Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In Sign Up

The_Joker

Random Thoughts

Driving a car is such a big adjustment when you have been driving a dodge durango for the past year and a half..but YAY for new cars and good gas mileage!

I went from a trailblazer to a HHR last summer myself It's very weird at first. :) And I second the joyfulness of boosted mpg!

I went from a trailblazer to a HHR last summer myself It's very weird at first. :) And I second the joyfulness of boosted mpg!

I went from a 2000 Dodge Durango to a 2012 Nissan Altima.

I miss my Durango in the icey weather.

New Random thought I have?

The cold weather makes me miss Florida. They're calling for snow on Friday.. I drove in my first heavy snow fall like two weeks ago and thought I was going to die. 8 out of 12 people called off work but I made it in.. YAY for Florida girls being able to drive in the snow!

• Like 1

Speaking of cold.... Wind chills as low as -54 here on Monday. Yes you read that correct. HIGH temp of -10. My wife and I were discussing heading to vero beach to my folks for a few days, but the snow will pry make it impossible to leave IL. SUCKS!

Starting to plan on my trip to HHN this year! I have to make my plans early, so that I can get my request for time off in right when it hits 6 months since days off tend to fill up in the office and only two people can be off at a time. Can't wait! I'm aiming for 3 days this year :D

We are heading down Oct 2nd this year. For the first time I will have to take a week off of work UNPAID!

I got laid off from a little company called Dell last November. Now Im working for an itty bitty outfit that makes tractors. I am going from 4 weeks vacation to ZERO vacation. Kinda sucks but when it comes to jobs now a days, beggars cant be choosers. Gotta pay those bills mang!

Good news it that my BFF Dave might actually get to go this year now that he isn't a broke ass anymore! Hope it works out!

This winter just keeps going and make my October HHN trip just seem that much farther away. Hopefully the snow will start melting at least.

So.. I am planning on moving to Orlando in two months.. and it is so overwhelming! I moved from Florida 2 1/2 years ago to Virginia... and it has never felt like home.. so time to move back! Anyone wanna come pack my house up for me... find me a job.. and a new house in Orlando?? kthnx!

So I hate my job. I can't quit because I need the money. I just want to transfer to a new position but they make it so difficult. I told them I didn't feel comfortable in the position I'm in but they said all I could do was apply for a transfer. It's been 2 weeks since then and I haven't heard anything about a transfer. Looks like I'm going to be a nervous wreck at work.

You know what's a problem? It's a problem when I'm trying to play the new Metal Gear Solid "game" and I expect David Hayter's voice to come out of Big Boss, but instead it's Kiefer Sutherland. All I can think of is Jack Bauer from 24 and it's throwin' me off! Hilariously, I don't have this problem watching other stuff with Kiefer Sutherland in it! I think it's because David Hayter has been the voice of Snake for years and I grew up associating him with MGS. I miss him already. :unsure:

Things That Are In My Wallet (abridged):

A card that says "Why are there beings at all instead of nothingness?"

I use this for judging humans. If they don't turn it over, they are not My People.

........ Then again, if they do turn it over........ Do they expect an answer? A joke? Who knows? .. All I know is that if they don't turn it over, they are on a different road than me, and never the twain shall meat.

Yes, Meat.

Edited by marchofprogress
To prove that I meant meat and it isn't a typo

BREAKING NEWS:

TOBE HOOPER (TCM & Poltergeist) HAS DIED AT THE AGE OF 74!!!

(1943-2017)

*Note: How do we not have an RIP thread? I couldn't find one... :chainsaw:

We don't seem to have an RIP thread so...

On 7/30/18, my grandmother passed away. She was my introduction to horror movies and all things spooky. She instilled in me my love of Halloween. From watching the old black and white classics (Them! was my first horror movie at about 5)and watching Dr. Paul Bearer's Creature Feature, to being with me going through my first haunted house (Pinellas Square Mall), to her annual Halloween bash, she fostered and created my love for horror and Halloween. 

I miss her deeply. This Halloween will be hard as the annual tradition will be broken. 

Rest In Peace, Grandma. I love you.