Stay and Scream Help

Ok so I have plans to get a stay and scream pass for friday, october 15...yes you heard me...hell week. that day is the florida national something day where school is out as i have now been informed. So I what I want to know is do they always let people in early from holding areas to do three soundstage houses. if they do, will i have time to do every other house starting with parade building, and working my way around without hitting huge traffic...or do they not always let in early.

You will be released from the holding area at approximately 5:45pm. The Soundstage houses do not all open at this time. Their openings are staggered. I believe the Legendary Truth house (SS 22) and The Hallow'd Past (Parade building) will open first, followed by Catacombs (Sprung Tent 1), The Orfanage (Jaws queue) and one of the houses in SS23. Last to open *should* be the remaining SS23 house, ZombieGeddon (Disaster! queue) and Havoc (Sprung Tent 2). This isn't official yet, so take the list with a grain of salt.

Even with the head start, I think you will run into crowds before you can get through all of the houses on the 15th. Make sure you have a solid plan and/or buy an express pass.

well first off...which holding area is the best. Im thinking of doing the finnegan's one, do those 3 houses, and then when park opens go ahead and stay in front of crowd by doing hallowed past, catacombs, havoc, and then getting a little bit of wait at orphanage, and finally hitting the line at zombiegeddon. but that would be my last house anyways. so I would just do shows, rides, and scarezones at dark(because I rushed them during day and didnt get full effect). and of course to get the full effect of the houses during daylight...im thinking that wearing sunglasses before I go in is a good plan so I dont have to adjust my eyes as much, and i can actually see.

okay so on a different forum im being told from employees that the stay and scream opens about 5 mins before the gate opens instead of 5:45 which im hearing from everyone else...so im confused

In the past, they have *definitely* let the Stay & Scream guests out at approximately 5:45. Now, what time they open the front gate to the general public is a different question entirely.

Last year I was kinda peeved that on several days, we had just made it out of the very first soundstage and people from the outside were already flooding in the que. So, yes, they let the outside folks in whenever they seem to feel like it. Sometimes you will have a 10 minute jump on the crowds, sometimes longer. I don't know the rhyme or reason, just what I noticed last year.

I thought it kinda defeated the purpose of stay and scream, but what do I know..... :blink:

They usually open the front gate sometime between 6 and 6:30. I agree that the S&S isn't as effective as it once was, but you should still be able to get AT LEAST one house done with no wait, and 2 or 3 with less than 15 minute waits. The best advice I can give is to keep up with these forums and have a touring plan before you get there. Also, make sure not to spend unnecessary time waiting in lines for houses that have not opened yet.

its ok i have learned that i can use one of my many 1 day 2 parks and upgrade them to stay and scream at the park at guest services. I thought i had to buy a new ticket with stay and scream, but i was told on hhnrumors that i don't. so that means i will be getting an express pass now so problem solved.

Upgrading to stay and scream equates to purchasing a discounted HHN ticket. Depending on what day it will be $35 (Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday), $50 (Friday), or $65 (Saturday).

I wish Universal would LEARN from either pass holders that stay in the park or stay and scream customers. I know that I usually spend anywhere from 60 to 100 dollars in the bar eating and having drinks while I wait and I am sure others spend money no matter where they are held. If Universal promoted a 10-20 minute head start on the holding area people, I believe they would see a revenue gain from those who stay.

Last year, my sign in time wasn't until later on, so I was able to make the openings of some houses. I experimented on different nights to see what was most effective. It was easy for me to just go through the SS houses, because when they opened people were still locked up in Finnegans. Now the holding pen for kidzone is directly at the entrances to the Parade Building and Tent 2? Meaning when they open at approximately 530, you've got two houses at your disposal. I could do all but, i'd say 1 or 2 houses before my call time at 7, and this is including seeing scarezones.

SOO, if the parade building opens at 530, run through that...head to tent 2...run to the SS, and your looking at 550-6 o'clock. Now you have 3-4 houses down by the time the park opens to guests. People will then fill up the front of the park, which will be the 2 SS houses and parade/tent house you've already done. Leaving you to now hit up the houses that are starting to open in the back.

Last year, my sign in time wasn't until later on, so I was able to make the openings of some houses. I experimented on different nights to see what was most effective. It was easy for me to just go through the SS houses, because when they opened people were still locked up in Finnegans. Now the holding pen for kidzone is directly at the entrances to the Parade Building and Tent 2? Meaning when they open at approximately 530, you've got two houses at your disposal. I could do all but, i'd say 1 or 2 houses before my call time at 7, and this is including seeing scarezones.

SOO, if the parade building opens at 530, run through that...head to tent 2...run to the SS, and your looking at 550-6 o'clock. Now you have 3-4 houses down by the time the park opens to guests. People will then fill up the front of the park, which will be the 2 SS houses and parade/tent house you've already done. Leaving you to now hit up the houses that are starting to open in the back.

For the most part I agree with this. Just a couple of corrections. Hallow'd Past (Parade building) and LT (SS22) will open at 5:45, not 5:30. Catacombs (Tent 1) and one of the SS23 houses will open at 6:00 and the other SS23 probably won't open until 6:30.

Just to clarify, this doesn't exactly apply to the AP early-entry nights.

Edited by BruinsFan

For the most part I agree with this. Just a couple of corrections. Hallow'd Past (Parade building) and LT (SS22) will open at 5:45, not 5:30. Catacombs (Tent 1) and one of the SS23 houses will open at 6:00 and the other SS23 probably won't open until 6:30.

Just to clarify, this doesn't exactly apply to the AP early-entry nights.

Correct, at times they opened early...not always.

Last year, the few times i was in kidzone, both the tent and parade building opened at the same time. Though i always went parade building first, they may have just opened the line to the house for the tent.

As Bruins said, its a progression throughout the park, why its best to move quickly and be at the right place at the right time.