Welcome to Horror Night Nightmares

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In Sign Up

mz_

Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

Im not sure if I went through cast change when I went through on Friday but...I saw both Cindys and maybe...3 orphans. The house was almost empty when I went through. The house wasn't to bad as far as atmosphere goes but it could've been waaaay better If I just went through at the right time.

And what would you have liked them to do more with the flame effect? just curious.

I guess, for me, the fact that this was supposed to be the 1st time they used open flame "in" a house......it could have been actually "in" the house. I didn't think it was bad....but I thought it was just a flame and nothing really special.

I actually quite liked the flame effect. Yeah, it's not a huge wall of fire, but when you feel the intense heat halfway through the house and look outside, it's a nice, subtle surprise.

Last night I learned something new in this house, I went through with someone wearing a Vault shirt and when Cindy saw it she revealed: "I burned that Vault down, too!"

I had the pleasure of doing The Orfanage "Alone. Meaning I was the first person in the house when it opened, and took my time going thru. To me that made it a better experience. When I left the house 15 min later, no other guests had made their way to the back of the park yet. I was able to take my time, looking at the details of the house and as "The Skool" in 05, the kids are just plain creepy, and creepy is good. My only complaint with this house is that a few of the scares come from behind you as you are walking thru.

Not giving any number ratings for any of the houses but this one is near the top of my list. Now since I did the house "Alone" where is my freaking T-Shirt?

Cast A giraffe at the drop window pointed at Jumboshrimp's HNN shirt and I was like "wooo nightmares!" and we started dancing. It was awesome. :D

This is not one of my faves overall (Jaws queue imposes too many limitations), but we've had some really good run throughs. It has improved over the course of the event. I can't even imagine working in there without AC. We always go through early, before the lines build, and have managed to do it "Alone" a couple of times. Yesterday was a riot when one guy (in a pirate costume I think...on the righthand side, jumps out with red lights) scared me and then told me, "I scare you every day!" Quite true, since we're there every FFP+ day at the same time, and that jump scare always gets me. I go through blind because of the bright sun and then sudden darkness, which enhances my vulnerability.

For those who say there is only one Cindy, there are definitely two but you won't always catch the one at the end.

Edited by atigeg

This house is awesome I try to hit it up at the end of the night because there is almost no wait time. I notice the other night that they played the Cindy's XX Theme before you go in.

This is not one of my faves overall (Jaws queue imposes too many limitations), but we've had some really good run throughs. It has improved over the course of the event. I can't even imagine working in there without AC. We always go through early, before the lines build, and have managed to do it "Alone" a couple of times. Yesterday was a riot when one guy (in a pirate costume I think...on the righthand side, jumps out with red lights) scared me and then told me, "I scare you every day!" Quite true, since we're there every FFP+ day at the same time, and that jump scare always gets me. I go through blind because of the bright sun and then sudden darkness, which enhances my vulnerability.

That darm pirate gets me every frickin time. The combination of a great location and perfect timing is lethal in this case. Shaping up as my favorite house

due solely to the amazing cast. The first Cindy, the pirate, the little clown girl, the garaffe, the trick or treat twins, the baby animals ..you are all very sick people and I love you

dearly. My fave for this year has got to be the finale Cindy in cast B she has the perfect mix of cute and creepy nailed, she "burns" me every time!!

Edited by keeper

This house consistently disappointed me all year.

However, I had a great walkthrough last night.

I wanted to give this house one more chance so we headed there early (around 6:30ish) and walked right in. Perhaps it was because we were the only ones walking through at the time, or maybe it was because my eyes were still adjusting from the dimly lit skies, but we got some awesome and intense scares.

I am extremely happy I gave this house another chance. Nice work!

Can anyone please tell me who the first and last Cindy scareactors were?

I just wanted to says thanks for an amazing time.

I've said it before and I've said it again. The best scares in this house in my opinion came from Black Pirate. He was awesome. Microphone cindy with creepy FX at the beginning was also pretty cool, and the rest of the actors put in a lot of effort, but it just didn't pay off

Just another reinforced shout-out to everyone working this house, especially both pirates and the Cindies - you guys were incredible and moved this house from an intial #7 to my #3. My pick for the most underrated house this year, hands down, you guys were always the house I was looking forward to and would hit up when the park opened so I could do it again later with Express.

I was just listening to Playground Twist by Souixsie and the Banshees and it reminded me of this house.

Wish I could have one more trip through.....sigh....

Mae

Hello all! I was hoping if anyone could remember what this house experience was like? Like what were the rooms and effects in this house. I am very curious to know the rooms and such for this maze! If anyone could help out, that would be great! 

Thank you so much! You all are amazing! 

I distinctly remember looking out of a longer rectangle window and they had (real) fire being created to make it look like you were in a burning Orphanage. They also had ash falling at the entrance. Bout all I remember.

• Like 1

Code named Krispy

Room names: Play Room, Time Out, Bunk Beds, Nursery, Lecture Hall, Ghostly Twins, Double Shot, Party Room, Destroyed School Room. Furnace Room.

Was in the Jaws Queue. You walked in past the burnt Good Harvest Orphanage sign and play ground equipment. there were fire effects and soap suds falling as ash.

Play room. Exactly what it sounds like. Toys, lockers, etc.

Time Out had desks. You went around a corner and there was a mannequin of cindy writing on the black board. there was a black light effect and then a Cindy scare.

Bunk Beds had... bunk beds with scare actors. I can't remember but a lot of the "kids" had morphan masks. anyway the bunk beds had welded wire on them.

the Nursery was a bunch of cribs and was featured in the game. it had scareactors and an open widow with a ghost girl? floating in it. 

Lecture Hall I really don't remember.

Ghostly twins had a pepper's ghost effect.. I think. I know there was a mirror.

Double Shot was heavily burned and had a real flame effect in the wall

Party Room... eh... a party? I forget

Destroyed School Room was the school room now destroyed and had rafters. I believe the children were climbing in them.

Furnace Room had a real electrical effect (I believe the same one from S&S), furnaces, and Cindy as a final scare.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JDW said:

Code named Krispy

Room names: Play Room, Time Out, Bunk Beds, Nursery, Lecture Hall, Ghostly Twins, Double Shot, Party Room, Destroyed School Room. Furnace Room.

Was in the Jaws Queue. You walked in past the burnt Good Harvest Orphanage sign and play ground equipment. there were fire effects and soap suds falling as ash.

Play room. Exactly what it sounds like. Toys, lockers, etc.

Time Out had desks. You went around a corner and there was a mannequin of cindy writing on the black board. there was a black light effect and then a Cindy scare.

Bunk Beds had... bunk beds with scare actors. I can't remember but a lot of the "kids" had morphan masks. anyway the bunk beds had welded wire on them.

the Nursery was a bunch of cribs and was featured in the game. it had scareactors and an open widow with a ghost girl? floating in it. 

Lecture Hall I really don't remember.

Ghostly twins had a pepper's ghost effect.. I think. I know there was a mirror.

Double Shot was heavily burned and had a real flame effect in the wall

Party Room... eh... a party? I forget

Destroyed School Room was the school room now destroyed and had rafters. I believe the children were climbing in them.

Furnace Room had a real electrical effect (I believe the same one from S&S), furnaces, and Cindy as a final scare.

You are the BEST!!!!! I love these forums so much! Everyone is so helpful!!! 

Lecture Hall had the cargo net scare!

• Like 2