HHN XX Commercial

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The version on the media site is the final version. Everyone needs to move on and get ready to enjoy the event. In the grand scheme of things, the commercials' importance to the event itself is very minor.

Prepare yourself for heresy of the highest order. I'm hearing this...or variations on this...all over the place. "The commercial is just for the public the event will be awesome!" or "Oh, don't worry about the site, it's just for the public. The event will be awesome!" or "Don't worry that they won't show FEAR, they'll show him at the event and it will be awesome!" etc. etc. ad nauseum.

These things, taken by themselves, aren't all that important to the event...but rolled together and taken as a whole they kinda ARE the event. I'm getting quite fed up with cryptic one or two sentence replies to my queries about why things seem so lackadaisical this year. No more "Oh, just wait and see." or "I can't say why but it's going to be amazing!" or "You'll shit cinder blocks!" Mmm hmm. Sounds like desperate hype to me. It's time for Universal to lay down their cards. SHOW US SOMETHING COOL. Something to make us believe. So far, the buildup to this years event has been damn near nonexistent. I find myself less excited about this year than I did about LAST year, and we all know how that turned out. That's just sad.

As I see it: The site is weak. The commercial is VERY weak. I am up to my eyeballs with this frigging lantern. The buildup is murky at best, and even the Legendary Truth game seems to have embarked upon a long, circuitous trek up it's own rear end. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HHN. I want this event to be the best ever, really I do. If you believe nothing else I write, believe that. But as much as I try, I'm just not really feeling it. Please, please, someone tell me why I'm wrong...and try not to do it in the form of a riddle.

I know, I know. Villagers, pitchforks, torches, burning windmill. *Yawn* Been there, done that.

Ok second try to post I remember the comercial that made me want to go for the first time to hhn it was the einy meany miny moe caretaker comercial and then the first intense web presents for me was 2005 the build up was great but what has happened uni has forgot what they learned back then.

Edited by crashcarnage

Ok second try to post I remeber the comercial that made me want to go for the first time to hhn it was the einy meany miny moe caretaker comercial and then the first intense web presents for me was 2005 the build up was great but what has happened uni has forgot what they learned back then.

Different times, different characters.

The Caretaker was an extremely marketable icon in 2002, as was the Director in 2003. This year they are purposely leaving Fear in the shadows, so they can't market him visually, just the idea of him. It requires a different tactic.

I like the marketing as a whole this year, because it has people curious. No one can really go in to the event with a strong, preconceived notion of what any of it will be like. That's a good thing. It will make the whole event more enjoyable as long as you aren't walking around looking for issues.

This commercial that has been going around, is it the Final, scary one? Because I hear people saying how scary the preview was, but honestly, its not scary at all. I take it Universal is making an even Scarier commercial that I have not seen yet?

You are watching the same commercial.. It has the same production values as their past commercials. I dunno why they are over-hyping it. :P 19 was better.