HHN 2013 Auditions

JDW

For anyone who has yet to audition, don't lose all hope if you're not cast that night. Every year there have been individuals not cast initially but hired later for the event due to additional spots being created or people dropping out. Just be yourself, answer any inquirythey have of you to the best of your knowledge, and don't sweat it.

• Like 1

I have a question for previous scareactors. I know Universal wants actors to work the full event, and if you request too much time off at auditions it will hurt your chances of getting casted. I was wondering how much time is asking for too much? Is asking for 2 or 3 days off the season too much?

It all depends. 2011 I auditioned open call. I had fully availability and they did not cast me. Last year I requested 4 Sundays off and was cast. This year I again had full availability and was not cast.

A quick question for veterans of the scaring: exactly what body type are they looking for? Does it need to be muscular or does it usually vary? You guys that have been doing this for a while, do you notice some similarities body-wise? Just trying to see if the odds are with or against me.

A quick question for veterans of the scaring: exactly what body type are they looking for? Does it need to be muscular or does it usually vary? You guys that have been doing this for a while, do you notice some similarities body-wise? Just trying to see if the odds are with or against me.

The correct answer is "all types." That said, it all really depends on what they need that year. I really can't even fully pinpoint similarities, since every year needs every type in some capacity.

But you could fit the measurements of every costume they have, have full availability and be a 10-year veteran and still not get cast, just because of the nature of auditions. Give it a shot and cross your fingers.

• Like 3

I'm new to auditioning and I had a question regarding resumes. Is it an Acting resume they need, or a job resume?

I have acting experience, and job experience, but I can't recall half the plays I was in :/

Acting, really.

I'm basically a ghost when it comes to forums. I just read everyones comments and I've been doing that for years but I'm auditioning on Tuesday. With that, I have some questions. I know what kind of questions they will be asking, such as favorite movie, color, and haunted house. But my question is what kind of answers are they looking for?

For example, if they ask me what's my favorite movie, should I respond with the literal answer which would be "Strangers on a Train" or should I respond with more of a snarky answer such as "a film that I'm the killer"?

i've been reading a lot of great tips and I'm thankful for the vets giving us newbies some insight of what and what not to do to get a role.

Thanks for the help!

An honest answer is the best answer. The attempt at a snarky answer is nowhere near as unique as most people assume it is. If your favorite scary movie is "Vertigo," say it. If you think The Greedy from "The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy" is the most terrifying creature ever devised on-screen, say it.

Honesty will get you further than trying to be funny.

• Like 2

An honest answer is the best answer. The attempt at a snarky answer is nowhere near as unique as most people assume it is. If your favorite scary movie is "Vertigo," say it. If you think The Greedy from "The Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy" is the most terrifying creature ever devised on-screen, say it.

Honesty will get you further than trying to be funny.

Sounds good! Thank you. My appointment is 8:30 this Tuesday. I'll post if I get a part. *fingers crossed*

Ok so based off of reading this thread the audition is just waiting in line to show a paper and that really kinda it right? How long do these auditions usually take? I have work the next morning real early :/

Ok so based off of reading this thread the audition is just waiting in line to show a paper and that really kinda it right? How long do these auditions usually take? I have work the next morning real early :/

I have a few more simple questions before my audition tomorrow. When answering the questions should we do intimidating faces or voices? Or should it be a normal response? Another question should I smile and be warm? Or is that a turn off? I'm just trying to get a 100% feel of what to do to increase my chances of getting a role. I know that its mainly based off of body but I know that presentation is everything as well. Thanks!

I got cast! I want to thank all of you for answering my question and such. I'm pumped to be apart of this years event. But they did ask if we would shave our heads and I raised my hand. So we'll see! Haha

• Like 1