First off, for absolutely no reason besides your handle, it takes a lot to not respond to your comment by saying "shutup Dan. You're stupid."
For no other reason than your handle!
Anyhow .. I qualified my statement. I crap all over them for doing TWD too many times, but really, isn't it a worse Sin - all things considered - to do a literal repeat of a house? Awil was like two years earlier, LOL.
To address the others.. I don't normally put much stock in what's generally agreed upon, and I thought the RUN house was... Was. *nods*
Purge house was clearly just Scream.
I stand by everything I said except that there was no weak link. I looked at the map and my pix and everything again and, yeah, there were weak links. So. . . . TOUCHE, you stupid, stupid person (again, just based on your handle and my constitutional inability to help myself!)
I felt compelled to not respond to your post at all, since I normally don't entertain people a) who call me stupid, seem to be entirely lacking in humor (seriously, I pictured you as the storyteller - topical HHN reference! - and even read it in my head in that voice), and c) aren't really paying much attention (did ... did you read the title of this review? what do you figure spinning something backwards means exactly, person who read my review on a HHN fan forum we both belong to? Do...do I need to put my tongue in your cheek? Cus that's gross. I'm a married man.) . . .
However, I had to point out that :
1) You can't say "Why the hell would I spend almost a thousand dollars every year to experience this event if people in masks be they scarecrows or vampires, didn't get me in some capacity?" and then ask why I would think the event owed me something . . . Still, it made me laugh to beat the bends. Self-awareness is for suckers.
2) What did YOU think of Scary Tales 2, person who has only gone the past three years and definitely, absolutely, 100% positively didn't go through that house? Is that a rabbit hole you want to go down, really?
3) There is no 3. It's fake news.
4) Jump scares are cheap, and I don't think that's something that's in dispute. In fact, "jump scare" is pretty much synonymous with "cheap scare." There's a vast difference between "scared' and "startled." A vaast difference. Learn it. Live it. Love it. "Horror" != "startle response" ...... Don't look it up in a dictionary. Just take my word for it. I Am Right - I Promise.
E) My internal logic is spotless.
5) I am amused at taking criticism on my opinions from people who have only been to the event 3 times. It's like talking to a child. Therefore, I'll move along and just end on this note: telling people their opinions are wrong and calling them stupid is unproductive. Why not turn that vitriol into something useful, like crocheting a scarf or ... I don't know, watching the Autopsy of Jane Doe. Or ... I mean... Really, a very long list of movies. If you ever want to know what horror actually is, I can give you a list. I'm all about making human connections, and I don't want you to hate me, random internet stranger whose name literally says you love the entire city but posted just a bunch of hate!
<3 Hearts and Scarfs <3
I think you are literally the third person - out of tens of billions - who has agreed with me about aved. Tens of billions.
I guess they just don't like rock music, deadites, Ash saying nonsense, disembodied heads, or finally - FINALLY! - making it to Jacksonville.