HHN XX Discussion

Anyone going to the autograph session for the guys from Ghost Hunters this Thursday...??? Do you have to bring something for them to sign or will they have something there...??? Anyone know...???

Although I'll be doing houses instead, I'm sure you can bring a picture or some item for them to sign. The plastic pouch of a lanyard would be a good thing for them to sign.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence, but they've always done conga lines. It's what works for HHN. The crowds are just to large to manage. I highly doubt it will last the event.

Though if crowds are light they'll pulse the line for a better experience. Don't expect to see pulsing for much longer as crowds will be picking up

I really hope they don't pulse the lines this Saturday night. I would hope they don't on a Saturday

They won't. The cast in Catacombs keeps getting told, specifically, when they are being pulsed and when they are not. Saturday didn't get pulsed after the AP preview.

Based on my experience last Saturday, the line-pulsing works pretty well. The longest I had to wait for a house was maybe 45 minuets when I did a run of The Orphanage, which I think is pretty incredible since the last couple years I can remember having to wait over an hour for some of the houses, even when they did conga-lines. All in all, I was able to go through all the houses at least once, did Havok, Catacombs, Hallowed Past and Legendary Truth twice, saw the Bill and Ted Show, went on The Mummy and Men and Black, and visited all the scarezones except for Saws and Steam. I even got pictures with all the icons, except for Jack, whom I couldn't find for some reason.

They won't. The cast in Catacombs keeps getting told, specifically, when they are being pulsed and when they are not. Saturday didn't get pulsed after the AP preview.

They were doing it at Orfanage on Friday, though, in the last hour. Turned a 5 minute wait when we entered into a 20 minute wait when we exited - true evidence of the effect of pulsing, at least bad pulsing. There's an orange-shirt Ops who I've seen a lot over at Hallow'd Past who really knows how to effectively pulse, and it's resulted in some fantastic runs through that house.

Which houses are okay to do during the day? I heard that some "to bright" when you go through in the daytime. I'd like to have a go at a couple early when it's not to busy and save my express pass till later in the evening for a 2nd go around. Which houses would be my best bets?

From my experiences over the past weekend, I would say that you should try to avoid Hallow'd Past, Catacombs, the OrFanage and ZombieGeddon while the sun is still out. I think Hades may be more intense during the daylight hour(s) as it's really hard to see anyone in there until they're right up in your face.

From my experiences over the past weekend, I would say that you should try to avoid Hallow'd Past, Catacombs, the OrFanage and ZombieGeddon while the sun is still out. I think Hades may be more intense during the daylight hour(s) as it's really hard to see anyone in there until they're right up in your face.

I agree.

Man I didn't see you on friday. I looked for the Bruins jersey :P

Edited by JWFearman

i know this is too early to be thinking about but,anyone hear anything on next year?

yeah might be a little early :)

I know people disagree and everything, this is just my opinion but, I wish they do a movie house next year, 1 or 2 movie houses would be nice, I miss them this year, I actually like movie houses,

I haven't really been disappointed with the, (Except Doomsday, which is not even a horror movie, I still feel like wtf? when i think of that house) 2007 and 2009 were really fun house related, The streets kinda sucked but houses were fun, I don't know I might be the only one that feels this way...

yeah might be a little early :)

I know people disagree and everything, this is just my opinion but, I wish they do a movie house next year, 1 or 2 movie houses would be nice, I miss them this year, I actually like movie houses,

I haven't really been disappointed with the, (Except Doomsday, which is not even a horror movie, I still feel like wtf? when i think of that house) 2007 and 2009 were really fun house related, The streets kinda sucked but houses were fun, I don't know I might be the only one that feels this way...

my soul to take would be a pretty good house to have next year.

Although I'll be doing houses instead, I'm sure you can bring a picture or some item for them to sign. The plastic pouch of a lanyard would be a good thing for them to sign.

Sharpie can scrape off of those, too, tho. I would advise a black card or copy of the TAPS magazine. The card is easily cropped down to fit inside the lanyard pouch for safe keeping during the event.

Mae

Just had a couple quick questions before i go to the event this friday.

One- This is my second year going. Last year i didn't really get scared so i was wondering if i wore a HOS shirt or last years HHN shirt if i would get 'targeted' more for scares?

Second- I just turned 21 this year and was wondering about prices and stuff for shots and drinks. How much do the shots usually go for? Or drinks? and do i get a wristband or show my id each time? and are the shots really worth it because i spent $10 on a shot at HOS and it was not good.

One- This is my second year going. Last year i didn't really get scared so i was wondering if i wore a HOS shirt or last years HHN shirt if i would get 'targeted' more for scares?

I think wearing a HOS shirt would be hillarious, actually. Talk about stirring the pot!

Second- I just turned 21 this year and was wondering about prices and stuff for shots and drinks. How much do the shots usually go for? Or drinks? and do i get a wristband or show my id each time? and are the shots really worth it because i spent $10 on a shot at HOS and it was not good.

The things I look for most are Nightmares shirts or Vault shirts, I suggest one of those, you might get a few "extra" scares too

I know in my experiences with houses (and especially working in Catacombs) what you wear isn't what causes you to get targeted. Most of the time, what you wear is kinda indistinguishable. I target (and have always targeted) body language more than anything else, because that is what I could always see. Now, in the streets it's a different game. You being targeted because you wear a HoS shirt will be entirely dependent on how ornery the scaractor themselves are feeling. That said, if you are acting like an idiot or, more importantly like you are not having a good time, you quite possibly won't be targeted regardless of what you wear.

Ok now I know what "pulsing" means, yeah they did that to me, I was the last person in the group which sucked,

on another note, I went to catacombs as soon as I arrived, and I was by myself, I gotta say that is one house that is too creepy to do by yourself, I had to run to catch up to the people in front, too scary

and the light of they day, It actually didn't affect catacombs, it made it better because my eyes weren't adjusted to the darkness, so the actors got me really bad and I almost got lost at one point, really scary to feel lost with scareactors around you.