HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

Finally got an email update:

ATTN: HHN Golden Ticket recipients

Thank you for your patience over the past several weeks as we have worked diligently to fill all of the available roles.  As of today, all casting decisions have been made for Halloween Horror Nights 2015.  However, that does not mean that you are no longer under consideration.  After the event opens, additional roles open up on a regular basis due to a variety of factors.  

Should a position become available for you, someone from the Staffing office will contact you by phone to see if you are still interested and to confirm that you are able to work the remaining event nights.  If you accept the role, we will send you a casting email, schedule you to complete your paperwork, and make arrangements for you to attend training prior to your first night of work.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see that they're doing another round of auditions this Friday?

Yeah, a couple people dropped and they want to open a second Purge scarezone with some of the Tram actors so they need to hire some more people first to fill their roles I believe. 

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts
Addition
  • Like 1

Yeah, a couple people dropped and they want to open a second Purge scarezone with some of the Tram actors so they need to hire some more people first to fill their roles I believe. 

hahahaha a couple. like  a lot of couples. a lot of people have dropped, pool people have been assigned spots and dropped, etc. it's an ever cycling thing.

Oooh more Purge is always good with me! I felt like the terror tram needed more scareactors when I walked through. Felt pretty barren. I'm auditioning again so fingers crossed!

Oooh more Purge is always good with me! I felt like the terror tram needed more scareactors when I walked through. Felt pretty barren. I'm auditioning again so fingers crossed!

When did you go through? The bates area has a ton of actors, but I'm not sure about the rest of it.

Tram has a huge cast of roughly 120 people.

Added
  • Like 1

They're really confusing on how they're casting that spot... Are you permanent there? Also, were you 538? 'Cause I took your spot that one night when that really sad guy tried to get into Purge Scarezone instead.. That was me... ):

I know they put at least one person permanently into Tram from pool, and most nights they fill like 10-15 people as random generics into tram. But they also move like 10-15 to the scarezone. Even some from mazes. o.o

They're really confusing on how they're casting that spot... Are you permanent there? Also, were you 538? 'Cause I took your spot that one night when that really sad guy tried to get into Purge Scarezone instead.. That was me... ):

I know they put at least one person permanently into Tram from pool, and most nights they fill like 10-15 people as random generics into tram. But they also move like 10-15 to the scarezone. Even some from mazes. o.o

That was indeed me and remember you. The way it worked (I believe, don't hold me to this, just what I observed) was this last Thursday Scott came to the Terror Tram Supervisors and said they wanted to try a new scarezone in metro because it was getting low ratings; a zone with no fog or effects (currently), but just a small gang of actors where the tram pickup is. They asked the supervisors to give them their best 10-15 people. I was one of the people who was asked. So Thursday we went down after tram and did 2 scarezone sets. Scott and them really liked it and wanted to try it again friday and see how guests felt about it. Because of sick calls and such, they narrowed it down to 6 of us and a pool guy for Friday. We worked the new experimental zone all friday. The higher ups saw it and I believe liked it and want it permanent... But they want to cast the tram actors that had for the Friday run, along with 6 or so others that Scott and the new zone supervisor believe should do it. As of now there's a list of 14 of us that go down after tram because they don't have enough extra pool to fill our roles for the night. That's why they are holding more auditions I believe.

I think their reasoning was that the group they initially got for friday, they really liked and we all worked really well together. We would team up and had our own areas and styles we became used to so we could work off each other. the next few days they added some people and took away some people (that weren't part of the original 7) and are finding the best setup.

Also this weekend was really crazy with the new scarezone stuff because Scott wouldn't know if he had enough people to do it until after he casted pool. So the group of me and 5 others from tram would be waiting in scarebase until 5:30-6 for him to tell us both Saturday and Sunday that it would be happening later. Saturday it got really weird because he came up to me and said that it wouldn't be happening tonight, but he needs me to fill red face demon in insidious because the only pool actors left didn't fit the costume. So even though I'm not pool, I was insidious Saturday and had a great time. Apparently their supervisor went to my tram sups and asked them if they could have me permanently and the tram sups were like, hell no!

Addition
  • Like 1

When did you go through? The bates area has a ton of actors, but I'm not sure about the rest of it.

Tram has a huge cast of roughly 120 people.

I went through 9/26 around 10:30 PM. I was shocked because I expected to see a TON of scareactors based on what I heard about how many they cast, but it was very scarce when I went through. Not sure if it was just a switch out time, or what, but I felt like 70% of it was just walking around with a purger popping out every few minutes. I was really hoping they might take some elements from Orlando's scarezone last year with the bus auction. I know that probably would have been difficult to set up back there, but I didn't feel like anything really compared in terms of complete immersion. Also, I was hoping for more people in 'traditional' purge masks like at the beginning of the zone. There were some really strange scareactors further down by the WOW set that I didn't feel like fit the concept. I LOVED that patriotic music though...

I went through 9/26 around 10:30 PM. I was shocked because I expected to see a TON of scareactors based on what I heard about how many they cast, but it was very scarce when I went through. Not sure if it was just a switch out time, or what, but I felt like 70% of it was just walking around with a purger popping out every few minutes. I was really hoping they might take some elements from Orlando's scarezone last year with the bus auction. I know that probably would have been difficult to set up back there, but I didn't feel like anything really compared in terms of complete immersion. Also, I was hoping for more people in 'traditional' purge masks like at the beginning of the zone. There were some really strange scareactors further down by the WOW set that I didn't feel like fit the concept. I LOVED that patriotic music though...

Terror tram has gotten a lot better since the 26th, they've  kept changing things every night, but yea more actors in some areas would be cool

• Like 1