Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In Sign Up

Sign in to follow this  
zombieman

New book about Orlando's JAWS attraction

I'm in the middle of a brand new book with tons of cool info about the beloved JAWS ride.

It's called Adventures in Amity: Tales from the Jaws Ride

It's nearly 300 pages long, and contains the usual amount of history that we have all read before.

But this book goes a lot farther...

Half the book is interviews with people who designed (and re-designed) the attraction, skippers, the big-wigs behind the project, etc.

Most of us know that the ride closed shortly after it opened because it was an operations nightmare, and that Universal sued Ride & Show Engineering, right?

Well this book contains interviews with the Ride & Show Engineering guys!  It effectively tells both sides of the story.

It delves DEEPLY into the "shark bites boat" portion of the ride that existed only in the original version.  Why it was destined to fail.  Why Universal made decisions that guaranteed it would fail.

It does not get very deep into engineering.

There are some pictures at the end of every chapter - none of which are particularly great.  You can fine much better pictures at www.AmityBoatTours.com

I'm only halfway through and have no idea what is to come.  Seems like there has already been 30 interviews - all fascinating.  I'm hoping the last third isn't just pictures...

If it ended right here, I'd be completely satisfied.

It's available on Kindle for $10 or in paperback for $20.

EDIT: Finished the book today, and the remainder of the book was even more interviews till the very end.  Not filler pictures or references.  

If you get a bit teary eyed when you think about the loss of Jaws, you will LOVE this book.

• Like 1