HHN 2013 Auditions

JDW

I wasn't cast but I think it had to do with my height. Out of 40 something people in my group.. they only cast like 6 and all of them were tall and thin. We got the same "what's your favorite horror movie" question. It was very fun and I am glad that I went. Congrats to those who were cast. I look forward to you scaring the bejesus out of me!

I had the same thing happen at the reunion audition: they only took about 8 out of our 40, and I wasn't one of them (after multiple years doing this event). 6 days later I got a "Congratulations, you've been cast!" email. It's been a pretty rough year so far for auditions but hang in there.

• Like 2

I FINALLY GOT CAST!!! I'mso happy I could cry! !! Ihave wanted this for sooo long xD I can die happy now :)

Congrats to joining the hhn family.

I didn't get it casted unfortunately..but look forward to seeing you all.

So I know that new comers have orientation sometime this month which is just about being a Universal employee but what exactly happens during rehearsals?

I wrote an article (somewhere). I'll try and find it.

EDIT - Maybe I didn't. I know I had plans on writing one. I'll keep digging.

Basically, the first rehearsal is fitting and walk-through of the house. You may luck out and get some time to practice with the other casts. Second rehearsal is dress-rehearsal and "Review," when you get in costume to scare, and then management walks through to finally see it with scareactors (one cast) while the other cast lines up so management can make final notes on costumes/make-up.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Basically, the first rehearsal is fitting and walk-through of the house. You may luck out and get some time to practice with the other casts. Second rehearsal is dress-rehearsal and "Review," when you get in costume to scare, and then management walks through to finally see it with scareactors (one cast) while the other cast lines up so management can make final notes on costumes/make-up.

Awesome! Sounds like sooo much fun. I can't wait!!!! And thanks, you're always helpful!!!!!

Are dress rehearsal and employee preview two different things?

Are dress rehearsal and employee preview two different things?

Yes, rehearsals are for scareactors to get fitted and put things into motion. Employee Night is for all the Universal Team members to enjoy the event before opening night.

I never posted about it but I got cast during the first round of auditions. Very excited and proud to be working this great event after being a fan for so long.

Any idea If call times have anything to do with you being in a house or street?

I never posted about it but I got cast during the first round of auditions. Very excited and proud to be working this great event after being a fan for so long.

Any idea If call times have anything to do with you being in a house or street?

Welcome to the family!

And no, they shouldn't. Your role should though (don't publish it anywhere, you know this).

• Like 1

No sure what thread to ask this in, so I guess I'll ask it here. lol What do we wear to rehearsal? I know black shoes, but do we wear all black as well or does it matter? (I'm thinking light gym clothes, but I'm not sure) Thanks so much for all your help! I greatly appreciate all of the support from the veteran Scareactors to us newbies! Lol :)

Edited by jman90210

• 2 weeks later...