From a Scareactor

Pumpkinhead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha im definetly the Screamer. at Many Points i Scream out a sudden "HOLY SHIT! or OMFG!! and stuff, but Never to an actors face. ive seen ppl mistreat the scareactors, its a really big piss off.

i also tend to laugh my ass off wen a scareactors scares me. or wen i get stalked by a scare-actor, i tend to smile and walk faster. but NEVER would i mistreat a scareactor...

This is why...

Dont Mistreat The Scareactors..They Know Where YOU Live..

lol

> THE DUCKER/CLUTCHER

> Next you have the Ducker/Clutcher who doesn't scream, but grips

tighter

> to the person they are holding on to, or ducks down. This is often

> accompanied by the tiptoe dance. Also a big adrenaline rush.

So, would Liz(Cinderelly115) be a good example of this?:

LIZ.jpg

Good luck to all of you scaring tonight! I hope no one gets hurt. Although, from what I heard it is impossible to not get hurt because guests can be rude and stupid. I will be there tonight and if I see someone doing something they shouldn't be doing I'm going to give them my mean face. :angry:

I Enjoy Every time i get Scared, TRUE STORY!!!!! In the Jason House a few years Back I was so Scared that i Started to laughing and Run Because the Jason Scare-actor was chasing me and in the result of me running i Hit a wall and it was So embarrassing but I broke the Scare-actor Character Because he Started to Laugh and told me "THAT MADE MY NIGHT" Lol So lets see if it happens again lol...But thank you to all the scare-actors your all amazing....Have Fun Today in Employee Preview and see you all SC on Friday

I enjoy scaring you guys, all of the Scareactors do. Why else would we audition? All we ask is that you be respectful to us. Yes, you got scared. That's why you came isn't it? You don't have to get angry at the scareactors because you screamed like a girl in front of your girlfriend. Or that you jumped and dropped your beer. We are just doing our job. Like I said, we love doing it. Nothing bothers us more, me especially, then someone getting in my face because I scared them or someone they were with. Four years ago, I scared a girl and her friend punched me right in my poor pumpkin face. The Orlando Police Dept. saw this and kicked her and her entire party out of the park. We don't want this to happen. We need people to stay IN the park so as we have someone to scare. Please treat the Scareactors with courtesy, or even better, complement them on the scare. The best thing for us to hear is someone saying, "AH! Oh sh*t! You got me! Nice job!" Well, you don't have to say THAT, but, you see where I'm going with that. I just want this to be the best experience for the guests, as well as the Scareactors.

Thank you for taking the time to read what I had to say.

Happy screaming!

not to mention scareactors dont make all that much,and they worked there ass off for it.

My favorite type would have been "Macho: the protector" The ones that the second you scare their girlfriend/wife/whatever. They are instantly in your face talking crap can sometimes be linked with "The Heckler". I had that about 20 times a night during carnival of carnage. The sad thing was, one of the absolute worst nights for that was during the EP.

I scream my head off! And I am very LOUD! lol. Im sorry i cant help it. Im having fun, I love being scared. I will scream and run, or hide my face and scream! I have been told to shut up before by other guest. But Im having fun and I would never hit a scareactor.( I often hurt myself by running into things, walls, the fog boxes, etc) I did run full force into a scareactor but I was running from another scareactor. He didnt budge and hissed in my face! So I went screaming in the other direction! My group does drink, but we all love HHN and respect the Scareactors. I had jack follow me in his fun house, even blocking the entrance. He was laughing and kept saying Scream little girl! So I kept darting around screaming my head off! So if I deafen u, Im sorry! But feel free to scare the crap out of me! I wont hit you and my group will just point and laugh at me! I Cant wait! Im leaving in a hour ! Woo!

Here's one:

To anyone who claims that scareactors in a house/scarezone are "not doing anything" or "didn't scare you" nine times out of ten that person is either resetting or trying to recuperate. It's very easy for someone attending the event to say something like that, but please understand that if a scareactor tried to scare everyone that went through their area they'd either pass out or have a ton of lame scares. I don't think anyone sets out to deliberately not scare people, you just have to remember that beneath the makeup, effects and costumes we are, in fact, humans, not some animatronic that can perform the same function repeatedly.

Edited by eyeballs

Here's one:

To anyone who claims that scareactors in a house/scarezone are "not doing anything" or "didn't scare you" nine times out of ten that person is either resetting or trying to recuperate. It's very easy for someone attending the event to say something like that, but please understand that if a scareactor tried to scare everyone that went through their area they'd either pass out or have a ton of lame scares. I don't think anyone sets out to deliberately not scare people, you just have to remember that beneath the makeup, effects and costumes we are, in fact, humans, not some animatronic that can perform the same function repeatedly.

thanks for saying this.

unless you're talking about esqueleto muerte... it is my understanding that the actors in there aren't supposed to aggressively scare at all. not everyone digs it, but i think it is a cool change of pace.

I would like to add THUNDERSLAM to the list:

When I stand idol and suddenly spring to life and the target jumps back and slams so hard to the opposing wall that the set shakes. My personal favorite, I keep a running tally on how many I can get in a single scare. Last night's train was 7 people with 1 scare.... Too easy.

Personal note: If you find the need to photograph that is cool just don't use your flash, cause I dont break character ever nor pose and if I see the red light no matter how hard you try to hide it. I will simply leave my area and you get a nice blur to show your friends. Not being a dick, Im just saying that keeps me from doing my job as I sit there with a nice white block for vision.

About the whole hitting the scaractors thing, in 08 (I think) I was going through Dead Exposure, then all of a sudden I see this guy uppercut one of the zombies. Security came in and tackled him though.

thats just stupid.in the laws eyes thats asualt.and if i was a scare actor i was press charges.i mean hell u come to the event to be scared why hit someone over it.if they are going to do that STAY HOME.

Here's one:

That's a big one, especially for Catacombs this year. The masks make breathing extremely difficult, and we have to take a step back in order to get some air every so often.

I'm blessed with a FFPPE this years, and I've been 3 nights so far. I have to give a huge holler to all the Scareactors this year, you are ON TOP of it!! Both in houses and in scarezones, I'm so pleased and excited at the level of attention and scariness you are delivering to us. Pumpkinhead, I don't know if it was you or one of your evil twins I got to meet with ("I read about you on the internet!"), but thanks for the FUN interaction! Props also to the scareactor in the Saws N Steam alley who shouted out something like "We want the Redhead!" Love it!

Major thanks, guys and gals, I look forward to the rest of a really awesome month!