HHN XX Discussion

Well, the thing is... there have already been two years where all the icons got together - Sweet 16 and this one. If every big milestone is going to result in all the icons returning, fans are going to get tired of that really quick. And A&D have said they do not like repeating the same ideas. I will keep my fingers crossed, but I am not optimistic about their fate.

Just wondering - have you read the legend of Adaru on LegendaryTruth's Facebook page? It ends with this:

"Another wall painting depicts the five men bowing to what is believed to be Adaru the Demon of Fear. Shown standing in flames that lead back to the lantern, Adaru has a hand outstretched from which thorny brambles wrap the five men completely. Blood surrounds them."

And then there's this comment by Fear:

"Taking my playthings from inside the box, and accepting their willing sacrifice."

I'm wondering if, at the end of the event... having served their purpose... the icons will be sacrificed by Fear, and He will start over with new servants (provided LegendaryTruth doesn't come along and whoop his ass, of course ;)).

I totally agree. Fear and his minions were great characters, IMO, and I would love to see them come back to the event someday. But Fear needed to be done up a little bigger. He was great in the media stuff, but his presence in the park wasn't very strong... you could feel it, but it was weak. I almost feel like Jack overshadowed him, and that's bad considering he's supposed to be the "icon of icons".

Well, I think if the icons were to ever return, it would be years and years down the road. Just never say never is my point. If the guests request it, I'm sure A&D would appease. I'm all for them continuing to create new icons though. I don't want them to keep reusing old ones a crutch.

Interesting theory about the sacrifice at the end of the event. It's entirely possible but I know there was speculation that that was going to happen in the Fear Revealed sz and it didn't. I guess we'll see.

And, yeah, I think Fear was overshadowed by ALL the past icons. I understand Universal's intentions to keep him hidden until he was revealed at the event itself but, for the casual attendee, that meant nothing. For them, they just walked by him and thought "That's a cool big monster" instead of "WOW! So that's FEAR!!!". It never felt like it was his year (to anyone but us huge fans at least). It's too bad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there on sunday but it wasnt that bad with the crowd but the event was unforgetable and amazing i would have to say the top 3 houses were LT/HADES/HHN HP

At one point all of the houses had waits over 75 minutes, and I saw one at 120 minutes. I thought it was significantly higher than most Sundays I've gone.

Mae

2 more weeks left =(

Is it just me or this year is going wwaaay too fast lol.

That's what I have been saying for 4 days now, this year Flew By so fast, 09 and 08 didn't feel like that, the worst thing is that they added fridays to the frequent fear pass which is the best thing Uni has done for me at least, but even with all those days added, it feels shorter than the other years...

I think we can all agree that this year was an amazing year. Great houses all around, as well as zones, we had a pretty kick ass icon (even though some of you thought he could be better, which I some what agree with). This year will be one of those years that no one forgets, I think. It's sad that it's almost gone, and that the past is leaving us. But remember. This year was not about the past.. It was about the future of Horror Nights its self. ;)

This was one of the most amazing years I've been to in awhile. Most likely a high ranking year and such, but pardon my french when I say "Buy a shirt." That's getting way out of hand..... I'd pay for a shirt like I did this year, but I never think I will "RSVP" that many times just to get into my account. Seriously? This year had no bad houses or scarezones, but pardon me for seeing the entire B&T was awful. It might be the end of certain shows, and such.

WHO'S STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT?

Good Ol' "The_Bled"... I never know what the heck you are saying :P

I agree that there were no bad houses this year. In fact I have a hard time keeping my rankings for the houses straight.

Edited by JWFearman

I am going to jump on the "no bad houses" bandwagon too. I have my favorites, and a couple took a little while to grow on me, but overall I think every house this year had something to offer. Kudos to all the scareactors this year, you really "brought it".

I'm staring down the final weekend of my HHN trips. I'm so glad I got to go as much as I did this year (six times isn't too bad coming from Sarasota) but I can't believe it's almost over already. :( I'll be out on Friday night in a zombie Hello Kitty shirt and Sunday, my last night, in my HNN shirt. Feel free to say hi if you see me. :)

And, yeah, I think Fear was overshadowed by ALL the past icons. I understand Universal's intentions to keep him hidden until he was revealed at the event itself but, for the casual attendee, that meant nothing. For them, they just walked by him and thought "That's a cool big monster" instead of "WOW! So that's FEAR!!!". It never felt like it was his year (to anyone but us huge fans at least). It's too bad.

Or, as I overheard one guest, pointing at Fear: "Look, it's the NEW guy!"

Can anyone gimme a guesstimation on the waits for all the houses on the 27th (non-peak)

Here's my guess

Hallow'd Past- 45 min

Catacombs- 30-45 min

Havoc- 30 min

Orfanage- 25 min

Zombiegeddon- 15-20 min

Hades- 45 min

Pyschoscarepy- 60 min

Legendary Truth- 35-40 min

Anyone have thoughts on this

Can anyone gimme a guesstimation on the waits for all the houses on the 27th (non-peak)

Here's my guess

Hallow'd Past- 45 min

Catacombs- 30-45 min

Havoc- 30 min

Orfanage- 25 min

Zombiegeddon- 15-20 min

Hades- 45 min

Pyschoscarepy- 60 min

Legendary Truth- 35-40 min

Anyone have thoughts on this

Your Orfanage guesstimate is only correct during the first 30 to 60 minutes of the park opening. It usually stays at around 60+ minutes most of the night. I don't think the others are too far off, but someone else can give you a better time frame than I.

Edited by Tman875

Your Orfanage guesstimate is only correct during the first 30 to 60 minutes of the park opening. It usually stays at around 60+ minutes most of the night. I don't think the others are too far off, but someone else can give you a better time frame than I.

Totally. Once the first Bill & Ted dumps, you're looking at 75-90 minutes for Orfanage all night long!

Totally. Once the first Bill & Ted dumps, you're looking at 75-90 minutes for Orfanage all night long!

Well I guess that's good, even though I wanted to go, but everyone else said it sucked :(

EDIT:

Also, I was thinking since on a Wednesday it might be a little toned down, and I thought Pyschoscearpy was going to be the house of the year, but I think thats pretty good

Edited by ColdHeart666

I am reading the Live Q@A with Mike Aiello that is going on right now on the Official HHN Facebook page and saw this interesting question was answered.

Is this the last time we will see the icons for a while? Or are they becoming the ambassadors for the event and will play a role in future years?

Yes. We want to set the stage for new and different Icons but with the thought that Jack and the others are and will always be the ICONS of this event. I will never say never. :)

Edited by Jumboshrmp

Very true that there are no bad houses, but my rankings from Team Preview and opening weekend are staying remarkably steady. Catacombs, Hades and Havoc are still tops for me, with LT and Orfanage still at the bottom and Psycho, Hallow'd and Zombie in the middle. For some reason, we had epic run throughs in every house on Weds. Don't know why, but there wasn't one bad run and we did almost all of them twice.

I wonder what's going to happen to the Icons on Halloween night?

I never even thought about that, hopefully something epic and awesome to send them out with style, at least thats what i'm hoping for now, but i have a feeling it might be a simple walking off into the abundance of fog for them

I never even thought about that, hopefully something epic and awesome to send them out with style, at least thats what i'm hoping for now, but i have a feeling it might be a simple walking off into the abundance of fog for them

You're probably right. Hope for the best but expect to be underwhelmed.

But, whatever happens, I hope some of you locals will video it for those of us who live elsewhere. I'm gonna miss those guys!!! Well, maybe not Jack so much. Because as the old saying goes "How can I miss you if you won't GO AWAY?!?!?!" :lol:

I hope the Icons get a big send off ceremony......

for some reason I see the Icons in this potential ceremony played not by street talent but by their respective actors......

have the Icons' actual actors portrayed their characters within the park?? or just for adverts and promos and stuff??