HHN opening night

Opening night is in one word...AMAZING!!! ;)

Now mind you, there are still glitches throughout the event, but if you really LOVE it, this is the night to attend!

Amazingly enough, the night isn't as crowded as you would think it would be. It is busy but not nearly as crowded as the following evening (which always falls on a Saturday) or some of the later weekend dates.

If you get a Frequent Fear Pass, you have the opportunity to go numerous times throughout the event and see the progressions and changes that are made to the houses, scare zones and shows.

I think most longtime attendees will agree with me, opening night is a must! :D (

(At least to me...LOL)

You should definitely make a point to hit opening night. It's amazing, like Hush said, and usually isn't crowded. Some of the scareactors are still getting into their scaring boots, while others are at their best because they're fresh, so scareactor-wise it's a matter of opinion about whether there's a difference. I'd recommend going in the middle or near the end of the event in addition to opening night if you can, but if you live somewhere far it's understandable if you can't. But yeah, it's a cool feeling being one of the first to see everything we wait all year for. Hope this helps. Sorry it isn't as extensive as Hush's. :P

Edited by Sweeneys Emo Kid Megz

If I could only pick one night to attend the event each year, it would be opening night.

Everything is new. Unfortunately, people like to destroy stuff, so if you o towards the end of the event you may see some sets in states that the designers had not intended.

Crowds are small. In late September most people are not yet thinking about halloween and ones that are, are people like you would find one websites such as this. In other words, you don't have a lot of the drunken john smiths that are there just because it is halloween.

Scareactors are fresh. Scareactors seem to be the most rested and energetic during the first weekend. At the same time though, most scareactors are still trying to get into their groove (figuring out scare tactics that work or not). Of corse there are always exceptions, so I think that this could go either way.

Opening ceremonies. In years past they would have 'opening scareamonies' that tied into the theme for that year. Unfortunately, they haven't really done this for the past few years.

Opening weekend is the only time I can go. I work at an Italian Market in Hollywood Florida and my boss doesn't like to give vacation in October. We get really busy from October to the end of December.

If opening weekend is the only time you can go then that is perfect! ;) You couldn't ask for a better way to experience the event. As everyone has mentioned that weekend is less crowded, all the houses/zones/performers are fresh, it's a great way to really immerse yourself in the event and take it all in, sans the crowds.