Halloween Horror Nights 30 Speculation

Mark M.

Just gonna say it's a suuuuper random inclusion to sell Dark Night of the Scarecrow masks at the merch stands this year. I doubt it means anything though. Did rights to that come with some other movie Uni procured for this year? 

I want to see icons, as I think most of us will. Would especially love a house where the Director & Usher team up, be it a famous film mashup like their previous houses or totally original.

Screamhouse as well. I can wait on a Vanity Ball house, but I need one sooner or later. Those costumes and characters are too good to go unused after this year.

Assuming the Terra Queen returns as prophecy entails, it would be cool to do a "Dungeon of Terra Cruentes". The name is too cute to pass up. Would get us some Body Collectors in the mix, so I'm down.

• Like 3

I really want to see some video game horror houses. Here are some I really would love as houses-
Dead By Daylight 

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard 

Resident Evil 4

The Evil Within 

Dead Space

Agony

Outlast

Until Dawn

Dead Island

Welcome to the Game 2

DOOM 2016

Slender: The Arrival

• Like 5

Speculation:
1.  Psychoscareapy-Return to Shadybrook

2.  Hellraiser-Not my fav franchise but they have been wanting to do it long enough

3. Halloween-either 6 or 2018

4. IT

5. All Night Die In-Final Cut

6. Jack’s Not so Funhouse-Jack’s Last Laugh

7. Screamhouse-The last Sacrifice

8. Zombieland 

9. Dungeon of Terra Cruentes- Full credit to FaceBagman.  This IS too perfect a name. 
10. Aliens- not too sure now that this is owned by the rodent down the street but still wishful thinking. 

In My Dreams:

Arkham Asylum

Monster Squad

Star Trek:Borg

Tales from the Crypt

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Patrick has tweeted that the team have already started working on the 4th house for next year.

It's understandable that Universal would selling the The Dark Night Of The Scarecrow mask, the masks of House of 1000 Corpses and Killer Klowns From Outer Space are from the company Trick Or Treat Studios so it would make sense that they would try and sell other masks from the company that they think would look cool and sell at the event but I don't think we'd see Dark Night at HHN, even though the concept of the movie is interesting, I could see maybe Universal using it as a influence for an original house or something if they'd go that route. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 4

Alright, let's do this. 

Terra Queen HAS to be the Icon, of course. 

What I'm wondering though, if she's hopefully the Icon, would she get her own Terra Cruentes house, or just host the anniversary house?

I think we're gonna see a crank up to 11 houses.

Also, as people have already said, all the Icons coming back together.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Alright, let's do this. 

Terra Queen HAS to be the Icon, of course. 

What I'm wondering though, if she's hopefully the Icon, would she get her own Terra Cruentes house, or just host the anniversary house?

I think we're gonna see a crank up to 11 houses.

Also, as people have already said, all the Icons coming back together.

I have a speculation map to come with this.

Dungeon of Terra Cruentes (Soundstage 21) - Thanks to FaceBagman for that amazing name. This would be half Terra Queen house, half anniversary house, and take Monsters & Mayhem's place for longest house of all time.

IT (Soundstage 22) - With the IT films finished (for now at least), I think it's now time to bring Pennywise to the event. 

All Nite Die-In: Usher'd In (Soundstage 24B) - As FaceBagman also came up with, a mash-up of The Director and The Usher. 

Psychoscareapy: Bloody Bolts (Soundstage 24A) - With the new Shadybrook Junkyard open, the ruthless inmates take the opportunity to set up a weapon station. 

A Nightmare On Elm Street (Soundstage 25) - Freddy Kreuger is inside Depths of Fear this year, and I believe it may be this year's "house hint" for next year. And not just the first film, but the original trilogy.

RUN: Havoc Forever (MIB Tent) - Teaming up with the escaped Dogs, this newest airing of RUN is even bloodier than ever.

Carnival Graveyard: House of Horrors (Sprung Tent 2) - The House of Horrors that Jack himself was found in has been shipped over to Sal's Amusement Salvage, where Jack has now taken leadership over the carnies, and their new main home being the House of Horrors itself.

Scream (Sprung Tent 1) - Let's get Scream back, come on!

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (New Parade Building) - If they're continuing with their Halloween pattern, then Halloween 5 is next.

Vanity Ball: Devilish Delight (Parade Building) - Scare zone to house treatment, and Vanity Ball has been insanely popular this year. Plus as many have already said, it would make an amazing house.

H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Holidays of Horror: Rerun (Shrek 4D Theater 2) - The magnificent return of our glorious H.R. Bloodengutz.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

My line up I would love to see next year would be 

1. Nightmare on elm street:cause you can never have to much Freddy. 

2. The Witcher: if a Netflix property is to be featured I think a bad ass monster hunter house would be cooler then haunting of hill house.  I just personally feel like hill house wouldn’t translate that well into a show. 

3. Candyman: Jordan Peele got a US house this year and is apparently happy with the final results so I can absolutely see his sequel coming to the event next year. 

4. Halloween 2018: having the first before Halloween kills comes out a month later just makes sense to me

5. 13 Ghosts: it’s probably the least likely of the 5 IPs but would love to see this house eventually!!!

6. Dungeon of Terra Cruentes: it’s been said why this house needs to be done above and I just absolutely think this is a bad ass name and could be a seriously twisted house!

7. Slaughter sinema 2: the first house was such a huge success and the ideas for this house are endless and I could see it becoming the new scary tales. 

8. Nightingales vs Body Collectors

9. Scarecrow sequel

10. A brand new original house because I don’t want to see just old properties the entire event

• Like 5

HHN 30 event dates announced!

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/?__source=A000201055.000003169&IndivKey=261295340

September 10 to October 31!

Wild Ass Guess speculation!

September 10, 11, 12, 13
17, 18, 19, 20
23, 24, 25, 26, 27

30, October 1, 2, 3, 4

7, 8, 9, 10, 11

14 (possible corporate buyout date?) 15, 16, 17, 18

21, 22, 23, 24, 25

28, 29, 30, 31

36 nights of XXX Horror!

Edited by Ueeediot
date guess added
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

HHN 30 event dates announced!

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/?__source=A000201055.000003169&IndivKey=261295340

September 10 to October 31!

Wild Ass Guess speculation!

September 10, 11, 12, 13
17, 18, 19, 20
23, 24, 25, 26, 27

30, October 1, 2, 3, 4

7, 8, 9, 10, 11

14 (possible corporate buyout date?) 15, 16, 17, 18

21, 22, 23, 24, 25

28, 29, 30, 31

36 nights of XXX Horror!

It's crazy that there is going to be less nights for 30 than there was for 29. 

I wonder what they do with their ratio of IPs to Originals for 30. We just saw 6 IPs and 4 Originals for 29. What are the odds they do more originals than IPs for 30? I think it's extremely low, but from Universal's quote: “re-imagined haunts inspired by the past”, they may go heavy on the originals. It's just hard to believe since the event relies on the IPs to draw the masses in. 

In terms of bringing people in, unless Universal acquires the rights to It, this may be a slow year. Not slow, but the event will definitely see less people than the last couple years. ST4 is probably going to come out after 30 and I doubt they do a Stranger Things mashup house or strictly season 3 house next year. They almost have to get It. No current horror property other than It is big enough to bring in the amount of people that Stranger Things did. 

I believe this was Universal's plan all along, though. They knew that once there wasn't material to work with with Stranger Things that not as many people would show up. However, they got so many people to buy tickets to 28 and 29 and those people enjoyed everything else HHN has to offer, so now those people will return to the event no matter what IPs they have just based on how good the houses and scarezones are. 

But they still do need a big IP to back the event and, again, It really is the only true horror draw of the past couple years other than Stranger Things. Gotta see how Dr. Sleep does in the box office and if they bring Haunting of Hill House or something else that people really enjoyed. Either way, those two properties aren't nearly as big as It or Stranger Things. 

30 will be an interesting year that may cater more to the diehards than the masses, which is an awesome thing. But that's not how a massive corporation like Universal works. They strictly care about selling tickets and boosting attendance numbers. They don't care about old money, they want the money of those who've never been yet to add to their dough from the old money they know they'll get year after year. That's why they're probably doing everything they can, if they haven't already, gotten the rights for It and are going to bring back big names like Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, and Chucky. 

Excited to see what this coming year of speculation and announcements bring!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HHN30 hopefully will be catered to hardcore HHN fans. My wishlist includes high usage of icons, a half/ half blend of ip and original houses, 6 scare zones that are actually scary, more chainsaw hordes, and better merchandise. I wouldn’t be mad if Stranger Things returns next year, but I would rather have American Horror Story make a return! 

For icons, I would happy if all of them return!!! Considering that it’ll be HHN 30, a reference to The Terra Queen would be highly appropriate. I also think if the water show should return, make it all about the icons. 

• Like 3

To make a very long complicated story short: 

HHN XV featured the Storyteller as the icon telling the story of Terra Cruentus and the Terra Queen who ruled over the land.  She was like a sub-icon for the year.  I believe part of the reason for this was Creative felt she was not very marketable and so created the storyteller.  All the mazes were tied into a giant story that involved the forging of a blade that was used nightly to “sacrifice” a victim.  The final night of XV the Terra Queen Sacrificed herself but basically made a “prophecy” she would return in 15 years ,eg  HHN30.  There is Soooooo much more to this story so advise you to look it up.  Also one of the best HHN websites they ever did. 

Side note:  My dog Terra is named for her royal highness the Terra Queen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

To get an idea of what to expect from the IP side, here's what's coming up in 2020, that might bring in some crowds.

THE CONJURING!! - Could this finally be the year? With the 3rd installment coming out in 2020, I'd love to see an epic trilogy house.

The Grudge remake - Looks creepy

Last Night in Soho - I don't know what it's about, but I see Edgar Wright directing and neon in the poster, and we know neon is coming on strong with the HHN crowds.

Antlers - Guillermo Del Toro is producing. 'nuff said. However, Fox Searchlight is distributing so...

Saw - This could be the comedy house. It's written by Chris Rock and stars Samuel L Jackson.

Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

Look it up!

Scarezones

Army of the Dead - Zack Snyder's follow-up to his only good movie IMHO. It's also a Netflix film and we're in good graces with them.

The Purge 5 - Unfortunately, it's easy money

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DexterAllanCrane said:

To make a very long complicated story short: 

HHN XV featured the Storyteller as the icon telling the story of Terra Cruentus and the Terra Queen who ruled over the land.  She was like a sub-icon for the year.  I believe part of the reason for this was Creative felt she was not very marketable and so created the storyteller.  All the mazes were tied into a giant story that involved the forging of a blade that was used nightly to “sacrifice” a victim.  The final night of XV the Terra Queen Sacrificed herself but basically made a “prophecy” she would return in 15 years ,eg  HHN30.  There is Soooooo much more to this story so advise you to look it up.  Also one of the best HHN websites they ever did. 

Side note:  My dog Terra is named for her royal highness the Terra Queen

I really hope they do it now! That’s really cool. I love when parks have really cool lore. Hollywood is so uncreative. Luckily we have Knott’s Scary Farm to make up for it.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, Sinfear said:

I really want to see some video game horror houses. Here are some I really would love as houses-
Dead By Daylight 

Resident Evil 4

The Evil Within 

Dead Space

Agony

Outlast

Until Dawn

Dead Island

Welcome to the Game 2

DOOM 2016

Most of these would make awesome houses but I would really, REALLY love Dead Space, Until Dawn, or RE7. I feel like Dead by Daylight would be a fun scarezone.

Haven't quite made my wishlist yet, but my gut tells me we're getting Halloween again since Halloween Kills is coming out.

• Like 2

Until Dawn would be awesome if they did a gimmick where the maze would branch off in different directions which would have different scenes so the experience can be different on multiple trips.  

As much as I love Resident Evil 7, playing it in VR is the most terrifying experience so it feels like going through a maze already.  

Dead Space would be my top pick for a video game adaptation.  Interstellar Terror was an amazing scene maze and picturing that with creatures from Dead Space would be amazing

Doom would be a great maze to use puppets For all the giant demons plus is a very well known IP

An Evil Within maze actually was done by Warner Bros movie world in 2014 I think.  Not saying Uni couldn’t do it better but 

still has already been done. 

• Like 1

Would I be crazy for hoping that Bill & Ted comes back this year? Think about it.

-First off, the 3rd movie comes out next year.

-Then there’s the whole Keanu hype going on right now.

-Their phone booth was brought out this year and put in the event. Maybe as a tease that it could come back?

-This year will totally do a lot with tradition and B&T were a 26 year old tradition. What better year to come back?

-It can be marketed as their reunion tour. Plus it would have MCR in their finale, how great would that be?

Obviously it’s all wishful thinking, but I would spend more nights there if they did come back. Especially now that The Hanging at Knott’s just had their final ending show after 44 years. Theme park parody shows are officially RIP rn.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:25 AM, Sinfear said:

Dead By Daylight 

Resident Evil 4

The Evil Within 

Dead Space

Agony

Outlast

Until Dawn

Dead Island

Welcome to the Game 2

DOOM 2016

What do you think the chances of there being a Last of Us house with the new game out next year? 

• Like 1

My wish list for houses next year include:

I.P.'s - The Conjuring, IT, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Season 1), The Haunting of Hill House, and Bettlejuice.

Originals - Icons House, PsychoScareapy, Dungeon of Terror, something of traditional Halloween, and H.R. Bloodengutz 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just want few things. 
 I want a regular parkwide score like 24, or 27 or 2010 was pretty good. 29 score was boring. 
  I want a second show with actors, maybe RHPS or Magic show.  Highly unlikely, After 26, I believe they wrote a 5 year contract with AOV. 
 Unless Bill and Ted will come back for one year.

I would like to believe that Blumhouse deal is over, I doubt it.  They are partners in a way of releasing.. We might get a blumhouse street. I am hoping for Purge tv street zone.  
   I believe that with the popularity of the Beatlejuice musical, If we have the rights to him for theme park use, why not? 
 I think it could the ghostbusters, or stranger things enough frightening scenes to warrant a house.  
  I think that universal is unsure about the horror of Halloween Horror Nights. 
  Pretty sure that that they would like to do get that family Halloween money.  
 I think they were testing the vr. special upcharge experience on a smaller scale of the stranger things experience during hhn. 
Hopefully, they can further test it next year with a real experience.  

For houses.. I think people might be disappointed. We might get another mega original house like Jack's in 25.  So we know where the mega house next year will be going to.
 I think we might be getting Candy Man which I believe is Universal Release, But not director by Jordan Peele. 
  We might get Germlins?  or something from Hollywood because why not?

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic