HHN XX Discussion

I know I have been really quiet but i'm a horrible speculator so I gonna give you my fiancee and my first reactions to the houses

Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past - Halloween Horror Nights. The name brings with it millions of tales, each filled with thousands of screams. Now, you have the opportunity to travel into a realm where Horror Nights isn't just an event, but a reality.

Okay I like the idea but I just hope that they don't try and cram too much in the house at one time.

The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes - Ashes to ashes, forever now dust. For years she has existed in the shadows, never getting her due. Misunderstood by all around her, she has had enough of her playthings at the Good Harvest Orphanage - now is the time for vengeance. This burned out shell contains the souls of the forgotten and the lost who all scream one name: Cindy.

Love it my fav recent horror movie is Orphan and I've always wondered if Cindy would get her revenge.

Hades: The Gates of Ruin - Hades bids you welcome. Make your way into the Underworld, and come face to face with the most terrifying creatures of legend as you cross through the Gates of Ruin.

Huge greek mythology buff so this is like a wet dream for me

Psychoscarepy: Echoes of Shadybrook - The truth, as they say, is far stranger than fiction, and in this instance they happen to be correct. Although Shadybrook's doors have indeed been closed for the last 15 years, the place is still very much alive with all of the criminally insane souls that have ever walked its halls.

So is this a ghost house or an insane asylum house? I'm undeceided on this one

Havoc: Dogs of War - Ten years ago, the Shadowcreek Enterprise was tasked with developing an elite corp of soldiers. They succeeded. Through an inhalant that includes a compound of testosterone, adrenaline, and other anesthetics, Shadow Creek's latest run of volunteer test subjects are ready for inspection. The project name: HAVOC. The subjects are known simply as the Dogs of War.

So the governement is giving soliders Valkyrie (Max Payne reference) and seeing them go ape shit with gubs. Interesting

Catacombs: Black Death Rising - During a plague of Paris and Marseilles in 1534, thousands died due to an undisclosed viral outbreak. A group of doctors took it upon themselves to quarantine the most infected citizens of the city. They had no way of knowing that the townspeople would betray them, sealing them into their doom. They have been unable to escape for almost five hundred years. Now that the dead inside have found a way out, they are rising to take their centuries old vengeance on any living being that dares to enter the Catacombs.

This sounds like a very promising house

Zombiegeddon - The United States government has re-taken the continental United States, and is actively engaged in clearing the remaining infested pockets of Canada. The government also licenses and sanctions private companies to capture "un-live" subjects and use them as practical targets during these training sessions. Dozens of independent training consultant "companies" spring up, promising the best training that money can buy...and then there's ZAP...The Zombie Awareness Program.

I don't like Zombies in the first place and I'm little in zombie over kill so i dunno about this

Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - The Spirit Seekers have come up with a machine that actually gathers spirits toward it. The group has decided to do a live broadcast from inside one of the most reportedly "haunted" sites in the entire United States, The Wyandot Estate, built in the 1920's in Carey, Ohio by the entrepreneur Malcolm Wyandot and his wife Lydia. The house has been rumored to be haunted since Malcolm brutally killed 13 dinner guests and his wife Lydia before committing suicide on October 30, 1929. The team is about to get more than they bargained for as the murdered hear their call and answer with terrible violence.

wished LT had a bigger role in the event but I think i'm gonna like this house

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the LT house being somewhat elevated could be for some interesting effects that haven't been pulled off so well in past houses.

Note on permit a few days ago:

Need to add em. lights and blue lights in back of house areas and need to sprinkle below ghost in floor area of house

Something to think about anyway.

I know I have been really quiet but i'm a horrible speculator so I gonna give you my fiancee and my first reactions to the houses

Psychoscarepy: Echoes of Shadybrook - The truth, as they say, is far stranger than fiction, and in this instance they happen to be correct. Although Shadybrook's doors have indeed been closed for the last 15 years, the place is still very much alive with all of the criminally insane souls that have ever walked its halls.

Zombiegeddon - The United States government has re-taken the continental United States, and is actively engaged in clearing the remaining infested pockets of Canada. The government also licenses and sanctions private companies to capture "un-live" subjects and use them as practical targets during these training sessions. Dozens of independent training consultant "companies" spring up, promising the best training that money can buy...and then there's ZAP...The Zombie Awareness Program.

I don't like Zombies in the first place and I'm little in zombie over kill so i dunno about this

Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - The Spirit Seekers have come up with a machine that actually gathers spirits toward it. The group has decided to do a live broadcast from inside one of the most reportedly "haunted" sites in the entire United States, The Wyandot Estate, built in the 1920's in Carey, Ohio by the entrepreneur Malcolm Wyandot and his wife Lydia. The house has been rumored to be haunted since Malcolm brutally killed 13 dinner guests and his wife Lydia before committing suicide on October 30, 1929. The team is about to get more than they bargained for as the murdered hear their call and answer with terrible violence.

wished LT had a bigger role in the event but I think i'm gonna like this house

yeah I am also confused about Shadybrook, specially because of this picture :

3Q92Q.jpg

I'm thinking what the hell does this mean? a ghost?

I kinda agree about the Zombies being overdone, I guess zombies is one of the easiest thing to do for a house/scarezone, I loved Dead Exposure but because of the darkness and the light, let's see how this goes

and Also about the legendary truth, I've never seen a Ghost house before, I wonder how they pull this off,

Edited by black7mask

Where did you get those?

Did it actually SAY that was the LT facade though? Her'es my problem. this is a house that was supposed to built WAY back, at the creation of Wyandot (and in turn Carey, OH 's) History. That looks like it could practically be the facade for the Orfanage. That house is WAY too young to be the right time frame....That's no estate.

Edited by Chemowasabi

Did it actually SAY that was the LT facade though? Her'es my problem. this is a house that was supposed to built WAY back, at the creation of Wyandot (and in turn Carey, OH 's) History. That looks like it could practically be the facade for the Orfanage. That house is WAY too young to be the right time frame....That's no estate.

Good point, but it really looks to be in a Sound Stage.

I think Zombiegeddon will be the Cleaver of 2010. It seems the Disaster house has been the butt of jokes the past few years, but maybe that will be motivation to pull out something good this year! Are we looking at a possible tie in to the movie "The Crazies" at all... Not sure if it's a Universal film, but I don't doubt they may take scenes from it... who knows though... I will be working in this house this year and have no clue as to where they are going with it... The description on the site is rather vague... other than telling us we know we will have 2 kinds of scare-actors... Zombies, and Zombie-Killers... hmmm

Did it actually SAY that was the LT facade though? Her'es my problem. this is a house that was supposed to built WAY back, at the creation of Wyandot (and in turn Casey, OH 's) History. That looks like it could practically be the facade for the Orfanage. That house is WAY too young to be the right time frame.

The square tapered columns on the porch, along with the way the lites are divided in the window (and the door drawing we got on the earlier website) give the house a Craftsman style look which would be at least late 1800s.

Good point, but it really looks to be in a Sound Stage.

yeah, but I'm sticking with my theory that this Wyandot House...is going to have an UNCANNY resemblance to another Estate people have already walked through in Carey. Remember, the past is coming back, but with a whole new look.

The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes - Ashes to ashes, forever now dust. For years she has existed in the shadows, never getting her due. Misunderstood by all around her, she has had enough of her playthings at the Good Harvest Orphanage - now is the time for vengeance. This burned out shell contains the souls of the forgotten and the lost who all scream one name: Cindy.

Love it my fav recent horror movie is Orphan and I've always wondered if Cindy would get her revenge.

Hades: The Gates of Ruin - Hades bids you welcome. Make your way into the Underworld, and come face to face with the most terrifying creatures of legend as you cross through the Gates of Ruin.

Huge greek mythology buff so this is like a wet dream for me

I'm totally excited Cindy is finally getting some action. Reading the description gave me chills

I'm a Greek Mythology buff to...so this is my most anticipated house.

I do think its ghosts. Echoes of the past...the picture. It all seems like ghost. I'm an avid TAPS fan and this make me think of the Waverly Hills Sanatorium shadow people. Just my opinion. So I say ghosts of insane asylum patients

I think Zombiegeddon will be the Cleaver of 2010. It seems the Disaster house has been the butt of jokes the past few years, but maybe that will be motivation to pull out something good this year!

wasn't texas chainsaw there? that was one of the best houses of HHN

The square tapered columns on the porch, along with the way the lites are divided in the window (and the door drawing we got on the earlier website) give the house a Craftsman style look which would be at least late 1800s.

but wealthy estate home? I can't buy that yet. The house/family that the whole county/hellmouth got named after? tough sell.

I think Zombiegeddon will be the Cleaver of 2010. It seems the Disaster house has been the butt of jokes the past few years, but maybe that will be motivation to pull out something good this year! Are we looking at a possible tie in to the movie "The Crazies" at all... Not sure if it's a Universal film, but I don't doubt they may take scenes from it... who knows though... I will be working in this house this year and have no clue as to where they are going with it... The description on the site is rather vague... other than telling us we know we will have 2 kinds of scare-actors... Zombies, and Zombie-Killers... hmmm

My best guess..."guess"....is think....Trade show...the guest is the prospective buyer, and the companies are showing off thier greatest zombie killing methods. Per the description, it's cleanup time! So come get your Zomb-away today!

but wealthy estate home? I can't buy that yet. The house/family that the whole county/hellmouth got named after? tough sell.

I've ghost hunted some places that are considered estates and (from what I can compare with the pic) are not much bigger. I think its more land and servants owned that makes it a wealthy estate not the size of the house...though that does help

You cant fit a facade that big in the JAWS queue.

You cant fit a facade that big in the JAWS queue.

could outside the entryway, but it would've been seen by now, plus we've already seen the swingset, etc. I won't deny it's a soundstage, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of what they've shown for the LT house, especially the GIANT house pic on the website....unless that's a side veiw of the house, or perhaps servants quarters/guest home

EDIT: I just finally saw the video you spoke of and Well...I'm torn. Every other last thing from that video is stuff from the past. I've never seen that facade before, plus in the next clip on the interior, there's a bank of TV monitors set up for an investigation. *shrugs* still seems like a guest house if anything.

Edited by Chemowasabi

So it's 3:07am, just got home from work and ran to the computer to check the update out. Wow.

Consider me extremely excited. Very little recycled content this year, and no mainstream horror films in sight. The quick flash of the icon I got made me jump (volume is way up, was listening to music before I left lol) and he looks absolutely terrifying. Here's my 2 cents on the houses this year.

Orfanage (Wonder why they spelled it that way?): Probably my most anticipated house, which sucks because it's in the Jaws queue that suffers dumps from B&T andhas 90+ minute lines every night. The house looks awesome though.

Catacombs: Not sure how I feel about this one. This house needs to be very dark and very musty for it to work properly with a little bit of ambient screaming and stuff in the back. Not a lot of flashing lights. Not a lot of crazy sounds. The sheer darkness and tone of catacombs are what make them so scary.

Hades: Looks interesting. That's all I've got for now.

Horror Nights: This could be reeeeeeally interesting. Looking forward to it.

Havoc: I've got a feeling this is going to be a loud, fast, crazy house.

Zombiegeddon: Definitely seems to be our cheesy house this year. Cheesy and zombies work perfectly together. This is probably my 2nd most anticipated house.

LT: I'm not big on the whole LT thing, mostly because I'm too busy with school and work at the moment. Don't really have much to say. This is probably my least anticipated house.

Psychoscarepy: Shadybrook with ghosts? Something tell me this is just going to be a rehash of the original PS, except they're all dressed/painted in white. But who knows.

As far as the rest of the event, I'm glad there's no RHPS. I haven't seen Brushwood before, so I'll probably check that out. As always B&T is back :) Can't wait! And I'm surprised how correct everyone was on a lot of the speculation. Good work guys :D

Welll, time out. As it pertains to the caretaker.... This is the Wyandot House. As in, Wyandot County...where the spawning are from, where EVERYTHING has been tied back to, including the Caretaker's mansion.

Who says Caretaker was the first to live there? what if he ended up in that house (as the personification) because of what happened IN that house?

Well actually Albert Caine according to his backstory lived in Georgia at the Shady Oaks Mortuary. But I think this house is loosely based on the novel Hell House by Richard Matheson, as well as the film based on it: The Legend of Hell House.

Our mysterious benefactor in providing cryptic clues Emeric Belasco took his name from the principal character of this story.

Compare the history of Wyandot house with this>http://www.codelphia.com/aesgaard41/belascohouse.html

Like most people here i am so confused with scareapy im hoping jack will be in it but it looks like ghosts which makes me confused and interested, this whole year seems like there is a very paranormal feel to it. I cant wait to visit the horror nights house and the scarezone. Orfanage is my most anticipated house of the year, im looking forward to the legendary truth house even tho i dont really understand the whole legendary truth thing but that looks pretty good. The scarezones this year look pretty good, im looking forward to saws n steam that looks like it will be a hell of fun chainsaw dudes and you wont be able to see because of the fog that just sounds badass. Well im looking forward to team member night i think this year is going to be great!