Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

Knowing that the HHN Creative team already has HHN30 mapped out (generally speaking) I am pretty sure we  are going to get a house from J Peele (Candyman).  This has been my thought since the announcement between Peele and Universal was made and Peele is producing Candyman (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9347730/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_3)

AHS 1984 seems perfect for the event and has a history.

A Mashup house for Freddy/Jason/M.Meyers could be on the table for an anniversary party along with an Icon mashup or straight Icon house.  Really hope they have an Icon for this coming year!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, USHER6998 said:

So after carefully thinking about this for a few weeks the line up I would love to see is

1. Jordan peele’s candyman

2. The conjuring universe

3. Nightmare on elm street 

4. 30 anniversary house

5. scarecrow Sequel

6. Slaughter sinema sequel

7. Leave it to cleaver sequel

8. Body collectors sequel

9. OG house

10. OG house

scarezones

1. The final purge

2. Saw

3. Icons

4. OG

5. OG

shows: 

1. Lagoon show

2. Bill and Ted : Reunion Tour feat. AOV

Could definitely do without NOES, Saw and Purge.  

You had me at 7 originals and the two shows.

But hell, give me that and the other three houses can all be Walking Dead for all I care.

But I will say again that the 30th cannot go by without Terra Cruentus playing a non-minor role.  The prophecies don't have the Terra Queen just stopping by to say "Hey" in a scarezone.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Could definitely do without NOES, Saw and Purge.  

You had me at 7 originals and the two shows.

But hell, give me that and the other three houses can all be Walking Dead for all I care.

But I will say again that the 30th cannot go by without Terra Cruentus playing a non-minor role.  The prophecies don't have the Terra Queen just stopping by to say "Hey" in a scarezone.

One of the 2 OG houses I planned would be a terra house I just didn’t know what to call it lol and I put saw and purge as scarezones because I feel like saw might be unique on the streets and not waste a whole house slot and the purge because supposedly the final purge is coming out next year and i feel purge works better in the streets then a house but absolutely agree we don’t need more purge lol 

also while Freddy is one of my favorite slashers I would rather see hellraiser have that spot since it’s something new but not sure who holds the rights to it. 

Edited by USHER6998
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, USHER6998 said:

One of the 2 OG houses I planned would be a terra house I just didn’t know what to call it lol and I put saw and purge as scarezones because I feel like saw might be unique on the streets and not waste a whole house slot and the purge because supposedly the final purge is coming out next year and i feel purge works better in the streets then a house but absolutely agree we don’t need more purge lol 

also while Freddy is one of my favorite slashers I would rather see hellraiser have that spot since it’s something new but not sure who holds the rights to it. 

I now have a full treatment going for my goofy idea, "The Dungeon of Terra-Cruentus" that I should post in the creative thread, and it's a little more developed than what's below; but here's what I first sketched out for the random scene ideas I had in the early-going:

1. ENTER - Dungeon Wall Facade (2 actors = Eelmouth on top of the dungeon entrance, watching over a captive Storyteller suspended in a cage, who is being forced to read a new chapter in Cruentus's history)
2. Spider Room (1-2 actors = dying monk, combating monk/soldier)
3*. Spider hallway half-room with animatronic
4. Rat Lady Chamber (probably stopped seeing the Rat Lady at HHN for a multitude of safety/ethical reasons, so not an exact replica of this room but a twist of some sort)
5. Dining Room/Chainsaw Sacrifice
6. Sacrificial Chamber - Terra Queen using her knife on a victim actor
7. Skool in the Graveyard (3 actors = tombstone scare kids)
8. Bridge Back to the Dungeon (Knucklegrunt actors & static figures lurk in the "waters" here)
9. Body Collectors Dungeon Takeover (classic DoT & Collector gags here - hanging man, spine rip, etc...)
10. Body Collectors Dungeon Takeover 2 (more aggressive Collectors in tighter spaces here)
11. Finale - Terra Queen is sacrificed to complete the cycle, Queen's bike-prop scares guests as they pass by exiting the house

Soundstage 24, maybe? I only thought that because my idea for the facade is fairly close in scope/style to Scary Tales: DEA. That or a parade building could probably house it too, considering how tall the scenery reached in Monsters & Graveyard Games this year. 

None of this will likely happen. But this would be a sweet, gory, delicious trip back in time. 

Edited by FaceBagman
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, FaceBagman said:

I now have a full treatment going for my goofy idea, "The Dungeon of Terra-Cruentus" that I should post in the creative thread, and it's a little more developed than what's below; but here's what I first sketched out for the random scene ideas I had in the early-going:

1. ENTER - Dungeon Wall Facade (2 actors = Eelmouth on top of the dungeon entrance, watching over a captive Storyteller suspended in a cage, who is being forced to read a new chapter in Cruentus's history)
4. Rat Lady Chamber (probably stopped seeing the Rat Lady at HHN for a multitude of safety/ethical reasons, so not an exact replica of this room but a twist of some sort)
8. Bridge Back to the Dungeon (Knucklegrunt actors & static figures lurk in the "waters" here)
9. Body Collectors Dungeon Takeover (classic DoT & Collector gags here - hanging man, spine rip, etc...)
10. Body Collectors Dungeon Takeover 2 (more aggressive Collectors in tighter spaces here)
11. Finale - Terra Queen is sacrificed to complete the cycle, Queen's bike-prop scares guests as they pass by exiting the house

Soundstage 24, maybe? I only thought that because my idea for the facade is fairly close in scope/style to Scary Tales: DEA. That or a parade building could probably house it too, considering how tall the scenery reached in Monsters & Graveyard Games this year. 

None of this will likely happen. But this would be a sweet, gory, delicious trip back in time. 

That would be absolutely incredible and I love the idea of having the body collectors in here instead of their own house! Makes room for a new OG or a sequel!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

That would be absolutely incredible and I love the idea of having the body collectors in here instead of their own house! Makes room for a new OG or a sequel!

Exactly what I was going for! The Collectors are actually one of my favorite HHN originals, but I don't mind them going back to their roots as supporting characters in the TC story.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FaceBagman said:

Zombie Approved!

I was thinking just last week - how could they represent all of Terra Cruentus in a single house.  This comes pretty damn close.  I like having the Storyteller being tortured - nice twist.

I was thinking about the Terror Mines - clearly it wouldn't make sense for us to have helmets for just one room, but what if that room had actors wearing the helmets being mutilated by the monsters who then go after us?  I mean, seeing Terror Mines from a third person perspective.  Kind of like how we saw the kids being attacked in Graveyard Games.

I'd also like to see the Gorewood Forest and blood being extracted to create iron.  Some stuff from Saws & Steam comes to mind.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

Zombie Approved!

I was thinking just last week - how could they represent all of Terra Cruentus in a single house.  This comes pretty damn close.  I like having the Storyteller being tortured - nice twist.

I was thinking about the Terror Mines - clearly it wouldn't make sense for us to have helmets for just one room, but what if that room had actors wearing the helmets being mutilated by the monsters who then go after us?  I mean, seeing Terror Mines from a third person perspective.  Kind of like how we saw the kids being attacked in Graveyard Games.

I'd also like to see the Gorewood Forest and blood being extracted to create iron.  Some stuff from Saws & Steam comes to mind.

My idea is pretty similar. Would be in SS25. This is because a zone similar to Iron Bone Gorge would be in NY.

In order:

Terra Throne

Demon Cantina

The Skool

Cemetery Mines

Body Collectors

Blood Ruins

Terror Mines

Terra Throne

Roughly how the cycle works. You would exit through the same room you enter.

"Terra Cruentus: Cycle of Blood"

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I wish there was still a chance to have Titans Of Terror house with Freddy, Jason, Michael and Leatherface featuring a best of each of their houses from the past would have been a cool idea.

Halloween 2018 should be a perfect opportunity to make it's presence for 30 since they have the beginning of the house be for Halloween 2018 and then end it with a sneak peek into the new Halloween film, it would be a cool opportunity to promote the new film.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, USHER6998 said:

I thought I read something not to long ago that Bloody Mary is public domain

Oh dear God...  Yeah, there was a crapload of discussion on this back in 2010.  There was even more back in 2008....but those were the days of HHN Vault.

A trademark search shows that Bobbie Weiner still holds an active trademark (she just re-filed) but the purposes are related to drinks (ale, wine, spirits, etc), make-up and jewelry.  There was (and may still be) a huge line of prosthetics and makeup under the name Bloody Mary.  I still have a 20 year old bottle of Bloody Mary stage blood.  I don't have a clue as to why I still have that...

One would think that when used for other purposes the name can be used - but way back in the day (2008), she filed a TM violation against Universal even though her TMs were for makeup back then.  Word was that there was no license agreement.   One could argue that BM drinks and jewelry were sold.  I think it was the first year that they had the jello shot "blood bags" and of course there were HHN keychains and pins with the BM image, but not the words "Bloody Mary".  The argument was that HHN was not marketing the name itself; it was a name assigned to a character at the event, based on a public domain legend - HHN created her image; there was no generally accepted representation of BM prior to that.  Then came HHN 2010 and no BM appearance in the icon zone.  Heck, no mention of her at all by Universal - presumably because Universal didn't want to pay to use her.

Really, aside from the commercial and early marketing materials, there was really no mention of the name Bloody Mary at the 2008 event.  The subsequent promos and marketing materials really revolved around the catchphrase "Say my name!" in connection with a mirror.  People's minds connected the dots pretty well.

Shortly after the 2008 event, Bobbi Weiner's website was updated to mention that HHN and other haunts licensed the name (which resulted in a head injuries on the forums due to excessive eye rolling).

Then in 2015, she launched a press release stating that she is formally licensing the name to haunts.  So did that mean that she finally had the legal backing to do so?  Because that was the first press release following the whole fiasco.  

So what does this all mean for HHN 30?  Universal no doubt can bring BM back.....for a price.  At this point, BM ultimately played a pretty minor role in the much bigger (and I'd argue more interesting) Legendary Truth universe.  The Reflections of Fear house was not well received.  But Legendary Truth: Wyandot Estate house was a fan favorite.  If you could bring back BM for a licensing fee or the next chapter of Legendary Truth with no associated fee, I think the choice is clear as to what would be better for the fans of HHN and the bean counters of Universal.

For anyone who didn't get to experience HHN 18's use of Bloody Mary (and the last great slow-roll HHN website reveal....RIP), this is a wonderful telling of how she was woven in to each and every house.  Warning: it becomes name soup toward the middle, as the web becomes thick.  Upon listening to it, I had no idea how deeply interwoven the story was.

By the way, one of the most important characters in that year's story was installed in the park in 2008 and remains to this day.  See if you can spot it next time you're in the park.

Bob Shuster Universal Orlando Halloween Horror

On 11/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, zombieman said:

Oh dear God...  Yeah, there was a crapload of discussion on this back in 2010.  There was even more back in 2008....but those were the days of HHN Vault.

A trademark search shows that Bobbie Weiner still holds an active trademark (she just re-filed) but the purposes are related to drinks (ale, wine, spirits, etc), make-up and jewelry.  There was (and may still be) a huge line of prosthetics and makeup under the name Bloody Mary.  I still have a 20 year old bottle of Bloody Mary stage blood.  I don't have a clue as to why I still have that...

One would think that when used for other purposes the name can be used - but way back in the day (2008), she filed a TM violation against Universal even though her TMs were for makeup back then.  Word was that there was no license agreement.   One could argue that BM drinks and jewelry were sold.  I think it was the first year that they had the jello shot "blood bags" and of course there were HHN keychains and pins with the BM image, but not the words "Bloody Mary".  The argument was that HHN was not marketing the name itself; it was a name assigned to a character at the event, based on a public domain legend - HHN created her image; there was no generally accepted representation of BM prior to that.  Then came HHN 2010 and no BM appearance in the icon zone.  Heck, no mention of her at all by Universal - presumably because Universal didn't want to pay to use her.

Really, aside from the commercial and early marketing materials, there was really no mention of the name Bloody Mary at the 2008 event.  The subsequent promos and marketing materials really revolved around the catchphrase "Say my name!" in connection with a mirror.  People's minds connected the dots pretty well.

Shortly after the 2008 event, Bobbi Weiner's website was updated to mention that HHN and other haunts licensed the name (which resulted in a head injuries on the forums due to excessive eye rolling).

Then in 2015, she launched a press release stating that she is formally licensing the name to haunts.  So did that mean that she finally had the legal backing to do so?  Because that was the first press release following the whole fiasco.  

So what does this all mean for HHN 30?  Universal no doubt can bring BM back.....for a price.  At this point, BM ultimately played a pretty minor role in the much bigger (and I'd argue more interesting) Legendary Truth universe.  The Reflections of Fear house was not well received.  But Legendary Truth: Wyandot Estate house was a fan favorite.  If you could bring back BM for a licensing fee or the next chapter of Legendary Truth with no associated fee, I think the choice is clear as to what would be better for the fans of HHN and the bean counters of Universal.

For anyone who didn't get to experience HHN 18's use of Bloody Mary (and the last great slow-roll HHN website reveal....RIP), this is a wonderful telling of how she was woven in to each and every house.  Warning: it becomes name soup toward the middle, as the web becomes thick.  Upon listening to it, I had no idea how deeply interwoven the story was.

By the way, one of the most important characters in that year's story was installed in the park in 2008 and remains to this day.  See if you can spot it next time you're in the park.

Bob Shuster Universal Orlando Halloween Horror

Wyandot Estate was a fan favorite? I've heard differently.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

I'm sorry this is my remastered speculation for HHN 30

Event Icons

1. Bone (Event Icon)
  2. Jack the Clown
  3. Chance
  4. Eddie
  5. The Caretaker
  6. The Director
  7. The Usher
  8. Lady Luck
  9. Fear
  10. Terra Queen

Haunted Houses

I.Ps

1. American Horror story: Volume 3 (Cult/Apocalypse/1984) (Soundstage 25)

2. Doctor Sleep (Soundtsage 22)

3. Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Season 3) (Second Parade Building)

4. Zombieland (Sounstage 24)

5. Creepshow (Shrek Theater)

6. Jordan Peele's Candyman (Soundtsgae 24)

Originals

1. Bone Presents: 30 Years of Fear and Darkness (Parade Building)

2. Dead Markets: Shopping of doom (MIB Tent)

3. Dark Fantasy world of Halloween (Sprung Tent 1)

4. Anarch-Cade: Arcade Game World of Madness (Sprung Tent 2)

Scarezones

1. Ashes from the Past of Horror Nights (Hollywood)

2. Slaughter Sinema: All cult movies of Terror (Plaza of Stars)

3. Goths lair of DOOM! (Central Park)

4. Killer Klowns From Outer Space: 3D Klown world (San Francisco)

5. The Purge Invasion! (New York)

Live shows

1. Bones Crypt of Terror (Mel's Drive In)

2. Academy of Villains: Undead Realms (Fear Factor Stage)

3. Halloween Marathon of Mayhem: Volume 2 (Lagoon show)

Chainsaw Roaming Hordes

1. Reapers (Aside next to the Transformers Ride)

2. Creepy Dolls (South Street)

3. Clowns (Springfield U.S.A.)

What I meant Bone as the Event Icon for HHN 30 is that he is that skeleton stiltwalker, from the scarezone Festival of The Deadliest from HHN 27. Nut it would be great if he was the Icon for HHN 30. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just really for the originals to outweigh the ips a bit or just 50/50 but giving the acknowledgement a little more to the originals as well, I'd love for them to feature the icons in the promotional material and commercial like they have done in the past and almost like what Howl O Scream had somewhat done with their anniversary this year with multiple icons from the past being used in posters and etc. while also promoting the ips as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm all for the multiple icons, but only when it makes sense.

20th, 25th - made sense to bring them back.

30th might make sense.  I 

But sweet 16?  Making up a story just to get the icons together...I don't know.  And to use that to honor the very first HHN house.  So strange.

Personally, I think the 10 year anniversaries are fine for an icon party; 35th, 45th seems a bit much.

Maybe if there was some new icons....  (and sorry, Bone is not an icon in my book)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, zombieman said:

I'm all for the multiple icons, but only when it makes sense.

20th, 25th - made sense to bring them back.

30th might make sense.  I 

But sweet 16?  Making up a story just to get the icons together...I don't know.  And to use that to honor the very first HHN house.  So strange.

Personally, I think the 10 year anniversaries are fine for an icon party; 35th, 45th seems a bit much.

Maybe if there was some new icons....  (and sorry, Bone is not an icon in my book)

Yeah, but that's the thing with the use of ips now more and more, the event itself is the icon, and the ips being the icons as well which sorta stinks, I just hope we could get one year with just the originals and pay homage the past even though the ips have become more and more renown and getting more and more people into the event, the many fans of the past would still love for the past to be acknowledge a little more and wanting to have an icon to help shape the event more, Fear was a try even though it didn't go as planned but they could have gotten another idea than continuously going back to Jack you know, the other icons definitely deserve their spotlight and not in the shadows. 

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic