HHN Hollywood 2010 Commercial

As some of you may have seen the HHN commercial is now online and possibly on tv, although I have not seen it. The commercial is kind of strange in my honest opinion. First of all La Lorena is one of the big 3. This would be fine, but corpses seems to be the big maze this year. I was assuming Freddy would show up as he is the icon, and I was expecting Jason, but was expecting Capt. Spaulding or something as opposed to La Lorena. The only theory that makes sense is my head is that corpses is not as famous, but at the same time nothing tells you thats La Lorena, and no matter how famous the story is people are probably not just going to assume it is her. Also am I the only one who feels Freddy is kind of a lame icon? My main issue is fear is the universal Orlando icon, but out tagline is What Fear Fears most. It seems strange that if Freddy is the icon he should have part of the commercial. Anyway, what do you guys think?

I agree that the icon, tagline and commercial all pretty much suck. Although, I could've sworn it does say "La Llorona" in the commercial but I could be wrong since I only watched it once last week. An appearance from any of them would've been nice instead of pictures, which is really disappointing in my eyes. I would've also liked a Corpses reference SOMEWHERE in the commercial as well. For Christ sake, it's their BIGGEST maze EVER and it's in flippin' 3D and by not advertising it as much isn't doing it justice for those coming to the event who will have no idea it's even there. Not to mention it's kinda thrown off in a corner of the park not easily accessible unless you were wandering around over there or were intentionally going in that direction.

Edited by DTH316

I just find it to be a strange concept on the whole. Were these various monsters running from Freddy? Jason? You would think they'd be in the same ranks as them, why would they be terrorized by them?

I dunno. Personally, I still think that Jack commercial from a few years ago was the best one they've done yet.

Edited by Halloween Blues

^ They were running from FEAR I think...the orlando icon! Which is why I think its stupid! That commercial was pretty awesome, but I am VERY much against them using Orlando icons unless they get their own house. Every icon in Orlando gets his or her own house and thats the way it need to be for there to be an icon, which is why Freddy makes sense to me!

Its actually a play on Knott's tag line. See Knott's All You Fear is Here. And we are What Fear Fears Most. The idea being that we are scarier then Knott's. At least, thats how I chose to read it!

(PS, there is a Knott's billboard right outside Universal that says 'Universally Considered the Scariest'.

^ Thats clever, this isn't if what your saying is true, considering you were the only one who got it. Even though HHN has the scare and flair and knotts has the OMG THERES SO MANY HOUSES. I know HHN is scarier, cause monsters actually hide in door and windows and dont just stand there and snarl, they also go with a story where at knotts there was a killer doll in hatchet high and zombies in club blood. Very confusing IMO!

I figured that's what the tagline meant when I first heard it since Knotts has been using that for the last 5 years (why for so long, I don't know, it used to change every year. I think the one before was "Everyone has to go sometime" or something)... but when I saw the commercial, it changed meaning to me since NONE of the Knotts monsters even closely resemble that. If they were cheap, basic monsters then sure. But those look like professional scareactors you would see at Universal. Hence, it not making sense.

I don't hate the commercial, but I'm not absolutely wow'd by it either. But, it did make me happy to see it while at work on Sunday night (oddly enough it was on ESPN of all channels..). A co-worker had thought when the commercial started that it was something for Twilight, though, which is a little weird.. probably because of the kids in the forest.. but it gives you a small idea of what to look forward to. But, yeah... it would have been better if there were actors portraying Freddy, Jason, La Llorona, etc... kind of like how the Ripped from the Silver Screen commercial for last year was in Orlando.

Orlando and Hollywood shared the same commerical for Carnival of Carnage, I think.

Did HHNH even have a TV spot last year?

Its actually a play on Knott's tag line. See Knott's All You Fear is Here. And we are What Fear Fears Most. The idea being that we are scarier then Knott's. At least, thats how I chose to read it!

(PS, there is a Knott's billboard right outside Universal that says 'Universally Considered the Scariest'.

Clever thinking Trev, hahaha

Ha, Didnt even think of that. I'm liking this rivalry.

But I think you guys are reading wayyy too much into this commercial. The whole fear concept has NOTHING to do with the icon "fear" @ Orlando. They literally mean "What fear, fears most." Meaning everything that you fear, is scared of HHN. At least thats the way I see it.