Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In Sign Up

Sign in to follow this  
Ayush

2018's Upcoming Horror Films (The Most Promising)

2018 is going to be a great year for horror movies' fans because we will have sequels and films of cult franchises such as "A Nightmare of Elm Street", "Friday the 13th" and "Halloween". All these films in a single year, that is just "WoW".

So, I have curated a list of 20 horror films releasing in 2018 that make a promise to the viewers. Before listing them, I went through all the elements in a film such concept, horror level and connection with prestigious franchises. Also, I gathered around 120 films from global cinema for our 2018 horror calendar.

Most Promising 2018 Upcoming Horror Films

• A Quiet Place
  • Deep Blue Sea 2
  • Firestarter
  • God Particle
  • Halloween
  • Insidious: The Last Key
  • Nosferatu
  • Piranha JPN
  • Suspiria
  • The Grudge
  • The House with a Clock in its Walls
  • The Meg
  • The Nun
  • The Predator
  • Truth or Dare
  • Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Dead Snow 3
  • Friday the 13th Part XIII
  • Mama 2

One movie that has also impressed me is "Truth or Dare". There have been so many films on the same concept but the 2018's film is a Blumhouse production. So it is a enough reason to have high hopes from the film.

Please do name a film that you have been waiting for!

Catch the original article on my blog - http://www.filmyearth.com/horror-movies-2018/

I know I'm probably gonna get some backlash for even mentioning this on an HHN website or even hinting at me wanting it to come to HHN, but is everyone forgetting that Blumhouse made an announcement about next year's releases, and they hinted at the Five Nights movie being one of them? I could see it being a great puppet house!

• Like 2

On 12/23/2017 at 11:07 AM, HHN Pro said:

I know I'm probably gonna get some backlash for even mentioning this on an HHN website or even hinting at me wanting it to come to HHN, but is everyone forgetting that Blumhouse made an announcement about next year's releases, and they hinted at the Five Nights movie being one of them? I could see it being a great puppet house!

There hasn't been much information on IMDB, some sources say it may be cancelled. What are your insights? Is is going to release in 2018 or later!

On 12/24/2017 at 6:29 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

Strangers 2. This movie was slated after the first one was successful. 
 I am very interested in this  upcoming year for horror films. 

Me too, there are many sequels and famous franchises' films including Halloween, Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm street along with a Conjuring spin off The Nun. I believe 2018 may be among the finest year for the horror genre. What do you think on that!

The Predator movies can’t really be considered horror films. They’re action films with barely any horror elements. The Nun will be the scariest movie this year. I’m hoping we get a solo Predator maze this year and a Conjuring maze this year to advertise the movies coming out this year.

Both excited and worried about the Halloween movie coming out. By far my favorite Horror franchise and honestly I am intrigued to see what they can come up with. However, the new casting choices that have been made recently have me a little worried that they're going to somehow make this into just another slasher flick. I understand, that's the point of the whole movie, but I want to see something more, something with a good plot, good direction and above all... SCARY! If this is the final go around for Halloween, make it a memorable one. Don't just get sucked into the lazy formula of killing off a bunch of teenagers and day players until Lorrie comes to the rescue. 

Personally, I will they could've done something with the Jaime story line. Ignore parts 5 and on and pick up after 4. Do something different to connect 1-2 and 4. I don't know what exactly, and that's why I am not a writer in Hollywood. But, just off the top of my head, maybe we pick up with a grown up Danielle Harris in a Psyche Ward and Lorrie comes back saying she was never really dead, but in hiding, much like H20. She comes back to seek revenge and help get her daughter out of the spell somehow..... I don't know. Just a thought... 

I really hope it's decent. Resurrection and the Zombie Garbage definitely didn't set the bar high, so anything remotely entertaining and scary would be great. Here's hoping!

Slow movie news. 
 Jordan Peele  has a new movie coming out March 2019.  It's supposed to be horror movie.