Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In Sign Up

Sign in to follow this  
zombieman

Park Memorabilia - 1992

You wanted it.... Here it is!

Map_Outside.jpg

Map_Inside.jpg

Promo-2.jpg

Insert.jpg

Ticket.jpg

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 1

After really studying my maps again, I realized I have been feeding you guys a bit of false information. My memory was convinced that in 1992, HHN had only ONE maze, plus the Terror Tram. It turns out that in fact there were TWO mazes: Maze of Maniacs and Nightmare Alley. The show schedule should really help give you an idea of the size of each show. From it, you can clearly see that HHN Hollywood had something to see every moment of the night. It was a giant nonstop show.

From the description of the Dungeon of Terror and Carnival of Carnage, you'd think they might have been mazes also, but the CoC was was what would today pass as a scarezone, and the DoT was a show with simulated torture. I have no freaking idea what the "Mutation Pit" was, but it sure sounds cool, doesn't it?

By the way, just because the show schedule listed something as "continuous" didn't mean it was a maze. Again, a couple of these things were very early scarezones.

Edited by zombieman

I notice Nightmare ally and Maze of Maniacs appear to be in somewhat vague locations. Were those two mazes in backstage areas or something?

I notice Nightmare ally and Maze of Maniacs appear to be in somewhat vague locations. Were those two mazes in backstage areas or something?

That's asking way too much of my spotty memory. Back then, I was in full patron mode; I had no idea that there was a backstage.

On May 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM, zombieman said:

After really studying my maps again, I realized I have been feeding you guys a bit of false information. My memory was convinced that in 1992, HHN had only ONE maze, plus the Terror Tram. It turns out that in fact there were TWO mazes: Maze of Maniacs and Nightmare Alley. The show schedule should really help give you an idea of the size of each show. From it, you can clearly see that HHN Hollywood had something to see every moment of the night. It was a giant nonstop show.

From the description of the Dungeon of Terror and Carnival of Carnage, you'd think they might have been mazes also, but the CoC was was what would today pass as a scarezone, and the DoT was a show with simulated torture. I have no freaking idea what the "Mutation Pit" was, but it sure sounds cool, doesn't it?

By the way, just because the show schedule listed something as "continuous" didn't mean it was a maze. Again, a couple of these things were very early scarezones.

This video of a newscast from 30 October 1992 gives a glimpse of the event. The Mutation Pit show is briefly seen apparently "guests" are lowered into a vat of "acid" to be transformed into horrible creatures. Skip to about 6:45 for the HHN coverage.