HHN XX Sales and Marketing Campaign

I asked a person at the Customer Service desk at Publix to see if the Store Manager would save all the promotional stuff once the event is over. The person asked the Manager and came back and said "no". Because People from Universal will come back once the event is over and take the stuff down. So, Publix can't just loan the stuff to me because Universal is going to come back and take the stuff. I don't know why the person said that, because I was not asking to borrow the advertisements but to keep them. Publix has saved the advertisements in year's past. However, this year seems to be different. I really wanted to collect this year's promotional material though since I have promos from Publix from the last 4 years. I may be calling Publix Corporate office or Universal Public Relations. Because what's Universal going to do with the promotional material, auction it off which is just pieces of advertisement on cardboard! It really sucks!

I heard something very similar to that at a 7-11 in 2008. I know the shit just got thrown away too. I asked in early November and come early December it was still there. I doubt anyone would have missed it..* le sigh *

untitled.jpg

p.jpg

So here is somthing to chew on. To be honest i am really disappointed with how the Bk ads look. If you are the average person how are you going to tell what this is? You cant even really tell that faces are coming out unless you really studied it. I wish they would have used fears mouth or somthing to do with fear. I mean the latern is very scary looks to draw people in to come.

I actually like the Burger King promotional material to be honest. I went today and they even had special fry containers. However I do think it's pretty funny that this year's promotional code is the exact same one they used for last year except it says 2010 instead of 2009.

I'm still not a big fan of then using "HHN" instead of Halloween Horror Nights on all of their promotional material but I'm sure they have their reasons.

20100902141546699.jpg

Edited by Jumboshrmp

There is a small billboard near the Mobile Gas Station across from Universal on Kirkman and Vineland. Also there is a medium billboard just before the Kirkman North exit on I-4 West (exit 75B) after the Turnpike exit. Both do not have the Silver popout letters.

Edited by DesertBear

Okay after seeing that the commercial that I saw on the 1st and looking at the website, I think that the promotional materials this year are lackluster. When I live in Florida and was too young to go to the event, the commercials were the reason I want to go. Then I got into the websites, 2008 being my favorite. But it feels like Uni is alienating the devoted fans and catering to getting more general public in the park by the marketing that they are using.

Okay after seeing that the commercial that I saw on the 1st and looking at the website, I think that the promotional materials this year are lackluster. When I live in Florida and was too young to go to the event, the commercials were the reason I want to go. Then I got into the websites, 2008 being my favorite. But it feels like Uni is alienating the devoted fans and catering to getting more general public in the park by the marketing that they are using.

This is going to be a little off topic, but to respond it's necessary.

This years event is actually catoring to the "fanboy" fan base. Where as in the past, the websites have been for the diehard fans and the event catering more to the GP. Last year as an example, movies and big names.

I would much rather have less than satisfying marketing as well as a basic website, to then have an incredible event that's geared toward "our" interests. We have the LT house, Cindys house, which essentially...she is a character whose backstory was really created by the fans.

So with that said, alienate me all you want from the marketing and lackluster website, and blow my mind with things in the park that I will love and understand much more than the GP. The GP will love and enjoy the event as well, though they won't know the full story and/or understand each and every bit of the event like we do.

What we have to remember is that they are not trying to impress the loyal fans with the website/commercial, they know they have our money, they are trying to attract the general public and as much as we might not like it we have to remember that Universal is a business so they are always looking into how to attract more people into the parks and gain more money.

I will admit that at first I was a little disappointed in the site, then the commercial ( not as interactive as past years, commercial not as creepy, etc.) but once we are at the event and enjoying it, all those things will be forgotten and we will not be worrying about it.

• 2 weeks later...