  I was so disappointed that it was pulled due to legal issues a couple years go.

Other than that - my wish list is the same as it has been for years. I figure if I keep repeating it, maybe some day, one or all of these will happen:

Phantasm - I've wished and wished for this every single year.  I've told TJ and Aiello and David Hughes directly that we needed this.  Hope I planted a seed. 

Stephen King - yes, I know.  I, of all people, know of his resistance to allowing a haunt to do a house based on his stuff.  But, I can still wish.  However, as SK himself says, "Wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills first." 

Body Collectors - another version of BC would be great.  We've had SO MUCH FUN in the BC houses previously.  The actors have been amazing, and they all play with us

And here is my last big one:  A "limited edition HHN only Horror Makeup Show".  I've laid this out many times, but it's a new spec year, so I'll do it again.  Every year at HHN, we walk by the Horror Makeup Show and wonder aloud why this isn't used at a HORROR event.  There are always so many of us asking for more shows.. so why not use one of the best gems they have sitting RIGHT THERE?  Theme the limited edition show to include whatever content is out there for that year.. create a script around that.  Play some clips from the trailers of whatever IPs are being featured that year.  Give a little makeup / FX history in the script for those same IPs.  It's pretty much a no-brainer.. and they would fill that little theater for every single show.  It would also be the humor show we've all been missing since the loss of B&T - but this would be better because the humor would be tailored to the event and the jokes wouldn't be stale.  I presented this idea to A&D last year.. the response was "can I steal that idea?".  YES, YES YOU CAN.  Let's all start hoping now.

Conjuring I feel could be a strong bet but could be a facade for something to come along but I do hope for it to happen, Phantasm definitely a classic and should happen for sure at the event in the future, I'd love to go into one of the rooms and immediately see the Tall Man and hear BOOOOOOOOOOOOY! I would be so happy, with the copyright stuff expiring, Bloody Mary could be used, so who knows, maybe Universal might take advantage of it and use it this year in some way. I would love to see the return of Legendary Truth and hopefully bring us clues to what happens after 30. Body Collectors are definitely great but I'm not sure they will have em have a house but definitely return as tradition for the anniversary scarezone. After hearing the new rumors of the new lagoon show, things seem to be very iffy on how it will turn out, definitely nobody wants what is coming to come but Universal definitely really dropped could be dropping the ball if they are doing it this year.

1 hour ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

So much negativity. I'm stoked for the lagoon show personally. 

I'm not so negative about it, honestly there is a bright side to it, this could actual make the lines a bit better for the houses, giving it some thought I might give the show a watch but I just wish they had continue Marathon Of Mayhem, after last year, that was an awesome show and it's just missed opportunity for them to do a part 2 you know. I understand this is probably not their doing but higher ups decision in trying to bring in more attendance and more money to the event, not to mention she is definitely a top star right now so of course they would want to get on that train. It just seems so random and out of the bloom that they'd go this route you know but then again it makes me think of their decision of TWD and then ST, bringing in the fans of those properties to see them and what other things Universal has in their arsenal, so I'm not too negative on it, I'm beginning to understand.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

On 1/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, hunnylvr said:

I'm going through the archives of past events, collecting writing materials, elevations and plans etc. of past events and I'm wondering if there will continue to be a pattern as seen from 9 to 10, 19 to 20 and 29 now to 30 for the 10 year anniversaries.

1. It seems that there is a heavy push of IP the year prior to an anniversary year and then more originals for year 10 and 20. This lends to the opinion that this year may be weak from an (current) IP stand point and the rumor of no ST this year, so it's a perfect time to go in hard on the original content. 

Examples

HHN 9 - The Mummy, Doomsday, Creature Features 3D, Psycho - 4/5 were IP related houses and MotB as the SZ

HHN 10 - Classic Monsters, Dark Torment, Fearhouse, Anxiety in 3D, Total Chaos (All were original/Universal classics) for the SZ's they had Clown Attack, Apocalypse Island, The Gauntlet, Midway of Dr. Morose

HHN 19 - The Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein, Leave it to Cleaver, SAW, Chucky, The Spawning (C.H.U.D.), Silver Screams and for the SZ's they had Containment, Lights Camera Hacktion, Cirque Du Freak, Horrorwood Die-In, Apocalypse, War of the Living Dead and Shadows from the Past (at the end of the event). 

HHN 20 - Everything was original or anniversary

HHN 29 - We went in pretty heavy on big IP last year with RZ, Zombieland, ST, Ghostbusters, etc.

It's interesting how they seem to go all in on IP the year before a 10 year anniversary. It's possible that each 10 year anniversary label is enough to sell tickets and HHN can use this time to further the roots of their lore.

2. There will most likely be an anniversary house (obviously).

3. There will most likely be an icon or a celebration of multiple icons.

4. Keep in mind, these anniversaries are coming:

30th: Tremors, Gremlins 2, The Exorcist 3

40th: Friday the 13th

60th: Psycho

5. With Birds of Prey coming out, do you think Chance will make an appearance to play off of the Harley Quinn similarities?

I'm sure more common threads will appear when others dig deeper.

Edited by Ringwraith
More thoughts
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I'm going through the archives of past events, collecting writing materials, elevations and plans etc. of past events and I'm wondering if there will continue to be a pattern as seen from 9 to 10, 19 to 20 and 29 now to 30 for the 10 year anniversaries.

1. It seems that there is a heavy push of IP the year prior to an anniversary year and then more originals for year 10 and 20. This lends to the opinion that this year may be weak from an (current) IP stand point and the rumor of no ST this year, so it's a perfect time to go in hard on the original content. 

Examples

HHN 9 - The Mummy, Doomsday, Creature Features 3D, Psycho - 4/5 were IP related houses and MotB as the SZ

HHN 10 - Classic Monsters, Dark Torment, Fearhouse, Anxiety in 3D, Total Chaos (All were original/Universal classics) for the SZ's they had Clown Attack, Apocalypse Island, The Gauntlet, Midway of Dr. Morose

HHN 19 - The Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein, Leave it to Cleaver, SAW, Chucky, The Spawning (C.H.U.D.), Silver Screams and for the SZ's they had Containment, Lights Camera Hacktion, Cirque Du Freak, Horrorwood Die-In, Apocalypse, War of the Living Dead and Shadows from the Past (at the end of the event). 

HHN 20 - Everything was original or anniversary

HHN 29 - We went in pretty heavy on big IP last year with RZ, Zombieland, ST, Ghostbusters, etc.

It's interesting how they seem to go all in on IP the year before a 10 year anniversary. It's possible that each 10 year anniversary label is enough to sell tickets and HHN can use this time to further the roots of their lore.

2. There will most likely be an anniversary house (obviously).

3. There will most likely be an icon or a celebration of multiple icons.

4. Keep in mind, these anniversaries are coming:

30th: Tremors, Gremlins 2, The Exorcist 3

40th: Friday the 13th

60th: Psycho

5. With Birds of Prey coming out, do you think Chance will make an appearance to play off of the Harley Quinn similarities?

I'm sure more common threads will appear when others dig deeper.

Even 25 was a little more original slanted than 24. It makes sense that they would want to get IPs out of the way and save their best original concepts for the next year.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

On 11/1/2019 at 2:25 AM, Sinfear said:

I really want to see some video game horror houses. Here are some I really would love as houses-
Dead By Daylight 

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard 

Resident Evil 4

The Evil Within 

Dead Space

Agony

Outlast

Until Dawn

Dead Island

Welcome to the Game 2

DOOM 2016

Slender: The Arrival

I'd love to see a house for The Last of US, Seeds was similar to The Last of Us and proves the concept works really well for a house 

• Like 5

Been MIA for awhile. Just read through the four pages. There's a lot I could talk about through all of that, but what stood out to me most was AHS. I like the show and the two houses HHN had, although is it back on the table? Last I heard Disney owns the rights after the Fox acquisition. I thought that made it off limits.

Also, I forget who it was, but someone had a Beetlejuice house on their wishlist. Can we please go ahead and make that official? Everything else would be icing on the cake if there was a Beetlejuice house.

• Like 1

Been a long time “lurker” on these forums.  This place is one of best sources for info for HHN.

This is the first year that I can remember that I can’t even have an educated guess as to what houses are going to be here this year.
      Maybe 30 year anniversary house... And that’s about it... Maybe Hellraiser? I can’t even say that those are educated guesses.

I know what I would like to see, but I don’t believe in getting my hopes up. (*Fingers crossed* Horror made here doesn’t return)

I am also afraid that people “in the know” will be tight lipped after what happened last year (losing GoT... which I was super fine with)     So I have a strong feeling information won’t be as easily available as previous years.
     What do you all think? Am I being to negative or realistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Pyconn84 said:

Been a long time “lurker” on these forums.  This place is one of best sources for info for HHN.

This is the first year that I can remember that I can’t even have an educated guess as to what houses are going to be here this year.
      Maybe 30 year anniversary house... And that’s about it... Maybe Hellraiser? I can’t even say that those are educated guesses.

I know what I would like to see, but I don’t believe in getting my hopes up. (*Fingers crossed* Horror made here doesn’t return)

I am also afraid that people “in the know” will be tight lipped after what happened last year (losing GoT... which I was super fine with)     So I have a strong feeling information won’t be as easily available as previous years.

I would agree, but it's kinda hard to say because when thinking about spec the last couple years I'm remembering ~March-April. And it's January. So the event could be quite clear by April. But I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct--I had a feeling this year could be hard to figure out when they announced ST was both 2 and 3.

I do not want a 30 year anniversary house, unless it's purely focused on the icons. I would much rather see just a few houses get fully fleshed out sequels than a whole bunch of houses thrown together in one anniversary house without any new story/elements. Why 25 didn't look very appealing to me.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

5 hours ago, Pyconn84 said:

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but by GoT, do you mean Game of Thrones? And if so, can you please explain how far along it was?

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic