Halloween Horror Nights 20 (2010) Event Music

The issue I kept having while identifying Zombie Gras videos and audio is that the music only plays a good 5-10 second clip, then there are sounds of zombies and the dj station sounds like its blowing up, and that interferes with the music, cause they make the music slow down, speed up and it sounds like a broken record player. Grr...I am going to the event on 8th and will do some EXCELLENT recordings using my Iphone 4G. I am gonna do all houses, scarezones and the complete Bill and Ted show.

The Coven doesnt seem to have any music whatsoever, unless I missed something, but if we can find some good sound effects, this audio sound loop can be recreated.

Saws N Steam is one I am dying to find out, There is music, but with all the chainsaws and such, its hard to do through videos.

If someone can give me good speaker locations for the zones, it would help me, then I could Shazam on the spot.

Luke

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the book of Eli, the Machinist, the Wicker man, End of days, Wow, such an interesting source for songs, is cool but took my by surprise, I'm glad they are using different music

Is saws and Steam music nine inch nails?

From what I have heard in videos, it sounds to me like Industrial style music, example: NIN, Static-X and so on. I cant identify because of all the chainsaw noise, I am heading to the event fully loaded this year, and I will take the time to look for speakers for Shazam work.

Bill and Ted is still in the works for a listing, there are no videos on youtube yet of the Orlando show, only Hollywood. I am going to the event this Friday, and I will be making a live recording of the show on my Iphone and audio recorder, and I will be using the Itouch during the show for tagging ;).

Hey! We're back! Thanks MZ!

The only song I have for Bill and Ted is the opening number which is I believe:

Rockstar 101(Loose Cannons Black Guitar R-Licks Extended)

From the Rockstar Remixes E.P.

And I haven't heard it myself but I believe they are using the fatboy Slim remix of Queens We Will Rock You.

Not going to list them though until I am sure.

Edited by dkrfla

I'm going on Thursday so I'll try and sneak in an audio recording but I'm not making any promises. ;)

Edit: They also play a little bit of "Bad Romance" and then a remix of "Telephone." Both by Lady Gaga. Aslo that Justin Beiber song "Somebody to Love."

Edited by Gambit

The Orfanage is using the soundtrack from the Changeling. More specifically "I Won't Sign It" by Clint Eastwood.

I got a good recording at the entrance of Hades but I can't seem to tag the song at all. I think they added a wind effect to the track which is making it difficult to tag.

Edited by Gambit

The Orfanage is using the soundtrack from the Changeling. More specifically "I Won't Sign It" by Clint Eastwood.

I got a good recording at the entrance of Hades but I can't seem to tag the song at all. I think they added a wind effect to the track which is making it difficult to tag.

I had a hard time tagging the song in your Hades audio in the house, yet the music was loud enough, the screaming and sound effects interfered, grrrr, O well I am going to the event on the 8th if anyone wants to meet up and say Hi. I will be with a group of 10 people.

I finally figured this out. This audio was running when I was in the Havoc queue line (it's from the queue videos from Castle Vampyr and Hellgate Prison houses at Halloween Horror Nights 14 - 2004):

I'm not sure if it was just some freak thing; I was in line really, really early for this house. Perhaps the video was playing some place....

Edited by minnesota_jim

Some additional music from this year's Bill and ted show:

a brief snippet of Tik Tok by Kesha is played in the opening video.

Also from the opening video during the sequence of highlights from past year's B&T shows We Will Rock You segues into Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars.

The Doctor Who theme plays when the Doctor makes his appearance.

Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins and You Take My Breath Away by Berlin accompany the Tom Cruise segment.

A bit of Bad Romance by Lady Gaga is played during her walk through bits and she later performs Telephone.

Justin Bieber performs Somebody to Love with Usher a version only available on an import single.

Katy Perry performs California Gurls.

Lionel Richies's Hello is played during the ballet between Edward and Jacob.

The climax is a mash-up of Working for the Weekend by Loverboy and Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Thank you everyone for your contributions. I am making my first trip out to the event later tonight to meet Fear, have some fun and do some audio checking. After that and over the weekend i will add everything that has been posted here as well as anything new I find on my first trip. Needless to say I am very excited! I will be wearing a Midnight Syndicate T-Shirt so if you see me say hello and if you are a scareactor..well you know what to do! :)

Dusty

Edited by dkrfla

I will be heading there tomorrow, and I will also be doing audio work and tagging. I will be wearing my Halloween Horror Nights 16 cake shirt, if u see mewalking around with a group of eight people. i will be using my Iphone most of the night so feel free to come say hi to me.

Luke

Awesome! I won't be there but I know that once you come back we'll know a lot more of the tracks that were used this year!

the lines today were kinda long, And I realized, they use the same queue music for Havoc, LT and Hades/Psycho are using the same songs, maybe you guys already know, but, I just realized that, I heard the constantine song and then after that there are two rock songs, while a video of HHN pf the past years is playing, is kinda hard rock and fast sounding, maybe a soundtrack but I wish someone would found out what these hard rock songs were.

the lines today were kinda long, And I realized, they use the same queue music for Havoc, LT and Hades/Psycho are using the same songs, maybe you guys already know, but, I just realized that, I heard the constantine song and then after that there are two rock songs, while a video of HHN pf the past years is playing, is kinda hard rock and fast sounding, maybe a soundtrack but I wish someone would found out what these hard rock songs were.

The music is the same and its all mostly Midnight Syndicate. Same for Hallow'd Past.

I am now home and have a crap ton of audio work to do. I have all the houses recorded (2x each) and the entire...thats right....ENTIRE Bill and Ted show from beginning to end, even the preshow music loop i recorded so i can start tracking them down now. I will begin work immediately. Stay tuned, Dusty will update the list with whatever I find when he gets a chance. I didnt record the music outside of Hallow'd Past or Havoc, LT and Hades/Psycho, but I do know what tracks and what albums they are.

Luke