Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:34 PM, LucasKLeeEsq said:

Would I be crazy for hoping that Bill & Ted comes back this year? Think about it.

-First off, the 3rd movie comes out next year.

-Then there’s the whole Keanu hype going on right now.

-Their phone booth was brought out this year and put in the event. Maybe as a tease that it could come back?

-This year will totally do a lot with tradition and B&T were a 26 year old tradition. What better year to come back?

-It can be marketed as their reunion tour. Plus it would have MCR in their finale, how great would that be?

Obviously it’s all wishful thinking, but I would spend more nights there if they did come back. Especially now that The Hanging at Knott’s just had their final ending show after 44 years. Theme park parody shows are officially RIP rn.

It should be mentioned that Universal sent out a survey during HHN this year.  Among the questions was: Have you seen the Bill & Ted show at past HHNs?  You don't put a question like that on a survey if you are just teasing people.  So personally, I think there is definitely hope.

As for The Hanging, I know there is speculation (I noted it in my Haunt review).  Where have you heard that it is officially done?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:05 PM, DexterAllanCrane said:

To make a very long complicated story short: 

HHN XV featured the Storyteller as the icon telling the story of Terra Cruentus and the Terra Queen who ruled over the land.  She was like a sub-icon for the year.  I believe part of the reason for this was Creative felt she was not very marketable and so created the storyteller.  All the mazes were tied into a giant story that involved the forging of a blade that was used nightly to “sacrifice” a victim.  The final night of XV the Terra Queen Sacrificed herself but basically made a “prophecy” she would return in 15 years ,eg  HHN30.  There is Soooooo much more to this story so advise you to look it up.  Also one of the best HHN websites they ever did. 

Side note:  My dog Terra is named for her royal highness the Terra Queen

I'll second the suggestion to look up the story behind the event.  It was incredible.  This was when HHN took place in IOA, yet they used three of the nearby soundstages.  Everyone was coming off of the Lord of the Rings trilogy along with the second Hobbit movie released the year before, so as the site was coming to life, many (including me) were rolling our eyes saying it looked like they were trying to do a LOTR themed event.  It was anything but.  Between the look of Jurassic Park area and Lost Continent (before potter moved in), the park was ideal for what they did.  They even managed to make it seem like you weren't in Marvel Island (mostly).

HHN 30 must - MUST - have some reference to Terra Queen.  Even though they came up with this under Michael J Roddy (who preceded TJ Mariano who preceded Mike Aiello) the people currently running HHN are well aware of the prophecy and won't let the 30th go by without paying homage.  I have zero doubt about that.

Personally, I'd love it if they somehow were able to use Lost Continent area of IOA for HHN 30 - had it become Terra Curentus complete with a house, even though there was no house in that area for HHN 15.   But they do have the Sinbad theater at their disposal...   And since it's so near, imagine if they had Hagrid open during HHN.  

A guy can dream...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I'll second the suggestion to look up the story behind the event.  It was incredible.  This was when HHN took place in IOA, yet they used three of the nearby soundstages.  Everyone was coming off of the Lord of the Rings trilogy along with the second Hobbit movie released the year before, so as the site was coming to life, many (including me) were rolling our eyes saying it looked like they were trying to do a LOTR themed event.  It was anything but.  Between the look of Jurassic Park area and Lost Continent (before potter moved in), the park was ideal for what they did.  They even managed to make it seem like you weren't in Marvel Island (mostly).

HHN 30 must - MUST - have some reference to Terra Queen.  Even though they came up with this under Michael J Roddy (who preceded TJ Mariano who preceded Mike Aiello) the people currently running HHN are well aware of the prophecy and won't let the 30th go by without paying homage.  I have zero doubt about that.

Personally, I'd love it if they somehow were able to use Lost Continent area of IOA for HHN 30 - had it become Terra Curentus complete with a house, even though there was no house in that area for HHN 15.   But they do have the Sinbad theater at their disposal...   And since it's so near, imagine if they had Hagrid open during HHN.  

A guy can dream...

One crazy idea I had was both parks open for HHN 30, and Terra Queen and Jack are battling each other for the honor of being 30's Icon. You can choose a side: Carey, Ohio (Studio, Jack's Side) or Terra Cruentes (IOA, Terra Queen's Side). 10 houses at Studio, then 6 at IOA for a total of 16 houses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

A guy can dream...

I'm as big a Potter fan as you'll come across (strongly prefer it to Star Wars) and I still miss Lost Continent.

(The Hobbit trilogy was still seven years away--I'd like to pretend it never happened though.)

Anyway, I'm envisioning Iron Bone Gorge in New York, and a house in SS25, that would basically go clockwise through the world map covering the cycle of the blade, ending with the Throne.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

This is My Speculation for Halloween Horror Nights 30

Haunted Houses

1. American Horror Story: Volume 3 (Cult/Apocalypse/1984) (MIB Tent)
  2. Stephen Kings: Doctor Sleeps (Soundstage 22)
  3. GhostBusters 3 (2020) (Soundstage 25)
  4. Creepshow (Soundstage 24)
  5. Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Season 3) (Parade Building 2)
  6. Zombieland Double Tap (Shrek Theater)
  7. Bone Presents : 30 Years of Fear and Darkness (Original) (Parade Building 1)
  8. Dead Markets (Original) (Soundstage 24)
  9. Dark fantasy World of Halloween (Original) (Sprung Tent 1)
  10. Arcade Lair of Madness (Original) (Sprung Tent 2)

Scarezones

1. Bones Ashes from the Past of Horror Nights (Original) (Hollywood Boulevard)
  2. Slaughter Sinema: All cult movies of Terror! (Original) (Plaza of Stars)
  3. Nightmare Klown Circus (Original) (San Francisco)
  4. Goths Lair of DOOM! (Original) (Central Park)
  5. The Purge 5 (New York)

Roaming Chainsaw Hordes 

1. Chainsaw Reapers (Simpson Springfield)
  2. Chainsaw Spooky Dolls (South Street)

Live shows

1. Bones Crypt of Terror (Original) (Mel's Drive in Stage)
  2. Academy of Villains: Undead Realms (Fear Factor Stage)
  3. Halloween Marathon of Mayhem Volume 2 (Studio Lagoon)

Icon for HHN 30

Bone from (Festival of the Deadliest) latest?cb=20190407154054

That's my Speculation. What do you Boil and Ghouls think?

Can you comment back to me and tell me what are your thoughts of my speculation, please? 

It would make me smile like a skeleton.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Klowns said:

This is My Speculation for Halloween Horror Nights 30

Haunted Houses

1. American Horror Story: Volume 3 (Cult/Apocalypse/1984) (MIB Tent)
  2. Stephen Kings: Doctor Sleeps (Soundstage 22)
  3. GhostBusters 3 (2020) (Soundstage 25)
  4. Creepshow (Soundstage 24)
  5. Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Season 3) (Parade Building 2)
  6. Zombieland Double Tap (Shrek Theater)
  7. Bone Presents : 30 Years of Fear and Darkness (Original) (Parade Building 1)
  8. Dead Markets (Original) (Soundstage 24)
  9. Dark fantasy World of Halloween (Original) (Sprung Tent 1)
  10. Arcade Lair of Madness (Original) (Sprung Tent 2)

Scarezones

1. Bones Ashes from the Past of Horror Nights (Original) (Hollywood Boulevard)
  2. Slaughter Sinema: All cult movies of Terror! (Original) (Plaza of Stars)
  3. Nightmare Klown Circus (Original) (San Francisco)
  4. Goths Lair of DOOM! (Original) (Central Park)
  5. The Purge 5 (New York)

Roaming Chainsaw Hordes 

1. Chainsaw Reapers (Simpson Springfield)
  2. Chainsaw Spooky Dolls (South Street)

Live shows

1. Bones Crypt of Terror (Original) (Mel's Drive in Stage)
  2. Academy of Villains: Undead Realms (Fear Factor Stage)
  3. Halloween Marathon of Mayhem Volume 2 (Studio Lagoon)

Icon for HHN 30

Bone from (Festival of the Deadliest) latest?cb=20190407154054

That's my Speculation. What do you Boil and Ghouls think?

Can you comment back to me and tell me what are your thoughts of my speculation, please? 

It would make me smile like a skeleton.

I really hope GB3 doesn't happen. :wacko:

• Like 1

I am ready for another AHS house to be honest. 
  I think we might be getting more Ip then Originals next year.  

I doubt that they would do 2 parks for hhn for 2 months. 
 Maybe if it was 5 weeks maybe and had midnight closures. 
  There isn't enough time to turn over the park and keep up the parks during hhn. 

1 hour ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I made this for speculation for HHN 30

latest?cb=20191108021252

Icon 

Bone

I.P House for HHN 30 Hopefully

1. AHS (Cult/Apocalypse/1984)

2. Stephen Kings: Doctor Sleep

3. Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Season 3)

4. Zombieland Double Tap

5. GhostBusters 3 (2020)

6. Creepshow

would you agree to this, with me for HHN 30?

• Like 2

So for this Original House 

Bone Presents: 30 Years of Fear and Darkness

That its gonna be inside the Parade Building 1

The Outside face should show Pile of Bones. and a Skeleton Fortress that has Bone's throne. and two banners that have a sign that has "XXX" meaning 30 Years. The Inside of the facade should be A an entrance to a castle that represents Dracula: Legacy of Blood. So these are the represented houses from the pass.

House Represented

Dracula: Legacy of Blood (2009)

Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery (2011)

Gothic (2012)

DollHouse: of the Damned (2014)

Scarecrow: The Reaping (2017)

Seeds of Extinction (2018)

Yeti: Terror of the Yukon (2019)

Bone's Lair (Original/New)

That's it.

SO what do you guys think about this idea?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, zombieman said:

It should be mentioned that Universal sent out a survey during HHN this year.  Among the questions was: Have you seen the Bill & Ted show at past HHNs?  You don't put a question like that on a survey if you are just teasing people.  So personally, I think there is definitely hope.

As for The Hanging, I know there is speculation (I noted it in my Haunt review).  Where have you heard that it is officially done?

That’s good news! I really hope the Wyld Stallyns return this year.

The Hanging is definitely over.

-The first sign was the ending of this year’s show

-After the second weekend, they started putting up an “R.I.P. The Hanging 1975-2019” sign after the show

-Halfway through October, the cast was told that it’s over so basically to go find something else to do this season next year

-At the very last hanging, instead of playing “We’ll Meet Again”, they played “Goodbye, Goodbye” by Oingo Boing

6 minutes ago, LucasKLeeEsq said:

That’s good news! I really hope the Wyld Stallyns return this year.

The Hanging is definitely over.

-The first sign was the ending of this year’s show

-After the second weekend, they started putting up an “R.I.P. The Hanging 1975-2019” sign after the show

-Halfway through October, the cast was told that it’s over so basically to go find something else to do this season next year

-At the very last hanging, instead of playing “We’ll Meet Again”, they played “Goodbye, Goodbye” by Oingo Boing

Damn!  I went near opening weekend, so I missed the sign and of course Boingo.  Yes, that definitely sounds like the end.

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Disney ain't budging folks.

As mentioned on the IU thread, they're running dry on IPs.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

On 11/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Disney ain't budging folks.

As mentioned on the IU thread, they're running dry on IPs.

We might be running out of good Ip's but there is are plenty of untapped waters of indie or Asian horror films. 
 I mean if you want to think about it all they really need is  one major IP and smaller one to draw in huge crowds. 
 If they switch up the Ip numbers this next year we could got back to our roots of Originals, which is pretty good especially because I think Nat is in good spot to make some good choices for mazes.  He was apart of the team for few years now. They just promotion him to someone spot In Creative.  He was mainly in Graveyard Games last year. 
  I think we should get fresh faces after maybe 7 years.   Like Charles Gray's  first house was Doll house of the damned? 
   I don't know why there was Dark night scarecrow mask sold in the parks. I think it was hinting at the return of Scarecrow in some way or shape. Maybe  This is going to be Mike Aiello great send off year? 
 He did make that Scare crow  Icon remember?  I hope it happens because after two years in the 80's I want out. Unless there is 80's Richard Simmons scarezone plans for 2020 in the  south st/ sting alley? where he could be on the stage and working out with a cult zone. 
 We got a fashion street this year, why not?

• Like 3

My Speculation

Lead Icons: Terra Queen & Fear

Supporting Icons: Jack, Chance, Eddie, Storyteller, Director, Caretaker, Usher & Cindy

Houses:

1. Stranger Things
  2. Zombieland
  3. Beetlejuice
  4. Conjuring Universe
  5. Candyman (2020)
  6. Titans of Terror (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface & Michael)
  7. Terror Mines 2
  8. 30th anniversary house
  9. Anarcade
  10. Original house

Scare Zones:

1. Icons photo-op
  2. Terra's Lair
  3. Original
  4. Stranger Things
  5. Zombieland

Shows:

1. Terra Queen Returns (Opening scaremony )
  2. Academy of Villains
  3. Bill & Ted's Excellent Reunion Tour!
  4. 30th Anniversary lagoon show
Edited by hhnfan95
  • Like 3

On 11/10/2019 at 9:05 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

We might be running out of good Ip's but there is are plenty of untapped waters of indie or Asian horror films. 

When I read this, what came to mind was some of the very cool houses and scarezones they have done in HHN Singapore, based on Asian folklore.

This site has great detail of every year as well as photos and video.

Although I've never been to any of them, HHN4 is the one I wish I could have attended.  What they did for an icon was so cool, complete with media gifts, and an incredible opening ceremony.

They have shied away from IP for the most part (but of course they did Stranger Things).  

This place is on my bucket list, for sure.

They used Jack one year but otherwise use original icons, and they usually have website games like HHN Orlando used to.

Really, USS HHN is like the golden age of Orlando - no corporate synergy to dictate what you can and cannot do.

What I'm getting at is - there is a lot of untapped potential of ideas that have been successfully presented in Universal parks besides Orlando and Hollywood.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnnyawesomev1 said:

Well, this year they were selling these little Jack The Clown skull plaques that say HHN and a fully colored Jack bust in the Prop store. Maybe they’re teasing the return of Jack for HHN 30????

I've seen those plaques in multiple years.  Might be a tease; I doubt we will make it through 30 without an appearance by at least Jack.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, zombieman said:

When I read this, what came to mind was some of the very cool houses and scarezones they have done in HHN Singapore, based on Asian folklore.

This site has great detail of every year as well as photos and video.

Although I've never been to any of them, HHN4 is the one I wish I could have attended.  What they did for an icon was so cool, complete with media gifts, and an incredible opening ceremony.

They have shied away from IP for the most part (but of course they did Stranger Things).  

This place is on my bucket list, for sure.

They used Jack one year but otherwise use original icons, and they usually have website games like HHN Orlando used to.

Really, USS HHN is like the golden age of Orlando - no corporate synergy to dictate what you can and cannot do.

What I'm getting at is - there is a lot of untapped potential of ideas that have been successfully presented in Universal parks besides Orlando and Hollywood.  

I would love to see the Puppet Master come to Orlando as an icon! They are so creative at HHN Singapore!

So after carefully thinking about this for a few weeks the line up I would love to see is

1. Jordan peele’s candyman

2. The conjuring universe

3. Nightmare on elm street 

4. 30 anniversary house

5. scarecrow Sequel

6. Slaughter sinema sequel

7. Leave it to cleaver sequel

8. Body collectors sequel

9. OG house

10. OG house

scarezones

1. The final purge

2. Saw

3. Icons

4. OG

5. OG

shows: 

1. Lagoon show

2. Bill and Ted : Reunion Tour feat. AOV

• Like 2

2 hours ago, USHER6998 said:

So after carefully thinking about this for a few weeks the line up I would love to see is

1. Jordan peele’s candyman

2. The conjuring universe

3. Nightmare on elm street 

4. 30 anniversary house

5. scarecrow Sequel

6. Slaughter sinema sequel

7. Leave it to cleaver sequel

8. Body collectors sequel

9. OG house

10. OG house

scarezones

1. The final purge