Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In Sign Up

Sign in to follow this  
Rotting Corpse

Best Movie In a Horror Series

I did say in the first post though that series with three or more movies is what counts. Maybe a seperate listing for duologies like those would be better.

I remembered The Thing, which has three movies (the 1951 movie, the 1982 remake and it's prequel). Not seen the 1951 version but seen the other two, easily like the 1982 version better.

• Like 1

Friday The 13th- Friday The 13th Part 3 (this is my favorite series as a whole)

Halloween- Halloween

A Nightmare On Elm Street- A Nightmare On Elm Street

Saw- Saw 2

Scream- Scream

Evil Dead - Evil Dead (original)

Phantasm- (havent seen any of them)

Alien- Alien

Predator- Predator

Hellraiser- Hellraiser

Child's Play- Child's Play 2

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Final Destination- Final Destination

Paranormal Activity- Paranormal Activity 3

I don't think I mentioned I Know What You Did Last Summer before. The original was definitely the best, the second was okay but the third was horrible.

I don't think I mentioned I Know What You Did Last Summer before. The original was definitely the best, the second was okay but the third was horrible.

Their was a third?......interesting.........

I agree the original was the best but the series as a whole isnt anything great like Halloween or Friday the 13th....or even Scream from the same era

I recently saw Curse Of Chucky (AKA Child's Play 6). Really liked it and thought it was a good comeback for the series. I still like the original the best, though it's always very close between it and Child's Play 2.

Friday The 13th - Part 2

Halloween - 1978 Original

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Original

Saw - Saw III

Scream - Original

Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2013

Phantasm - Never Seen It

Alien - Aliens

Predator - Original

Hellraiser - Original

Child's Play - Original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Original

Final Destination - Final Destination 3

Paranormal Activity - Paranormal Activity 2

Phantasm's an awesome series, definitely seek them out.

Too bad there might not be another film in the series. Don Coscarelli has put out some great "micro-budgeted" films. John Dies at the End and Bubba Ho-tep were awesome!

• Like 1

Friday The 13th - I'm going to go with Freddy vs. Jason. I love his look in this film, and the rave massacre was just great.

Halloween - Hands down the original. Brilliant cinematography and art design.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Either part one or part three. Both have great moments.

Saw - The first one. Very nice and contained, and didn't have all the foolishness of the later films. Oh, and didn't really push the envelope of incredulity.

Scream - One or two. I like the satire of the first, but the second is much darker and more violent.

Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2 or the remake. Both are a lot of fun to watch, and play their horror well.

Phantasm - Gotta go with Phantasm II. Just a stronger film.

Alien - Aliens. Can't go wrong with Marines fighting acid bugs. And so much influence on pop culture, even to this day.

Predator - They're all the same to me.

Hellraiser - I like 1 & 2, but I think my favorite is actually part 5 (Inferno, I think). I like the film noir aspect of it, and the slow unraveling of the main character.

Child's Play - Never been a huge fan of the series, but if I have to pick one, I'll go with the first.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The 2003 remake. REALLY like the look of Leatherface, love that he's much meaner and more aware of what he's doing, and the whole family is just fun to watch.

Final Destination - I'll go with number one, due to its X-Files connection.

Paranormal Activity - Definitely the first. Two's not bad, but they've just gotten sillier and sillier after that.

I got back from Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones and found it surprisingly good and a return to form for the series. I still think the original is the best, but this one is neck and neck with part 2 as the best sequel, IMO.

On the subject of anthologies, another I remembered was Body Bags from back in 1993. I haven't seen it in so long but remember it being pretty good, with The Gas Station segment being particularly good. Been meaning to get the recent Scream Factory Blu-ray of it.

I don't know if anyone remembers these movies or even knows of them, but the Warlock trilogy is another I remembered. I've seen the first two and liked both, the title villain is awesome.

I got back from Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones and found it surprisingly good and a return to form for the series. I still think the original is the best, but this one is neck and neck with part 2 as the best sequel, IMO.

Haven't recently watched the PAs again I think part 2 might be my new favorite of the series, but the first two are both very close for me.

On the subject of anthologies, another I remembered was Body Bags from back in 1993. I haven't seen it in so long but remember it being pretty good, with The Gas Station segment being particularly good. Been meaning to get the recent Scream Factory Blu-ray of it.

Watched this again for the first time in years and stand by The Gas Station being the best segment, though Eye was also good.

Maybe a stretch to count either as Horror, but I was thinking of Godzilla and King Kong. Not totally straight-up Horror but not out of place, either.

On the subject of Horror TV shows, I recently got the complete Tales From The Darkside set, look forward to going through the entire series and seeing which episodes hold up the best. I know Halloween Candy will always be my favorite.

Recently went through the entire run of Tales From The Darkside. IMO the best episode per season:

1 - Inside The Closet

2 - Halloween Candy

3 - Seasons Of Belief

4 - The Family Reunion

Halloween Candy is my favorite by far.