We have implemented the following rules and guidelines for the Horror Night Nightmares forums. This guide is designed around a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
The Nightmare Rules
- We require all posts to be positive, constructive, and on topic. We reserve the right to delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread.
- We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our nightmares. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you.
- Having fun is good, we like fun. There are some general forums for off-topic discussion. Please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in our nightmares beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
- You may not make personal attacks on other members or staff members either in public forums or private messages.
- We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our nightmares. We will be fair and provide warning(s) in most cases.
- If you have an issue concerning our guidelines, users, or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email to a staff member. All moderators, and administrators are highlighted in the active members list. We take serious complaints to heart and will do our best to address them.
The Nightmare Rules
- There will be no "excessive" use of profanity or foul language.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discrimination's.
- There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
- You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
- Write in proper English. It is expected that basic spelling and punctuation will be evident in all of your posts. If English isn't your native tongue, try to put effort into typing properly. There's a difference between not knowing English and just being plain lazy.
- Pornography, Warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
- All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators, and moderators deem reasonable.
- Users may not argue a moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive.
- Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 460x130 pixels and 100kb in size, and NO ANIMATION. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to resize your image. Please also keep text signatures at the default size, font and under 5 lines. Failing to append with a moderator will result in the removal of your signature.
- Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator. Use the search.
- If a topic is recognized as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator either via PM or the 'report post to moderator' feature; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact. Any person(s) who attempt to present themselves as a Moderator by posting negatively to a member's topic (which has been posted in error and requires locking or moving to another forum) will be sent a PM warning and placed into moderation queue upon further actions.
- Any impersonation of a user from these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
- Members are required to be at least 13 years of age to sign-up and post. Any member found to be under this age limit will automatically be banned unless written parental consent is received.
- Linked and locked topics are pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
- You may have one username on the board at any one time. If you wish to change your name, PM a moderator or administrator. We reserve the right to merge or delete multiple accounts.
- You may only post or advertise a website IF your affiliated with Horror Night Nightmares, this includes linked signatures as well. This EXCLUDES other Halloween Horror Night/Howl-O-Scream based Forums. Becoming an affiliate of Horror Night Nightmares is easy, send a email or PM to one of the admins. After we accept, you must place a pre-made banner that is linked to "http://www.horrornightnightmares.com" that we will create for you, on your site and/or forum. Facebook fan pages must have the Horror Night Nightmares Facebook page listed in a "Favorite Pages" box. In return we will add a banner for your site to our affiliate (friends) side box. If you are posting news, rumors or story's from another site you can add one line that says "Credit: Site Name" included in the post.Horror Night Nightmares is not affiliated with NBC Universal, Universal Studios, The Blackstone Group, ABC, Walt Disney Company, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Merlin Entertainment or any subsidiary company. Users of the discussion forum that are affiliated with any of these company's should be aware that the consequences of posting confidential and/or private information will be determined by their employer.WARNING! these forums may be too intense for anyone under the age of 17. You've been warned.Thanks,The HNN Staff